Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

10 hours ago, kjuno said:

I feel your pain day 4 liquid only diet and everyone in my office is having lunch. Surgery date: 12/11

I had mine a year ago on 12/11/17. Hang in there. It all goes so fast!

Hi Everyone.... sorry for the delay in my post, but I have been sleeping/healing most of the time.

My day started at 3am to drink the presurgery ClearFast... then off to the hospital for arrival by 6am. Surgery time at 7:30. Every thing ran very smoothly. They gave me another recap of what the surgery would entail. I arrived in the OR at 7:38 and that is the last thing I remember before waking up in the recovery room. My surgeon said that it only took him 45 minutes to do his job... then off to tell my husband how it went. I was in my room at about 10am and feeling pretty well. I was up and walking about an hour after that.

My pain never went above 4... but that could be because of the anesthesia still in my system. For me, the worst part at this stage was the heartburn. My belly was very tender, but nothing that a few ice packs couldn't help. I actually stole the reusable ice pack and am still icing. Hoping to get the swelling down.

I had 5 incisions... the largest one was where they removed my stomach through. According to my surgeon, I had a very large stomach. Normal is 7 inches.... mine was 12. So, needless to say, the largest incision is showing more bruising than the other 4.

I am very happy that it is over... Now onto recovery. It is a little weird being excited that I can finish a Protein Shake (even tho it took 3 hours to finish!!)

Can you believe it’s December already and it’s our surgery month ?! I’m from Australia and new to this site and am scheduled for VSG on dec 13th I am so excited !!

Hey guys, im day one post op not gonna lie I had a really rough day yesterday andlast night all due to gas pain. Was pretty brutal feeling way better today though so I guess if it happens it does go away eventualy. They gave me a difene suppository this morning and tha worked a treat.

Feeling a bit tender still but allowed free fluids now. Hoping each day is a step in the right direction now.

Irish_sleever are they gonna let you go home today? I’m so happy that your feeling better.

Awesome that you are better than yesterday! Good luck

No the protocol here is to stay two nights as standard. Which suits me as I was in no shape to go anywhere this morning.

Still cant believe how much better I am today. Gas pain is no joke. Also had a litte gas out the back end which is also kind of a victory.. tmi I know but there yah go. :)

13 minutes ago, irish_sleever said:

No the protocol here is to stay two nights as standard. Which suits me as I was in no shape to go anywhere this morning.

Still cant believe how much better I am today. Gas pain is no joke. Also had a litte gas out the back end which is also kind of a victory.. tmi I know but there yah go. :)

One step at a time... literally. Keep walking and use ice packs to help with the swelling. Congrats to you!! I already feel that everything I had to do to get here was worth it. I am 4 days post op and feeling better each day.

2 weeks away from my surgery! Starting liquid preop diet today :)

I'm 11 days away! Start my liquids on Tuesday! I'm so excited! I've spent a goodly amount of time looking at the post op forum before and afters, getting psyched up!!

Proud of all who have gone before!!!

Keep on top of the liquids! I’m 5 days liquid still have 10 to go. Day 3 I got fuzzy and confused called the doctor I was behind on the shakes and Water they said it was dehydration. Got busy at work and didn’t think about it. Good luck!

Struggling with the liquid diet today. I ate an ounce of cheddar cheese and feel terrible about it! 3 more days until surgery.