Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

Are you guys on a PPI or something to help reduce acid for the first few months?
I was on a PPI for 8 weeks. I stopped abruptly when I ran out and 2 nights later had the worst heartburn of my life.
I never had heartburn before surgery
Feeling scared and discouraged that this may become an issue.
I didn't have someone tell me you should taper off those slowly so you don't get hyperacidity. So I will try that soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

On 01/27/2019 at 23:37, dreamingofasleeve said:

Are you guys on a PPI or something to help reduce acid for the first few months?
I was on a PPI for 8 weeks. I stopped abruptly when I ran out and 2 nights later had the worst heartburn of my life.
I never had heartburn before surgery [emoji20]
I didn't have someone tell me you should taper off those slowly so you don't get hyperacidity. So I will try that soon.

I am on Prilosec and my dr. Said I should take it for 2-3 more months. I too had awful heartburn, especially when I went to bed. I hope I’ll be able to start tapering off in a couple of months.

10 hours ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

I never had heartburn before surgery

I was given meds for 3 months, and my dr told me normal to have to take them until 6 months or longer like permanent, I will say I have been really lucky, Knock on wood, haven't taken mine for awhile now and no issues, but if you are having an issue I would say reach out and get that script again.

I was given meds for 3 months, and my dr told me normal to have to take them until 6 months or longer like permanent, I will say I have been really lucky, Knock on wood, haven't taken mine for awhile now and no issues, but if you are having an issue I would say reach out and get that script again.

Yeah I've had a few people tell me they needed them longer. I just hope this isn't a problem forever [emoji20]
I got the script refilled the next day. I couldn't handle the heartburn it was awful! If never experienced that before!

5 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

Yeah I've had a few people tell me they needed them longer. I just hope this isn't a problem forever
I got the script refilled the next day. I couldn't handle the heartburn it was awful! If never experienced that before!

I hope it goes away too, with all the changes I think that 3- 6 month is really a good time frame to find out, and yes heatburn and gerd and reflux is awful I agree... I will keep my finger crossed that as healing continues you will not have the HB!

I hope it goes away too, with all the changes I think that 3- 6 month is really a good time frame to find out, and yes heatburn and gerd and reflux is awful I agree... I will keep my finger crossed that as healing continues you will not have the HB!
Thank you [emoji171]

I had my 12 week post-op appointment this morning with my surgeon.. I'm down 40lbs since surgery and 80lbs since May (when I started the insurance-required medically-supervised diet)!! I know I'm losing a bit slower than some but he was very happy with my progress and so am I! It's not a race and I just have to remember that! Hope everyone else is still doing great!

On 1/28/2019 at 8:08 AM, paddyski said:

ugh this has me so stressed out i never had heartburn before surgery.

i hope this gets better cause it has me feeling very discouraged and second guessing my choice :(

31 minutes ago, CristinHope said:

I had my 12 week post-op appointment this morning with my surgeon.. I'm down 40lbs since surgery and 80lbs since May (when I started the insurance-required medically-supervised diet)!! I know I'm losing a bit slower than some but he was very happy with my progress and so am I! It's not a race and I just have to remember that! Hope everyone else is still doing great!

That is awesome!! you are doing a great job! I don't think you are losing too slow at all, I think even when I look at my numbers sometimes I am in shock it is easy to just look at the overall number that I have lost, but I do have to remember that a little was before surgery too. You are right in line with what they expect for you to lose. It is great to not look at it as a race. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

52 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

ugh this has me so stressed out i never had heartburn before surgery.

i hope this gets better cause it has me feeling very discouraged and second guessing my choice :(

Oh No, still not a big improvement with the meds? Anything that you notice might trigger it more than something else food or drink wise? I hope it starts to improve soon!

