Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

Hi I am new to the forums. But just got approved for my sleeve on Nov 5th. Would love to join conversation with other November sleevers!
I just had mine on November 27th. What's your progress? How are you feeling and doing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes I agree me too and to wear my 4 inch heels again

Amen. I have such cute heels I want to wear.

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

I had mines on the 27th as well. How are you doing? How's it going for you?

I am doing ok.. at times I feel so hungry. I really am getting my Protein and Water in. My pain is not really bad and i feel like i am healing well . I think the worst part is i dont have very much energy and irrettiable. Hare you doing and feel?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am doing ok.. at times I feel so hungry. I really am getting my Protein and Water in. My pain is not really bad and i feel like i am healing well . I think the worst part is i dont have very much energy and irrettiable. Hare you doing and feel?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My pain is finally gone. I dont have much energy as well. Still feeling shaky so I'm not driving as much. I cant wait to get to puree foods next week so I can kick my energy into first gear.

Officially 1 month out today everything is going great i have started doing some light stretching and some light mobility exercises so when i get fully clear i can hit the gym running i have lost 29 pounds since the surgery and 73 since starting the journey i am able to eat fish this week or has the doc says anything that swims lol.....looking forward to chicken and pretty much everything next week besides steak and pork. i have been eating 3 times A day with the occasionally TBS of Peanut Butter if i have the extra fat left at the end of the day. how is everyone else doing?

Edited by KentuckySteve

Officially 1 month out today everything is going great i have started doing some light stretching and some light mobility exercises so when i get fully clear i can hit the gym running i have lost 29 pounds since the surgery and 73 since starting the journey i am able to eat fish this week or has the doc says anything that swims lol.....looking forward to chicken and pretty much everything next week besides steak and pork. i have been eating 3 times A day with the occasionally TBS of Peanut Butter if i have the extra fat left at the end of the day. how is everyone else doing?
29 lbs that is a lot!!! That is amazing.

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using BariatricPal mobile app

I'll be one month out tomorrow. I've lost about 35 lbs from the pre-op diet and being post-op. With that being said, I'm still struggling with getting enough Protein and liquids. I have really only been able to get half of my goals for each. I can barely stomach the Protein Shakes anymore and I've spent a small fortune of buying every brand. I was able to find a new yogurt by yoplait called YQ that has 15g of protein that I can finish. I've been able to eat small amounts of solid foods, but I get that really heavy feeling fairly quickly so I stop. I went for an IV yesterday since I know I haven't been able to drink as much and it helped a little bit. I still feel weak and very sluggish. I'm hoping things start to turn around soon.

I'll be one month out tomorrow. I've lost about 35 lbs from the pre-op diet and being post-op. With that being said, I'm still struggling with getting enough Protein and liquids. I have really only been able to get half of my goals for each. I can barely stomach the Protein Shakes anymore and I've spent a small fortune of buying every brand. I was able to find a new yogurt by yoplait called YQ that has 15g of Protein that I can finish. I've been able to eat small amounts of solid foods, but I get that really heavy feeling fairly quickly so I stop. I went for an IV yesterday since I know I haven't been able to drink as much and it helped a little bit. I still feel weak and very sluggish. I'm hoping things start to turn around soon.
Oikos triple zero yogurt also had 15g of protein. They have some good ones. I'm not hitting my goals either so I'm hoping it well help. The shakes make me sick too my stomach.

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, CristinHope said:

I start soft foods tomorrow (on my birthday!) and I legitimately asked to have the ricotta bake for my birthday dinner! I am looking so forward to no longer having to blend my meals. I also miss eggs and am excited about having that again. Baby steps, small bites, and chewing forever, of course! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy your Ricotta bake! I am going to make that this weekend I think but with beef in it as well. It is so nice not to blend and I am getting my Proteins in so much easier. Yes I agree chew chew chew lol

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, meljbolles said:

How many weeks post op until soft foods?

My plan was a little different as well, clear liquid two days, full liquids one week, puree 3 week and soft foods will be for 4 weeks then unrestricted by two months out but still want to introduce a new food everyday. you will get there each stage helps you to grow and heal.

3 hours ago, KentuckySteve said:

Sounds like you are doing amazing!! I know can you believe it has been a month, to Celebrate I am bringing home seafood lol I told my husband already to expect the crab! My 1st month total loss is coming in a 26.2 lbs with a total loss of 48lbs overall in a bit of a stall, but doing pretty well, I have a scrambled eg sometimes with some cheese for breakfast, Protein Shake when I get to work two hours later, and then for lunch I am usually doing a Soup of deli meat roll ups, dinner this past week was Bolognese sauce split into two portions to maximize Protein for the day. then drinking about 64 to 80 ounces of Water a day... this soft food phase feels so much more manageable, still no real appetite, I eat to get the protein but I am not searching out Snacks or anything which is awesome... I was able to put on a winter coat yesterday with a sweater and another shirt underneath and zip it up with room to spare this was a huge deal for me, one the coat was a xxl I have ben hanging out in 3 and 4 xl for a long time, and it was a coat my mother had bought for me two years ago, I never thought ever I would wear! so amazing. I am walking about a mile still everyday just waiting for that extra clearance to move a little more per doc and then I plan on getting up a little earlier to take advantage of the toddler still sleeping lol. Congrats on all your success already!

2 hours ago, rch1286 said:

I'll be one month out tomorrow. I've lost about 35 lbs from the pre-op diet and being post-op. With that being said, I'm still struggling with getting enough Protein and liquids. I have really only been able to get half of my goals for each. I can barely stomach the Protein Shakes anymore and I've spent a small fortune of buying every brand. I was able to find a new yogurt by yoplait called YQ that has 15g of Protein that I can finish. I've been able to eat small amounts of solid foods, but I get that really heavy feeling fairly quickly so I stop. I went for an IV yesterday since I know I haven't been able to drink as much and it helped a little bit. I still feel weak and very sluggish. I'm hoping things start to turn around soon.

hey there, it looks like you are trying to be proactive in caring for yourself so that is a pretty great starting point! So how much Water are you getting in a day, and what does it feel like? Have you tried Deli Turkey? low sodium, low fat has excellent source of protein I have found it pretty easy on the stomach. also what about sauce and ground turkey? I am thinking maybe the lighter side of meat may be easier on your tummy. Tomato Soup and in fairlife milk and eat a half a cup over a few portions. eggs scrambled and you do that for Snacks in between and you can make your Proteins pretty close to where you want to be. if something feels to have next meal try something completely different. Your yogurt had 15 gram of protein that is great, start your day with that and an egg and you have at least 22 grams of protein right there one meal. lunch turkey slices 4 thin and 2 slices of cheese low fat totals 23 proteins have that again for dinner and you have exceeded 60 grams of protein. hope that helps. and don't worry you got this! Happy one month!

Hey ladies! 7 days out.. the last two days were hell!!! Bother emotional and physical. Extremely nauseous, throwing up, stomach aches. Seems like I am only able to eat ice chips and some sips of Water and Powerade. Def not even going to try the Protein, just thinking about it makes me gag! I cannot smell any food now or look at it without wanting to puke! And every time I sip my water I feel these spasms in my tummy! EVERY TIME! Incision pain is okay now, only my main one still hurts and is a bit sore. But I can deal with that. I see my surgeon on the 10th for my 2 week follow up and I’m hoping to get some good news. Hope everyone is having a better day! This is all so insane, we made a life changing decision and it’s not easy. But we got this!

@Asd_lifes_a_journey me too!! How are doing?