Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

2 ways: pan “fry” it.. but with cooking spray or lemon juice.. and seasonings.. I also found crab meat at Trader Joe’s and will put some with it, too! Yum! ( the crab meat has lasted me for over a week.. a little goes a long way! )
I also put it in the air fryer with no oil.. it was good, just not as good as the pan.. lol

11 hours ago, Sealeafi said:

I have a weird pain in a similar location.. but it’s when I lay on it, and it just started this week- I’m 4 weeks out. It’s not terrible but it is annoying. Keep us updated from your appointment on Monday!

right, I really think it is healing pain, I have been sleeping on my back for the most part but your right if I lean and do different movements is when I feel it, and your right it is more of an annoying thing that a OMG is this an ER thing lol, I will keep you all posted about appointment on Monday.

I did make a salmon yesterday figured I would share as it was yummy:

Over all portion 1/5 fillet ends up being 285 calories

26 grams Protein, 9 carb, 7 sugar and 5 fat

took teaspoon of butter (really I used the lite butter and oil mix as it is lower in fats and salts)

teaspoon of garlic minced

warmed in a skillet for 1 minute

(seasoned filet of salmon with salt and pepper)

mixed lite and low sodium soy sauce 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon of natures own organic honey and 1 tablespoon of Water poured into skillet.

squeezed half a lemon into skillet and put in the salmon, cooked each side 4 minute, and then broiled on low for an additional 6 minute to brown.

was amazing, one day I will add veg to it but for now just split half the fillet into two portions and rocked my protein up to 75 grams with that so I was thrilled.

I had also tested previous ingredients minus the honey that was my new ingredient for the meal, but it worked out pretty well.

I know everyone is on different plans and at different stages.. but I was really looking for a better direction on my meal planning and found something that has helped get my head wrapped around this a little more, hope it can help someone else!

I googled: gastric sleeve what to eat week 5... and this came up as a pdf file:

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

I’m miserable, somebody tells me this get easier. Anything I drink I get heartburn. I can’t get anything down. eggs makes me sick.on top of all that I have a cold from hell. Better days are coming right😢

1 hour ago, Miss_Kee said:

I’m miserable, somebody tells me this get easier. Anything I drink I get heartburn. I can’t get anything down. eggs makes me sick.on top of all that I have a cold from hell. Better days are coming right😢

Did the Dr. give you anything for heartburn? Mine has me on Pepcid twice a day. I haven't had any issues with it and I've always had heartburn problems. I'm sorry you have a cold. :( What crappy timing. I pureed some chicken w/ mayo, celery salt, and pepper today. It went down pretty easy. Maybe something like that or tuna would be better than eggs?

On 12/13/2018 at 19:53, Miss_Kee said:

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with a cold.. I completely understand! At 3 weeks post op I went to the ER with a 103 fever thinking I was having complications with my stomach.. turned out I actually had the flu. It does get better and you will get there! Lay low, stay hydrated and take it one day at a time! (( hugs ))

Muscle pain 5 weeks out? anyone so past few days I have been doing a bit more, House work, etc, nothing really heavy lifting, but been a little more active outside of my walking daily. mid day I have been having some soreness? No pain when eating or drinking, it is more when moving right along the line of where all my incisions are mid line? Is it healing pain? It has also been really cold and I find myself trying to keep warm a little more? When I go to be and wake up no problems? I am seeing the dr. Monday but wanted to see what you all have to say? TIA

I have pretty bad pain close to one of my incisions. It doesn't hurt if I'm not moving, or stretching it feels fine. But damn sometimes when I use my abdominal muscles to get up, twist, or have something pushing on the area it hurts a lot!
I have my one month appointment Tuesday and will be asking about it but it's very annoying. It's only my left side close to one of my larger incisions. The rest of my incisions feel great!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Can anyone help me out I went on my portal from my doctors office and I notice in my results setting that it said partial gastrectomy wall with mild chronic inflammation. Anybody knows what that means? I’m trying not to freak out but I went on google 🤦🏽‍♀️ I have my 4 week appointment on Wednesday and the doctor stated that she’ll review this then on the portal. I swear I’m going to be a mess until Wednesday get here.

Can anyone help me out I went on my portal from my doctors office and I notice in my results setting that it said partial gastrectomy wall with mild chronic inflammation. Anybody knows what that means? I’m trying not to freak out but I went on google 🤦🏽‍♀️ I have my 4 week appointment on Wednesday and the doctor stated that she’ll review this then on the portal. I swear I’m going to be a mess until Wednesday get here.

I had an EGD before surgery and had mild inflammation at that time. I was negative for H. Pylori, but did have severe reflux prior to surgery. If you were negative for H. Pylori whatever they gave you to take after surgery ie prilosec, pepcid...should help with inflammation.

I am sorry you are having a tough go, try not to freak out? Did you have reflux and gerd before surgery? Reflux is very common after gastric sleeve for I believe the first 6 weeks to 3 months which is why most dr.'s prescribe a med for that to take after the sleeve. It could very well be that you found information in your portal relating to the condition of what was removed that they were able to see evidence of preexsisting gerd. I really think that if there was something to worry about they would have already called you they wouldn't have continued with the procedure etc. Try to relax and if too worried call the dr. and ask what it means.

PSA ALL... Don't take Vitamin on empty stomach lol why I did this today I do not know... but I threw up all over my daughters school as a result #MORTIFIED!! A trip to old navy and a Gatorade zero later and I am feeling much better!

On the plus side I brought an XL top and it fits and a little loose! lol Have a great weekend all!

Edited by paddyski

1 minute ago, paddyski said:

PSA ALL... Don't take Vitamin on empty stomach lol why I did this today I do not know... but I threw up all over my daughters school as a result #MORTIFIED!! A trip to old navy and a Gatorade zero later and I am feeling much better!

On the plus side I bout an XL top and it fits and a little loose! lol Have a great weekend all!

I made that same mistake last week!!! Learned a valuable lesson! Glad you're feeling better!

hey everyone just giving a update had my 1 month check up this week and was feeling pretty good about it was down almost 30 pounds since the surgery and thought dang im doing pretty good only to go in and talk to the dietitian and she telling me that if i dont start eating more im gonna be very malnutrition i was only eating about 500-600 Calories and less than 30g carbs and fats with well over 130g Protein . So she gives me a plan of getting in a minimum of 900 calories with 90+ Carbs and 40+Fats and im looking at her like you crazy? and she said for your build and your highth you need to get as close as possible to these totals. that was Tuesday i have got as close as 82 carbs and felt like i was gonna be sick all day from forcing my self to eat so i just dont know what to do about the whole eating thing but on the bright side i did sign up for the gym on Wednesday and have went the last 2 morning doing 1 hour on the treadmill both days so that felt good i get to start weight lifting next week. my highest weight i remember seeing was like 410 , i was 352 day of surgery a and as of this morning i am weighing in at 315. happy holidays to everyone