Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

38 minutes ago, Awa said:
46 minutes ago, paddyski said:

Hey All- so this weekend like many may have experienced was unrestriction--- I chickened out? So I bought a green pepper it is currently sitting in the fridge still.. I was so excited for this moment, but then I got scared, had things that had to get done worried it might not sit right and freaked... I am hoping to try some raw veggies and fruits this week, I think I have hyped it up too much in my head? How did everyone else do any successful foods?

I did want to say I did go to cheese cake factory on Sunday afternoon, they have a skinnylisous menu, it is wonderful, fish, chicken, Protein based flavorful options. I have the grilled steak medallions (since unrestricted this was a big deal not ground or shredded or pulsed etc) it came with asparagus and mushroom, I told them to skip the potatoes. But the whole meal was huge for 420 calories and a total of 45 Protein I believe. It made three meals for me, but there were so many options it didn't make me feel like I was sacrificing or scouring the menu for something healthy. it was great!

Also on a weight related note I am officially 60lbs gone 46 ish since surgery I am amazed, I can't believe something is working finally. I had been stuck in my PCOs and EDS world for so long with no success, I am just still shocked. I wake up each day feeling blessed and like I have a chance moving forward to be successful with this!

Hope you all have a great week!

Awesome on the weight loss! I’m 3 or more weeks behind you, but now I can’t wait to go to Cheesecake Factory :). I know what you mean about being scared to branch out. I’d love to nibble on some raw carrot or some nuts! Hopefully I’ll be out of “mushy phase” at the end of this week. I’m not sure what will be allowed, but right now my favorite meal is chili!

Chili is amazing, hated it prior to surgery love love love it now. soft foods has been great I get a lot of my Protein through fish, and ground beef, and turkey. So that I am grateful for, good luck!

31 minutes ago, Sealeafi said:

Oh man! I completely understand this! I’m so scared to try nuts, raw veggies and rice.. I hope to be a little more adventurous this week- I have been spending way too much time on YouTube and instagram finding what others at ay this point.. I still cannot eat chicken or eggs.. such a bummer for sure!

chicken is not too fond of me either, but I will tell you I kept trying in small quantities and recently had success with eating boarshead everroast chicken deli slices, it has literally been the only chicken I have been able to keep down. eggs have their moments, but turkey, seafood, and meat no problems. hopefully we can be adventurous together this week! I am addicted to the taste videos... no joke can't stop watching have learned a few things I think and working on my cooking skills. it used to be easier when I didn't care about the ingredients I was using, but I have found I am enjoying this new way of learning to cook and experimenting with flavors and textures. Little by little right!

2 hours ago, paddyski said:

Hey All- so this weekend like many may have experienced was unrestriction--- I chickened out? So I bought a green pepper it is currently sitting in the fridge still.. I was so excited for this moment, but then I got scared, had things that had to get done worried it might not sit right and freaked... I am hoping to try some raw veggies and fruits this week, I think I have hyped it up too much in my head? How did everyone else do any successful foods?

I did want to say I did go to cheese cake factory on Sunday afternoon, they have a skinnylisous menu, it is wonderful, fish, chicken, Protein based flavorful options. I have the grilled steak medallions (since unrestricted this was a big deal not ground or shredded or pulsed etc) it came with asparagus and mushroom, I told them to skip the potatoes. But the whole meal was huge for 420 calories and a total of 45 Protein I believe. It made three meals for me, but there were so many options it didn't make me feel like I was sacrificing or scouring the menu for something healthy. it was great!

Also on a weight related note I am officially 60lbs gone 46 ish since surgery I am amazed, I can't believe something is working finally. I had been stuck in my PCOs and EDS world for so long with no success, I am just still shocked. I wake up each day feeling blessed and like I have a chance moving forward to be successful with this!

Hope you all have a great week!

If you were able to handle steak, I think you will be just fine! My surgeon told me to save steak for last because it's often the most difficult to process. He recommends waiting until month 3, at least. If you didn't have any problems with that, I bet you'll do great with bell pepper!

My soft food phase ended this weekend, as well. My new items were some grilled chicken and a low-carb tortilla. Both settled with no problem at all! I am going to be making some salad tonight and don't expect any problems. Every body is completely different. Some people have lots of problems post-op with sleeve tolerance and some have none. You won't know until you try but I'd bet you'll be fine!

If you were able to handle steak, I think you will be just fine! My surgeon told me to save steak for last because it's often the most difficult to process. He recommends waiting until month 3, at least. If you didn't have any problems with that, I bet you'll do great with bell pepper!
My soft food phase ended this weekend, as well. My new items were some grilled chicken and a low-carb tortilla. Both settled with no problem at all! I am going to be making some salad tonight and don't expect any problems. Every body is completely different. Some people have lots of problems post-op with sleeve tolerance and some have none. You won't know until you try but I'd bet you'll be fine!
I can't not wait until I can have a salad. I've been craving one since the preop liquid diet phase!!!

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

4 hours ago, paddyski said:

that looks great! lol may have to look into these!! Thanks for the share!

The popcorner chips were available at my local Shoprite - woohoo! Best share ever, they are freaking delicious!

Hi all.
I created a Facebook page for us if anyone would like to join it.. I feel like so much seems to get lost in this page. I’m hoping we can stay in contact for a long time and plan that trip to the amusement park in a year!

Please click the link below to join it!

https://m.facebook.com/vsg2018

2 hours ago, Sealeafi said:

Hi all.
I created a Facebook page for us if anyone would like to join it.. I feel like so much seems to get lost in this page. I’m hoping we can stay in contact for a long time and plan that trip to the amusement park in a year!

I think I just followed! lol such a fun idea!

Hi all.

Is the group private? I'd like to join but I don't like every one on fb knowing my business.

Oh man.. it looks like I made the wrong type of page... it’s a business page.. I’ll work on it now!

If anyone else knows how to do this.. please take over.. I’m not sure how to invite you to the page now? I’m old!

What is the name of the page? I can ask to join.

Maybe if you comment on the post, I can add you that way?

Okay.. I made the page public for now.. I’ll “close” the group in a few days. But you can find it by typing: “November 2018 VSG”

NOT THE VSG’er page!! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

That’s the spirit, darlin’! It’s not a “fast” process per say... but look at the weekly loss vs. the daily loss!

How far out are you? How much have you lost lost Surgery?
I will be 7 weeks out on Wednesday and I am down around 20 pounds.
Not bad 🤷
I have successfully stayed away from the scale and will not be weighing until Friday!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app