Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

8 hours ago, theresamtz said:

I was sleeved 11/29 and Im barely eating! Was able to drink a Protein Shake the other day, it’s not nausea or anything. I’m just NOT hungry and forcing myself to eat just makes me feel sick. I def need more Protein and calories. I’m on the puréed stage... can anyone in this stage give me an example of what you eat or ate during this time??

Since I was only eating 2 oz. at a time per my dr., I had whatever I thought would be good + my Protein. I (and my friend who was sleeved before me) became obsessed with premade mashed potatoes with butter, something I NEVER would have had while dieting. Also, mashed avocado, hummus, and Yoplait yogurt whips were all things I liked. I just made sure I drank my protein. I like the taste of Premier Protein shakes and now I drink Isopure Black Tea protein Water. When the portions are so small, it can be fun to have something you wouldn't usually eat, in my case, white carbs (the mashed potatoes).

5 hours ago, Puppycat said:

I found when I started eating more I started loosing weight twice as quick, if your not eating enough your body thinks your starving and hangs on to it. The first week and a half I drink even if I was hungry to get enough fluids but when I started eating when hungry and drinking anytime it crossed my mind even when not thirsty I lost way more this week,go figure right. As far as the don't drink before or after eating at least for now I'm drinking anytime I can and it doesn't seem to effect my eating seeing how after I eat I can only get a sip or two anyhow. Try eating more and see how it works.

Thanks for your insight! Perhaps I'll give it a shot. Eating more is definitely something I want to do, I just can't seem to find a way to do it while getting my liquid down - and in my case if I drink after eating, I do get sick. Today for example I only got down one ounce of tuna and still didn't meet my liquid goals - ended up at 46 oz liquid and 45 oz Protein at about 300 cals. I really want to get my calories up

On 12/13/2018 at 7:52 PM, Sealeafi said:
On 12/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, Miss_Kee said:

I’m miserable, somebody tells me this get easier. Anything I drink I get heartburn. I can’t get anything down. eggs makes me sick.on top of all that I have a cold from hell. Better days are coming right😢

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with a cold.. I completely understand! At 3 weeks post op I went to the ER with a 103 fever thinking I was having complications with my stomach.. turned out I actually had the flu. It does get better and you will get there! Lay low, stay hydrated and take it one day at a time! (( hugs ))

I've had the flu the last few days and have had a hard time keeping Water and Protein Drink down, but today am felling so much better. Those first three days were miserable and I almost went to the hospital just to get an IV. These kinds of normal life illness are much more complicated when you are only a month out from a body altering surgery. Hope everyone feels better soon!

I’m really considering going to the emergency room tomorrow morning. I’m miserable. I can’t even keep Water down nor have I been able to meet my Fluid intake. I wish I didn’t have this surgery now. I’m so defeated 😕

I’m really considering going to the emergency room tomorrow morning. I’m miserable. I can’t even keep Water down nor have I been able to meet my Fluid intake. I wish I didn’t have this surgery now. I’m so defeated [emoji53]
You poor thing. I am sorry you are struggling.
I would definitely go see what is going on. You should be able to keep fluids down and getting dehydrated will only make it worse.
Have you called your surgeon/office to let them know what is happening?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

You poor thing. I am sorry you are struggling.
I would definitely go see what is going on. You should be able to keep fluids down and getting dehydrated will only make it worse.
Have you called your surgeon/office to let them know what is happening?

I just called and waiting on a call back. I forgot to mention that my hands have this tingling feeling too and I don’t know why

I just called and waiting on a call back. I forgot to mention that my hands have this tingling feeling too and I don’t know why
I think you had surgery about the same time I did. 11/21
Have you been meeting fluid goals at all? has this been going on the whole time or just started?

7 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

I think you had surgery about the same time I did. 11/21
Have you been meeting fluid goals at all? has this been going on the whole time or just started?

I did had surgery on 11/21 and this week I haven’t. I don’t know if this is a cold or the flu but it’s really starting to take me down this week. I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow but my doctor wants me to come down there first thing in the morning.

I did had surgery on 11/21 and this week I haven’t. I don’t know if this is a cold or the flu but it’s really starting to take me down this week. I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow but my doctor wants me to come down there first thing in the morning.

Yeah that is not normal! I hope they can give you some answers I'm sorry!
Keep us updated! I hope it's just a fluke.

I was sleeved 29 mov it doesn't seem like I was sled I feel I am eating to much have only lost 9 lbs but my starting weight was low this week has to be better have been on a stall since week 1. Any suggestions

The dreaded stall ........10 days of no weight loss...........🙄🙄🙄 I knew it would happen (didn’t know it would last this long), but that sure doesn’t make it easy!

1 hour ago, JB29 said:

The dreaded stall ........10 days of no weight loss...........🙄🙄🙄 I knew it would happen (didn’t know it would last this long), but that sure doesn’t make it easy!

I was in a stall for almost 3 whole weeks. Then, it broke without me changing anything. Just keep doing what you're supposed to do, the stall will end!

On 12/16/2018 at 16:04, Miss_Kee said:

I’m really considering going to the emergency room tomorrow morning. I’m miserable. I can’t even keep Water down nor have I been able to meet my Fluid intake. I wish I didn’t have this surgery now. I’m so defeated 😕

How are you feeling? Have you made it to the doctor/ER, yet? Keep us posted, please!?!?

For those that cannot eat.. I’m definitely getting hungry now... it’s kinda scary!