Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Hi Folks,

I am scheduled for 12/5/2018 surgery date. My surgery and program are through Kaiser in Northern California, at the Richmond Medical Center.

In the midst of all of this, I am applying to PhD programs and searching for jobs. I'm thrilled for the next part of this journey.

SW: 308 / CW: 282.6 / GW: ???

On 11/12/2018 at 5:17 PM, azpagrrl said:

Docs office called me back and said there is no pre-op diet to follow per-se. She said they only require for higher BMI’s. 🤔 I guess that is good for me? I may just do the liquid thing for the weekend before. It seems odd that there isn’t some ‘flush’ needed before they remove 85% of your stomach?

Funny how every practice has such different protocols. I am a lower BMI patient (35 BMI) and I have to do a full 2 week liquid diet, which kind of sucks. I am not sure how I am going to do this and have the energy to work (and deal with all the crap in the office that we have around Christmas time). On the plus side, being a December sleever means I'll be one of the few people I know that will be losing weight this Christmas season. That'll be a first for me!!

Welcome, Hokie! I am in the midst of my MPH program and an extremely robust work schedule. I picked December because classes will be out! I feel ya!

Steve - I also have to do 8 days of liquid prior to my sleeving. I start liquids on 12/3 and get sleeved on the 12th. For fun, last year, I did the liquid diet, just to see. It really wasn't that bad, except I REALLY wanted to CHEW something!

I’m new here - my surgery date is December 17, 2018. It will be revision surgery - band to sleeve all on the same day.

Oh man! Pre-Op is tomorrow! Have a full day of blood work, upper GI, classes and more!

*excited*

Anyone else starting pre op diet this week? I just picked up my stuff for my shakes— only allowed liquids for 2 weeks!!! Then surgery! This should be interesting... 😬. I’m starting Friday!

Just did my UGI X-ray and bloodwork yesterday. Surgery is dec 7.

40 minutes ago, LZN2512 said:

Anyone else starting pre op diet this week? I just picked up my stuff for my shakes— only allowed liquids for 2 weeks!!! Then surgery! This should be interesting... 😬. I’m starting Friday!

Yep! I start my liquid diet saturday, surgery is december 4th

I am so happy for you! My surgery isn’t until December 13th and they said 1 week of liquids.
Thankfully but I am having my EGD November 26th and pre op

One week from today I will be out of surgery and on to the next chapter!! So excited that sleeping is getting tough 😊

Image result for excited meme

On 11/18/2018 at 3:49 PM, Cm3540 said:

I’m new here - my surgery date is December 17, 2018. It will be revision surgery - band to sleeve all on the same day.

I’m new here also, and just got a date for Dec 12 as well as the OP. Like Cm3540 I am having a revision from band to sleeve as well. I look forward to meeting and chatting with some of you online. :)

I am scheduled for Dec. 10. I was required 1 weigh in.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:51 AM, LZN2512 said:

I start mine Friday. My surgery is Dec. 6th.