Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea after surgery...what is your experience?

When they found out I was a Buckeye they might have murderfied me . Oh well, they would have found out I bleed scarlet and gray. They would have prefered me to a chick from Alabama, how could they handle that Crimson Tide?

I did not have any nausea at all and I take pepsid twice a day now, of course I have not eaten anything harder then pudding or Jello either. My surgery date was 9/26

I saw my surgeon...he wasn't worried about me being nauseous at this point which was reassuring. I've eaten smaller amounts and a lot slower and if i get nauseous after certain foods (eggs) than i haven't tried them again. Had a nausea free day yesterday!!! One day at a time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 09/30/2018 at 16:32, MissPoodle said:

I'm nearly 2 weeks post op. Am having nausea at times that is very unpleasant and there has been no change to what I'm eating. Is this still normal? What are other's experiences with nausea? Does it settle? How long did it take? Or is this something we have to put up with?

I’m 2 weeks post op today and got smacked with a wave of nausea this evening. Was doing great with liquids all day and then it just hit me. Hoping some peppermint tea settles it. Feels yucky.

Yes. The nausea is ****. I've experienced it a few times since surgery. I was told that the alcohol that gets rid of the germs can help. But I haven't sourced this yet.

Sent from my SM-G955F using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes. The nausea is ****. I've experienced it a few times since surgery. I was told that the alcohol that gets rid of the germs can help. But I haven't sourced this yet.

By the way, smelling the alcohol... Not drinking it 🤣

Still not totally nausea green 6 weeks today.

well I guess I could be nausea green but I was trying to state "Nausea Free"

I'm 6 days out and I have nausea off and on especially after eating. I got really nauseous after my first big walk. I took my grandaughter out for a stroll and I guess I pushed it, got home and was feeling nauseous and lightheaded, and pain flared up around the umbilical site. I had to lay down for an hour and when I got up I was still feeling sick. ughh

I too am very nausea all the time had gastric bypass oct 2nd then a wk later got thrush and that med screwed with my nose so I have an awful smell in my nose did anyone ever have that? Actually have an ent appt Friday just the smell is not making me eat just curious if anyone had this problem as well or maybe is there other factors? thanks

hi again. Thought I was doing better, strained veggie Soup, creamed st rained Soups, half and Protein Shakes, early afternoon here, had sensation I was interpeting as hunger, made thin maltomeal Cereal with a little low-fat 1% milk stirred in A,mistake, 2t notice not T but t, and and I'm upchucking again. 6 weeks 1 day out and this set in at least a month, maybe 5 weeks ago. I'm crying💦how could something so beautiful be gone so sour? A week from tomorrow Dr Noria is scheduled to a repeat EGJ, can I limp along to then? Should I at least check in with a nurse Practioner in Columbus? My,local community hospital, I guess if I got dehyrated enough they know to hang a bag of Fluid, but they don't know much about Bariatrics and rny bypass, it would be like a peacock parachutin into a flock of chickens "What. do WE do with YOU?". I guess I was foolish to think Precious Pouch could handle such a foodstuff, but my Surgery Twin sleevers and bypassers, they are starting on soft,food by now.
I'm a nice person, should I be punished?

sitting sipping some warm Yogi herbal tea, wondering if I will ever get fixed so I can grow healthier. I'm impatient, one of my failings.

And now it is Mid- December, stiil nauseous at times, PICC line in upper left arm, TPN running, won't be finished until sometime Sunday morning. And isn't life just exceedingly lovely at this time!!! Happy December to Everybody!!👈👼👉

And now it is Mid- December, stiil nauseous at times, PICC line in upper left arm, TPN running, won't be finished until sometime Sunday morning. And isn't life just exceedingly lovely at this time!!! Happy December to Everybody!![emoji118][emoji72][emoji117]
What happened??? A picc line and TPN???

