Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

Just now, Miss_Kee said:

I really have been through it. Better days are coming. Im on the soft foods stage. My doctor is amazing. She calls every other day to check on me. One thing I didn’t mention was that when they did the biopsy that they found out I did have H.pylori. My doctor said she doesn’t want to treat it right now so I wonder if that’s causing some of the issues. I’m still taking the medicine they prescribe for heartburn and stuff and I’m doing over the counter Vitamins. My nutritionist gave me a list on what to take so I got those one. I think I answered all the questions if not let me know.

Ohh I really don’t have an appetite. Like the heartburn and throwing up and it’s like food is a turn off. eggs even make me sick. The only thing that I can some what tolerate is fish. I know I need to eat more but I’m literally tired of throwing up.

1 hour ago, Sealeafi said:

I do have issues with chicken and all types of lunch meat.. it’s super random, but manageable, too. I have lost a total of 53 pounds! 31 since surgery.

Congrats on the weight loss 🙌🏾🎊

How's everyone's weight loss going?
My 1 month post op was yesterday and I've lost 14 lbs
I am 5 weeks out and down 18 pounds. Kind of a slow loser but hey I'll take it! I am the lowest weight I have been in a very long time!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Miss_Kee, I too am tired of feeling nauseous and throwing up. It’s been 4 weeks since surgery, and I can barely eat. The smell of food, and sometimes the even mention of it makes me queasy. It’s like intense morning sickness. But when I have an empty stomach, the acid reflux is awful. I’m taking Prilosec and Zantac - that helps with that, but I can’t wait until I can enjoy food again!

48 minutes ago, Miss_Kee said:

Ohh I really don’t have an appetite. Like the heartburn and throwing up and it’s like food is a turn off. eggs even make me sick. The only thing that I can some what tolerate is fish. I know I need to eat more but I’m literally tired of throwing up.

You do have a great doctor! That is great and yes the h.pylori can be the cause of most of this but.... it sounds like you have a great starting point. You tolerate fish, and it is a great source of Protein. You should make sure you have premade fish available all the time, personally fish has been my go to in so many ways I eat it for Breakfast lunch and dinner sometimes. also winner you tolerate liquids no problem! That is wonderful and a super positive, so I would drink one Protein Shake a day and then I would have the fish source for you other protein at the moment and continue to heal. then increase when you are ready... I think maybe you just need a little more healing time remember your body has been through a lot and it comes with a lot of fluctuations of hormones and toxins and swelling and more so it just is better to do what you can!

36 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

I am 5 weeks out and down 18 pounds. Kind of a slow loser but hey I'll take it! I am the lowest weight I have been in a very long time!

Oh That is Awesome! That is not slow at all it is actually above target my doctor said 1st month they are happy with 12 to 15 lbs... you are already at 18!!!! that is fantastic! Congrats!

Oh That is Awesome! That is not slow at all it is actually above target my doctor said 1st month they are happy with 12 to 15 lbs... you are already at 18!!!! that is fantastic! Congrats!
Thank you! It feels slow haha. Especially cause some people drop weight like crazy! But I was a lower bmi so I was expecting not to loose as much as some! If I can stick around 10 pounds a month I'll be happy with that!

I heard about changes in hormones before I had the surgery. You guys, this is no friggin joke. I am so emotional!!! I cry at everything. Happy, sad.... Doesn't matter. I'm a blubbering fool! I'm only a month out. Please tell me this doesn't last.

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

I heard about changes in hormones before I had the surgery. You guys, this is no friggin joke. I am so emotional!!! I cry at everything. Happy, sad.... Doesn't matter. I'm a blubbering fool! I'm only a month out. Please tell me this doesn't last.

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

I understand. I find myself getting aggravated alot. I just step back breath and count to 10. It has helped.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Happy New year everyone! Hope everyone if feeling good! This will be a year of much change for all of us, and I am sure it will be great!

I hit 50 lbs gone over the weekend! My husband also had the surgery on 11/29 and he's down just over 60 lbs. It was a nice feeling knowing that my standing New Year's resolution is already is progress. :)

Congratulations to you both, very nice weight losses, but I'm sure it is the start of many happy postings from you both!😜👍

2 hours ago, rch1286 said:

I hit 50 lbs gone over the weekend! My husband also had the surgery on 11/29 and he's down just over 60 lbs. It was a nice feeling knowing that my standing New Year's resolution is already is progress. :)

Congrats!! WOW! Those are amazing numbers and I am sure it feels so great!

Stopping by to wish everyone a good weekend, hope everyone is doing well... I actually will hit the unrestricted phase this weekend... I am not worried like I am going to go back to old habits, but I am nervous/ excited about adding in fruits and veggies. Have a great weekend!