Hi Everyone- I hope everyone is doing well adjusting to our new ways of living, I am officially 70lbs down... without weighing myself so far this week... I have realized sometimes how when I look at myself I think I am the same as always... my husband was laughing the other day because I said something like I wonder if I will fit... we booked a trip to a famous mouses house and I was talking about a ride... anyways he looked at me and was like for real... and I was. That was when he told me that I should do a comparison... you can see that below... yes I am not wearing makeup lol but the difference in just a few months blew me away... I mean I feel the difference energy wise, I know I have been following my plan... just harder to see the big change when you see yourself everyday I guess. So I encourage everyone to do the same to Celebrate the hard work we have been doing! On that note how is everyone doing can you believe we are coming up on 3 months? I have learned I want a healthy relationship with food, it takes only a few moments to food prep or make great choices. I do think I have fallen in love with cooking and baking again. I like and take comfort in making and prepping my own food to know I am ok. I see changes in my family as I am cooking better choices as well. I am struggling a little with meeting my Proteins everyday... just falling short of 60 grams... trying to find better ways to boost through food items... any suggestions are welcomed. I also realize I am still not showing any signs of feeling hungry but do see that when I haven't eaten in awhile my energy will plummet significantly... so I try to eat something small every three hours.

thumbnail_IMG_3943.jpg

Has anyone struggling with increased depression / anxiety after surgery?
I have really been struggling I feel lost.
I don't take anything but my husband told me today it might be time to see a doctor about it.

14 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

Has anyone struggling with increased depression / anxiety after surgery?
I have really been struggling I feel lost.
I don't take anything but my husband told me today it might be time to see a doctor about it.

Dreaming- I am so sorry you are struggling, I have anxiety, but had it before, ( I have a child with a lot of needs and often in the hospital if I am completely honest) My dr. did have me come in after the procedure and did increase my meds... my anxiety had increased. I think it is good to talk to your dr. they can listen and help you in the right direction. This process is a BIG process in such a short time there are so many changes and it is easy to get lost. It sounds like you have a good husband who supports you and wants the best for you. hang in there!

Hi Everyone- I hope everyone is doing well adjusting to our new ways of living, I am officially 70lbs down... without weighing myself so far this week... I have realized sometimes how when I look at myself I think I am the same as always... my husband was laughing the other day because I said something like I wonder if I will fit... we booked a trip to a famous mouses house and I was talking about a ride... anyways he looked at me and was like for real... and I was. That was when he told me that I should do a comparison... you can see that below... yes I am not wearing makeup lol but the difference in just a few months blew me away... I mean I feel the difference energy wise, I know I have been following my plan... just harder to see the big change when you see yourself everyday I guess. So I encourage everyone to do the same to Celebrate the hard work we have been doing! On that note how is everyone doing can you believe we are coming up on 3 months? I have learned I want a healthy relationship with food, it takes only a few moments to food prep or make great choices. I do think I have fallen in love with cooking and baking again. I like and take comfort in making and prepping my own food to know I am ok. I see changes in my family as I am cooking better choices as well. I am struggling a little with meeting my Proteins everyday... just falling short of 60 grams... trying to find better ways to boost through food items... any suggestions are welcomed. I also realize I am still not showing any signs of feeling hungry but do see that when I haven't eaten in awhile my energy will plummet significantly... so I try to eat something small every three hours.
thumbnail_IMG_3943.thumb.jpg.b8adc540c0250ad3d00f0f6ad14cd86c.jpg
Wow! What a difference and you look sp much younger!

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

7 minutes ago, paddyski said:

Dreaming- I am so sorry you are struggling, I have anxiety, but had it before, ( I have a child with a lot of needs and often in the hospital if I am completely honest) My dr. did have me come in after the procedure and did increase my meds... my anxiety had increased. I think it is good to talk to your dr. they can listen and help you in the right direction. This process is a BIG process in such a short time there are so many changes and it is easy to get lost. It sounds like you have a good husband who supports you and wants the best for you. hang in there!

This is awful, i just feel sad and not like myself its weird.

I am on constant fear and worry this past week or so. Its not good and i am not sure what to do. I have always been afraid of taking meds for anxiety because i dont want to become dependent on them but it is getting bad. I have always had health anxiety and i knew it would be a struggle after surgery, but id hoped id be ok. :(

I am always concerned something is wrong with me and this reflux has me terrified i get stuck in these swirling thoughts and its consuming me. I was very nervous about reflux pre op and now i feel like my fears are coming true and its triggering me. It has been better with meds but i cant stop stressing about it.