Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

Soooo time has passed and much has happened. Updates required:

At the end of June i was evaluated by my Surgeon and found to need a conversion to RNY. My surgery was July 15th.

My BF (Bumble Bae) had begun relocating to another state but kept going back and forth to take care of me 😍 we've stayed in reasonable and near constant contact ever since.

Fast forward to end of August and I developed a stricture. I went to visit him before receiving the Dilatation. It was great.

Upon return i was scheduled for the procedure for Sept. 5th. He drove hours through the night to return and be there.

Apparently when coming out of my drug induced stupor caused by the procedure, he told me that I asked him repeatedly if he loved me, he said said yes (I dont remember any of this 😳)

He told me he wanted to wait until i was lucid to tell me fully how he feels. He said yes he does love me and this is the best relationship of his life. He doesn't want it to end. So this relationship has leveled up completely because I said it too.

**** just got real.

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

[emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348][emoji348]
At the end of June i was evaluated by my Surgeon and found to need a conversion to RNY. My surgery was July 15th.
My BF (Bumble Bae) had begun relocating to another state but kept going back and forth to take care of me [emoji7] we've stayed in reasonable and near constant contact ever since.
Fast forward to end of August and I developed a stricture. I went to visit him before receiving the Dilatation. It was great.
Upon return i was scheduled for the procedure for Sept. 5th. He drove hours through the night to return and be there.
Apparently when coming out of my drug induced stupor caused by the procedure, he told me that I asked him repeatedly if he loved me, he said said yes (I dont remember any of this [emoji15])
He told me he wanted to wait until i was lucid to tell me fully how he feels. He said yes he does love me and this is the best relationship of his life. He doesn't want it to end. So this relationship has leveled up completely because I said it too.
**** just got real.
[emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Congratulations!!! Getting real is REALLY good!![emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/7/2019 at 10:37 AM, GreenTealael said:

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

My BF (Bumble Bae) had begun relocating to another state but kept going back and forth to take care of me 😍 we've stayed in reasonable and near constant contact ever since.

Apparently when coming out of my drug induced stupor caused by the procedure, he told me that I asked him repeatedly if he loved me, he said said yes (I dont remember any of this 😳)

**** just got real.

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Real life Rom Com 😍

We are having opposite weeks! VacationBoo has apparently accidentally fallen deeply in love with me but is unwilling to abandon his unconventional relationship lifestyle (and also it’s totally impractical, we live on opposite sides of the world). So we had a fantastic couple of weeks of vacation but he is now leaving borderline heartbroken.

I’m... fine with this? I mean, he’s great and I like him LOADS, and it’s clear that the strength of his feeling for me has somewhat snuck up and walloped him, but that’s sometimes just how the chips fall.

Apart from that, his visit has had the usual diet and exercise repercussions and I lost the 7lbs that had crept up since I last saw him. I’ve also discovered that one of my favorite elements of dating is going to restaurants, tasting my date’s food, and giving him half of what I ordered. I don’t think I took this much delight in watching other people enjoy food before surgery.

56 minutes ago, sideeye said:

We are having opposite weeks! VacationBoo has apparently accidentally fallen deeply in love with me but is unwilling to abandon his unconventional relationship lifestyle (and also it’s totally impractical, we live on opposite sides of the world). So we had a fantastic couple of weeks of vacation but he is now leaving borderline heartbroken.

I’m... fine with this? I mean, he’s great and I like him LOADS, and it’s clear that the strength of his feeling for me has somewhat snuck up and walloped him, but that’s sometimes just how the chips fall.

Apart from that, his visit has had the usual diet and exercise repercussions and I lost the 7lbs that had crept up since I last saw him. I’ve also discovered that one of my favorite elements of dating is going to restaurants, tasting my date’s food, and giving him half of what I ordered. I don’t think I took this much delight in watching other people enjoy food before surgery.

Wow! I don't know how this would remedy itself... Will you continue to see him? Or abandon the relationship

On 9/7/2019 at 10:37 AM, GreenTealael said:

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

**** just got real.

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

whooohoo congrats to you and him i hope it becomes all you both desire in one another cheers

4 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Wow! I don't know how this would remedy itself... Will you continue to see him? Or abandon the relationship

Abandon. The reason he is blindsided by how much he likes me is because he omitted some things in prior conversations, and that’s a no-go with me. So while it was not an acrimonious break, I made it pretty damn clear that the romantic side of this would not continue. And too late he has registered what that means.

