Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Part Two Dr. Kirshenbaum

Threedogpeople: Yes, I'm Nancy! Sorry it took me so long to respond. The holidays and all that. I'm feeling a lot better now, although I'm having some midback pain on the left side at about the level of the band. How's your husband? My husband says hi!

Hope everyone had a happy holiday.

Hi, Nancy, Having your hubby to talk with in the lobby made the day go much faster. Tell him thanks for me. I sent you'all an email with a poem I promised him for the girls. Did you get it?

If not, let me know since sometimes things can get filtered out as spam.

How are you feeling now? Better I hope. Mark is on the straight and narrow to recovery. He's been very compliant (down 26 lbs as of 3 days ago) but has had some trouble with nausea and Constipation both of which were solved with medications. He moved to mushies yesterday - really enjoying an avocado. My Mom also made him some "soup" by mixing Tomato juice and chicken broth. That was a hit too.

Judy

Hi all,

Just wanted to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Just think, this year, our resolutions to lose weight... will happen!!!!

Hugs,

Tina

Just popping in to say.......

Happy New Year!!!

May 2008 bring us all many blessings, peace, good health and a great weight loss........

Hi, Nancy, Having your hubby to talk with in the lobby made the day go much faster. Tell him thanks for me. I sent you'all an email with a poem I promised him for the girls. Did you get it?

Hi, Judy, I passed along your message to my husband. I think he's going to e-mail you so you can e-mail the poem to him. That's really nice of you! It must have gotten jammed up in the spamblocker.

It sounds like Mark is doing great! I've lost 10 pounds myself, which I'm happy with because I tend to lose at a snail's pace and 10 lbs. in two weeks works for me! B)

Thought I would drop a note here. Dang, pretty soon we will need a page three for Dr. K.

Wishing you all an awesome New year.

Be strong and happy journey!

For those who will fly in for surgery in winter, go a few days early and take in the sights. We went to the Manitou Springs area. Being from NC, we rarely ever get snow (except for the ski areas in the NC mtns) so we enjoyed the snow. Here are a few pictures. It was lovely.

GardenofGods.JPG

pikespeak.JPG

Definetly go skiing... Your fill should not affect your life with the exception of only eating FULL Fluids for the remainder of fill day. Keep up your protien with shakes and you should be fine.

Hey Tarheel..... Great pictures, thanks for posting... Isn't Colorado a beautiful State?

Livingthedream..... Happy snowboarding.... There should be good snow in the hills on the slopes for you....

Hey everyone!

I am glad that everyone is continuing to plug along...I am happy for our new bandsters and those with upcoming surgery dates!

Lap ~ you are looking wonderful!! How have you been feeling since your last fill? when do you head to Colorado again? How is the journey into grandmahood coming?

Tar ~ excellent pics! It always cracks me up when I, a CO resident, never go and see these awesome places, but our out of town buddies do...gawd, what is wrong with that picture??

Mal ~ I haven't had the chance to make you laugh lately..! I have missed dialogue with you and hope all is well.... I have read that you are pretty consistent at going to the gym...any advice to get me off my scared little, allergic to exercise, a**?? :nervous

Tina ~ how are the kids doing?

Dee ~ are you getting excited???:whoo:

Shelbi, Brandi, Living, threedog, munchkin, nicnak and the rest of the gang...how are you all doing in your journey?

My lapband journey has been steady. I went in for my second fill in November. Dr. K asked me to explain how I was doing, and then he told me he thought I was ok without a fill...well, the goof I am asked for a teeny weeny one anyway and got .5cc...omg...I have been having to direct everything that goes in my mouth around not getting stuck..my bad. Although, sometimes I wonder if I were able to eat anything, if I would be an out of control freight train. I don't plan, yet, on getting a slight unfill because of the drive, but I have NO plans to get a fill for a long time...maybe forever!! liquids, mushies, soft veggies, pounded to death and simmered beef and pork, oatmeal and some other softies go down great...chicken gets me EVERY time...you'd a thunk by now I would stop trying!

