Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

45 minutes ago, imsarah18 said:

My surgery is scheduled for December 6th!! Nervous for the beginning but excited to start my future. Grateful to have found this forum. A lot of great information.

Dec. 6th for me too!!

So, I am on day 5 of the liquids only and it's going pretty good. My best friend, this woman is truly my person, is doing a version of the liquid diet with me because she didn't want me to feel like I was alone. She completed the first 4 days liquid only, but I talked her into having at least one low carb/high Protein meal a day because, first of all she doesn't need to lose a pound and second of all I was worried that the medicine that she takes would make her sick. I BEGGED and PLEADED and she FINALLY agreed. My husband prepped for this phase for me by going to the grocery store and purchasing plenty of said liquids, Jello, pudding, etc. He has put in his time to take a week off from work, which is a blessing. I prepped myself over the course of the last 4 months by doing several (and I do mean several) liquid diets for various lengths of time. I fast periodically anyway, but I wanted to condition my body for this. It's a big difference between liquids only for 1 week and liquids only for 4 weeks.

From all of my prior liquids only diets and fasts, I knew that Day 1 and Day 2 would be HARD for me. The kind of hard where you contemplate cheating. I expected it, so, to combat it I emptied my usual carry bag which usually contains protein chips, a Protein Bar, a protein Water, and a Protein Shake, I took the chips and the bar out and doubled the protein shake and protein water. I still carry my usual thermos of water. I wanted to make sure I have enough liquids on me to last while I am out running errands, etc. so that when hunger hits, I won't go nuts. I knew the end of Day 3 would find me in bed early finishing off the end of my battling through constant headaches.

So, Day 5-10 should be decent. I am sure I will have the occasional headache and battles with feeling weak. I have NO idea what awaits after Day 10, as I've only gone ten days. Fingers crossed! It gets tough, but we can do this!! I am just focused on the journey and enjoying seeing the pounds continue to come off. How is it coming for everyone else?

VSG- 12/6

I am new to this forum. I am a teacher, so I scheduled my sleeve surgery during our 2 week Christmas break. My surgery date is December 26th...the day after Christmas! I’m both excited and nervous. It’s exactly ONE MONTH away!!! I’m excited to have found this forum, so we can encourage and support one another on this journey![emoji177][emoji4]
Hi...I have the same date! I tried messaging you but it didn't go through. Figured it would be nice to chat with someone who is doing it the same day. I'm glad that there are so many people though having it done in December though. We can all help each other through [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is on the 20th. I’m stating my liquid diet on 5th. I would love to connect with any also starting their two week all liquid diet on the same day. Let’s support each other. I know the first couple days will be rough.

I’m only on the second day of my liquid diet and it’s rough. I can only have the shakes, one Soup and 2 cups of raw veggies. My 2 yr old son is a picky eater so I’m making him 3 different meals hoping he’ll eat one and having my family tell me this is dumb and I shouldn’t do it. I’ve come so far 😒 I’m usually really good at being my own cheerleader but today is really rough.

Hugs to you @kjuno. Those first two days are the worst, but it gets a little easier. I am sorry you are having a rough day and I am sorry that those around you aren't being as supportive as you need. That's not helpful. I only told a handful full of people, literally, no more than 5. I didn't want the foolishness. Let's both continue to take it one day at a time and pretty soon we will look back with thankfulness. Take it moment by moment.

I’m on day 5 of my liquid diet and I called the dr because I’m really not liking all the shakes, it’s too much liquid! They said i can have one mean of lean Protein and green vegetables.
Today I had my second meal (yesterday was my first) and have my first headache!! Now I’m thinking maybe I need to go back to no food, but I’m not a fan of the shakes and 5-6 of them a day was WAY too much!!! I was chugging them so fast because i don’t like the taste/texture.
Oh boy. Almost there... that’s what i keep telling myself, almost there.

1 minute ago, LZN2512 said:

I’m on day 5 of my liquid diet and I called the dr because I’m really not liking all the shakes, it’s too much liquid! They said i can have one mean of lean Protein and green vegetables.
Today I had my second meal (yesterday was my first) and have my first headache!! Now I’m thinking maybe I need to go back to no food, but I’m not a fan of the shakes and 5-6 of them a day was WAY too much!!! I was chugging them so fast because i don’t like the taste/texture.
Oh boy. Almost there... that’s what i keep telling myself, almost there.

I was there this morning. I was literally about to puke drinking a Protein smoothie. Literally. I had to regroup before I finished it. I have been going between savory and sweet, but good grief... I understand. I am not allowed any food at all. So, I am definitely with you.. almost there.

Day 6 of my 10 day pre-op diet. 4 more full days of liquid before I go NPO at midnight the night before surgery! Liquid has been a real challenge for me in the evenings. Coming home from work and smelling the dinner my wife has prepared is really hard. (I have 4 kids, there really isn't an option not to have smells in the house) Not much longer! This will be totally worth it.

Awesome! You got this!

On 11/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Sooner??? So exciting!!!! You can still be a December goddess/god!!

I did it!!!!

A little pain , but I'm home! Going to take a nap now, but I'll let you all know about my experience.

Happy and relieved 😊

I am on the end of day 4 out of 15 of my liquid diet. I have had headaches for the last 2 days. Sick of Protein Shakes too. Need to get some Jello and low sodium chicken broth. Sure hope this gets a little better:)

LZN2512 they told me to add Water to cut the sweetness. I was doing the same thing. I was just trying to chug it because I couldn’t stand how sweet they are but the water help a little. I started getting headaches too but I think mine is caffeine withdrawal.