Oh my @ Miss Poodle, quite a backstory here. You probably saw from the thread I started September 2018 Surgeries and Success my post-RnY- road has been twisted and rocky not the smooth highway I had planned. After I was diagnosed in October with A stomal stricture and multiple ulcerstions. I started complaining less than a fortnight in, but I was just a stupid fat patient, They Knew it ALL and I knew nothing! Maybe I don't have fancy diplomas and degrees, but I have lived in this body Many Many. Years, I can TELL. some things aren't right. And I can into this surgery with a DX of gastritis and one ulcer per my gastroenterologist. In hindsight, an alarm bell🔔should have gone off in someone's head, but NO--- THEIR MAGIC SURGERY WOULD CURE EVERYTHING in my previous life. And a BIG HA HA THERE!
Okay they started me on Carafate, to sooth my ulcers into submission. By this time I had 5 evil little critters, 2 in the pouch, 3 on the back wall of the jejunem. And these were the type that could bleed or perforate. I have followed Dr Noria's instuctions, deleated and diminished foods so I was back to a basic bland liquid duet, started taking Carafate, keep on Zofran and all the Vitamins and minerals, every 2 weeks or so I am back getting scoped. 12th October, 26th October, 9th November and finally 28th November. Although the way one of the instructions was to not smoke, no problem, never did, neither did my son, we don't even allow it my home as I am also asthmatic. But I am not allowed to be in the presence of an active smoker or someone with the residue on their clothing.
So I went in late November, would have been sooner but Dr Noria took herself a Thanksgiving holiday and that delayed things. Well I have had 7 endoscopies lifetime do I could write a textbook on the sequence of things, the Endoscopy staff recognizes and calls me by name, that sort of thing. Dr Noria must have suspected something because this time I was positioned in a different matter. I asked for enough sedation that I would be asleep, they did mess up once and leave me totally awake, see ginger-tops like me require a different level of sedation, but that's not pertinent now. When I woke back up in recovery,usually I am just in a holding area temporarily, something is up. Nurse says " Doctor wants to talk with You" ought oh this MIGHT NOT be good! Dr Noria came in along with Dr Steven Stinson, who I had net in the main office and developed a rapport with, he had not even been there when they did the endoscopy. Either he had been wandering around aimlessly on the surgical floor or she asked him to accompany her. I suspect the latter, I have never seen anyone there who had the luxury of wandering aimlessly. Well not only did Precious Pouch still remain red, angry and swollen but my intestinal well was continuing to ulcerate and it showed signs of continuing to move down toward the third segment. Not good at all! Then I was told I would be admitted. as soon as a room on the 10th floor, the same floor where I recovered from my RnY. The Endoscopy suite was on Floor 2. And I had a beautiful big one, 1006, I think it might once have been a double, at the opposite end was a futon couch and a couple tilt back chairs so my son could stay with me. Still had my IV in, only thing I was taking orally was a part of my meds and a Protein enhanced Water drink,in peach mango. On Thursday the 29th Dr Noria told me I was unable to take orally enough protein to heal, I would require 90-120 grams daily and on the diet I had it just wasn't going to happen, so that afternoon I would be having a PICC LINE installed late in the afternoon. Scary Larry proposition but I had come too far to quit now. Was scared first I would have a port in my subclavian on my upper chest wall, but no , it is kind of interesting, it was introduced into my left basilic vein, went up into ever increasing sizes of veins until it rests in my superior Vena Cava a scant distance of several cm from my ❤, just above my Atrium. And the Cath is 48 cm,in length. They let the site rest for about 18 hours but then started my TPN feedings on Saturday, at first 24 hours and cycled 12 on, 12 0ff. and when I went home on 5th December, I have a battery powered pump which fits in a medium sized black backpack, fed 14 hours, free of it for only 10 hours usually during the daylight hours. And I am worried I am developing food indifference, anorexia, something in that neighborhood. If I manage to get it down it means no more to me than a 💊, just something to keep me living. Someone told try eating something that appeals , nothing does, and these before and after diets sillykitty, Green Tealael, Fluffy Chix keep posting pictures of, I just scroll by, they disgust me!
My son brought me some cereal with milk, 2 spoons and I'm not sure it will stay down. He is trying so hard to please me, I'm ashamed I'm so broken.😪😭💦