Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 Months Out and Gaining Weight

Hello Peeps,

I have not been on here in a long time mostly because I got burned out, nothing in particular drove me away but I just took some time off. I am 13 months out and had lost 110 pounds but I have since put about 15 pounds back on. I had lost that 110 pounds in about 7-8 months post surgery, then I stalled and did not lose any weight for about 2-3 months and have since started to gain. I dont feel like going into all the details about what I have been eating and what my exercise routine is and all that stuff. I simply want everyone to know that you can in fact gain weight after getting the gastric sleeve if you are not careful and you do not follow the diet guidelines given to you by your WLS team.

Walter, jump on it now. And get er done! It would be a few short weeks of relative misery losing 15 pounds compaired to 7-8 months for more!!! Welcome back!

Hey, Walter! We missed you!

Sorry to hear you're struggling, but we have faith that you can get it back under control. Thanks for being a word of caution to the rest of us! ((hug))

Walter, First I applaud you for your self courage to recognize you lost steps with your WLS team and the steps they gave you to lose the weight. I too stand where you are but further down the path. I am 3 years out lost 132 and have put back on almost 60! PLEASE, PLEASE listen to FLUFFYChix advice and start back on your path to doing what you know is RIGHT! You can do it! I am currently in the process of doing it too and a few weeks into reconnecting with MYSELF I can say its going well! The first few days SUCKED but you know what, I rather a few days of GROUCHY ME than 3-4 more lbs!!! My only add of advice is call your WLS team (yes I know that one is a obscenely bitter dose of reality to swallow to do, but DO IT FOR YOU!) get back in there let them help you figure it out and most importantly I found out you need get hooked back up with someone for some weight loss psychotherapy! ADDRESSING what is going on mentally will greatly help you in all sides of life not just losing the weight! Hugs my fellow sleever! You CAN DO THIS, you can overcome the small bump in the road!

Edited by ChunkyChicTrying

I am also 13 months out and have gained back 5 lbs! I'm petrified! I saw my doctor today and he suggested that I see a nutritionist and stay away from carbs as much as possible! Plus gave me a prescription to help aid me in reducing my appetite. I'm soooo drawn to eating lately! I don't know why all of a sudden I got the constant yearning to eat again? I'm not overeating though I still only have a little bite of something, but I have too many little bites in one day! lol

Reset Diet. I haven't tired it but I think it's an all liquid diet that sets your stomach back to a smaller size

@tnks2hp
I can relate 100 percent.
I have been craving bread, Bagels, rolls, donuts, Cookies and all kinds of other weird shit. I was not eating large portions just many small portions of bad items throughout the day.

Sleeve Reset diet can easily be found via google. Too much to type here.
Essentially 2 days of clears
2 days of fulls
Then fulls and soft foods
You get the idea.

Walter, did I read somewhere else you are a fairly new father again? If so, congratulations and get back towards the right plan, you know you can get 'er done!😛🎃

Walter, did I read somewhere else you are a fairly new father again? If so, congratulations and get back towards the right plan, you know you can get 'er done!😛🎃

Walter thank you for the short version of the reset diet 🙂 I will try it!

I went to my appointment with my surgeon yesterday for my one year post op appointment and he said that at my current weight, I have far exceeded his expectations, and he showed me a bunch of numbers!

He said if I want to lose 10 more pounds, he can give me phentermine for a short time and referred me to a nutritionist. So I started the medication today! I exercise rigorously so I know it's that I'm eating more than I should and stop eating anything bad for me. Sometimes I think my whole hunger is back. Then I start tripping and thinking the doctor didn't make my stomach small enough, because he hadn't made the pouch small enough for another patient and she wasn't losing much, even though she was following the program. So she got and endoscopy done at another surgeon's office and sure enough, the pouch is not that small at all! So she is having the surgery redone, but the bummer is that the metabolic change that causes the initial massive weight loss can not be redone. She is having to do a bypass now!

The doctor also said that carbs cause your blood sugar to spike and then you experience a crash which causes you to crave more carbs.

It was a very good visit overall. I felt much better than I did when I went in!