I have found a very strange thing, though. I was never much of a sugar eating person, but am more drawn to sugar since being banded...what's up with that???? and, I was a bread-a-holic, and have NO desire to touch the stuff. If anyone has ideas, let me know!

I have dabbled in working out at the gym. I'll tell ya, I am grossly out of shape, and do take it easy there. I need cardio, and have been very proud of fast walking the treadmill for even 20 minutes. I do need encouragement to go though...a very strange mental block for me, and I don't know why!

THe weight keeps trickling off...my biggest foe is empty, liquid calories. Ok, I will admit, and have before, that I love a good microbrew...and they have no problem going down...go figure. I have been tempted for weeks to add Protein powder and call it a balanced meal! :heh:

I LOVE my band, now 3 1/2 months out, it needs me to work with it. I am giving it my best shot and can't wait to actually wear shorts this summer....I think the world might fall off it's axis if I wear them outside, so, come May or so, if you feel a thud, it's me!!!:bounce:

Kelly,

Holy crap 37 pounds now?? congrats. I feel the same about the fill. Can't eat much without getting stuck, but lately I've been addicted the the South Beach frozen dinners, they taste great and have huge Protein.< /p>

Hi Girls~

Well I am down 25 pounds!!! Which is huge for me. I am sooooooo close to onederland. I am hoping by next week!!!

I had my fill today and other than being a little sore, so far so good. I ate a small piece of pizza, and fluids and everything has been fine...I got clearance to work out as well, so I will be hitting the gym very, very soon!

Everyone sounds like they are doing awesome! Keep it up!

Brandy

Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been around in awhile! It sounds like everyone is doing great with their weight loss! I have lost 19 pounds since surgery five weeks ago. I go for my first fill next week. It won't be soon enough- I can't eat as much as I used to, but I can still eat too much! But all in all, considering I still have a cast on my foot and haven't done much physically for over a month, I think I'm doing ok. I get my cast removed next week too, so hopefully I'll be able to use my treadmill again, and if not that, my spinning cycle. I want to join the Y but my husbands ex-wife works there, so I don't think that will be an option- I can't deal with seeing her all the time! I'm going to check out some other options, we get alot of discounts on gyms through the hospital I work for. All of them are across the river in Iowa mostly though. Excuses, excuses huh?

Other than that, I know now that I am not eating enough Protein, so I have to crack down on drinking my clear Isopure. (I HATE, HATE, HATE Protein shakes, they all smell like tube feeding that we give to patients to me...) My hair is starting to fall out already, and I don't have any hair to spare! It is very fine and thin to begin with, and I WAS trying to grow it out...wish me luck!

Thankfully, no more PB's since my first one. I can tell with one bite usually now which foods are not going to agree with me. I have problems with chicken also it seems.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Beautiful pics Tarheel!!

Hey Munchkin...glad the cast will be coming off! Man, my new gym is about 1/2 mile from my house...dammit, if it were across the river, I WOULD have an excuse! I am trying to enjoy exercising,...it is the first time in my life I have actually joined a gym. Funny thing, once I am there, I really love it. I get bored really, really easy and the treadmills have TVs :whoo: woo hoo...so, although I have only gone a few times so far, I plan to make it work and to be committed.

Have you ever looked on Buy Discount Vitamins, supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com ? they have tons of different Protein powders...I wonder if they all smell like tube feeding to you (yuk) ?? I gag on Isopure...funny how we all handle different things.

Two things I heard about hair loss (and there are a miriad of ideas)..Head and Shoulders Shampoo and taking a Biotin supplement. You may be already, but thought I'd share those two

Brandy

Keep us posted on your fill experience. He was so awesome with my two fills...amazing guy

wrkl8 ~ I don't know why it is that getting in and out of the shower and facing the mirror...doesn't look like I have lost anything...what's up with that????

The clothes getting bigger is awesome though!

Cheers everyone! Keep posting so we can keep Dr. K's legacy number 2 rolling!