Eh, life.

9 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Abandon. The reason he is blindsided by how much he likes me is because he omitted some things in prior conversations, and that’s a no-go with me. So while it was not an acrimonious break, I made it pretty damn clear that the romantic side of this would not continue. And too late he has registered what that means.

Eh, life.

Oh I understand & I will also abandon a liar (even if by omission) in a split second.

Cest la vie... at least you broke into dating and are more comfortable now!

Yep, that was pretty much the diagnosis: lie by omission, and an omission that he should’ve damn well realized was a problem if he’d prioritized me the way I’d expect him to. Once you realize that someone isn’t prioritizing you in a relationship, it’s time to reassess, usually harshly.

But as you say, it was a reentry into dating and well worth the time. Onto the next conquest, hopefully more local this time!

1794102036_Collage2020-01-2414_50_28.thumb.jpg.9c6dce63593b8d3b9c1503ff3165838a.jpg

Life Updates:

It has been 1 full year since I met #Bumblebae and I believe were are calling it an anniversary VERY soon.

Now I don't usually care about stuff like that but I think he might. I hope no special dates/gifts are involved because i didn't plan ahead or get him anything. I may have to scramble to pull it off.

This relationship has been... surprising. We love each other in a realistic way and the emotional level seem mutual. I think it's something hard to find these days. He's seen me through many iterations and has embraced them all. During the brief period we had a lag/lull in the relationship I felt comfortable telling him my observations and we have really attempted to work on it together. I REALLY appreciate that type of matched effort.

We are not perfection personified by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a hyper, pushy, energetic east coast morning lark. He's a reserved, gloomy, analytical mid west night owl. Super divergent yet complementary. Over and over again, we are dedicated to making this flourish under even the most arid conditions we may face.

I really really like this relationship. It feels... Good. I think I am off the market, permanently. 💚

lucky you. I feel like I will be ON the market permanently. i will have to try bumble again. I am on coffee Meets Bagel. I may try Hinge.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:10 PM, Chardonnay40 said:

lucky you. I feel like I will be ON the market permanently. i will have to try bumble again. I am on coffee Meets Bagel. I may try Hinge.

Any luck?

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

Updates: Plastic surgery adventures & Love in time of Corona

I decided to have plastics in Jan 2020 and K (#Bumblebae) came along for support. This went surprisingly well. Most likely because i didn't make him my main care giver and i recovered VERY quickly so it was low pressure. We are both enjoying my new body now but for the first 6 weeks post op i wasn't allow to do anything strenuous and we honored that rule completely. I now suddenly understand how easy it can be to forget certain parts of a relationship when you are busy, stressed or unwell. NEVER letting that happen EVER again.

Fast forward to March... SARS-COV 2. The world was basically put in house arrest and with just cause.

I don't know how everyone else is managing with their partners but quarantine life has been challenging. You don't realize how social you are until you can't be anymore. All the fear and uncertainty swarming can be just as contagious as this nightmare virus.

After a super serious discussion about the mental toll all of this is taking on us individually, we agreed to step back from the bombardment of the news and focus inward again. I think we are going to enjoy this solitude after all.❤

I hope everyone else is staying safe and healthy

On 10/2/2018 at 10:10 PM, GreenTealael said:

Chose from a lot of offers a guy who was great, met for coffee so it was low pressure. Amazing conversation, had a ton in common, great chemistry, asked me on a second date (dinner) next night. I agreed, I'm super excited thinking this wasn't what I expected, not horrible like I imagined. By all counts an amazing first date. I get a text an hour later we exchange pleasantries about the date and each other then he drops the ax:

He has herpes.

Dating profile deleted.

F this, I'm not built for this new world. Take me back to the days of arranged marriages.

The WHO estimate that close to 67% of the world's population have oral herpes, or HSV-1, and that about 11% have genital herpes, or HSV-2. Chances are this guy's herpes is medically controlled and is safer than someone else who doesn't know they have it.