Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

1 minute ago, Miss_Kee said:

Quick question has anyone experience back pain since having the surgery?

YES! Mine has just been for the past two days (surgery on 11/19). I thought maybe I was just over doing it- I came back to work one week post op (plus I've been to basketball games all week for my kids) . I"ve had some discomfort on the left side most of the week like normal, but Thursday it began to really hurt and it hurt in my back. My SIL (whose a doctor) said it was probably all muscle related ?? Today has been better, but yesterday was rough.

On 11/30/2018 at 15:33, JB29 said:

YES! Mine has just been for the past two days (surgery on 11/19). I thought maybe I was just over doing it- I came back to work one week post op (plus I've been to basketball games all week for my kids) . I"ve had some discomfort on the left side most of the week like normal, but Thursday it began to really hurt and it hurt in my back. My SIL (whose a doctor) said it was probably all muscle related ?? Today has been better, but yesterday was rough.

It feels like someone is sticking a million pins in mines. I took a pain killer last night and that did not seem to work. I hope this feeling goes away soon.

7 minutes ago, Miss_Kee said:

Quick question has anyone experience back pain since having the surgery?

Yes, I had a ton of back pain the first 5 days! I think some of it was gas-related, and a lot was muscle soreness/stiffness from being on the flat operating table and uncomfortable hospital beds! Either way it's no fun! I had the Tylenol with codeine and that helped me sleep at night.

Had surgery on 11/26. I can't tell if my stomach pains are from not drinking enough or from trying to drink too much at once. So frustrating. I'm weak and definitely not getting enough fluids or Protein. Tell me it gets easier. I have to return to school on Tuesday!

On 12/01/2018 at 10:57, jesseycakes said:

Had surgery on 11/26. I can't tell if my stomach pains are from not drinking enough or from trying to drink too much at once. So frustrating. I'm weak and definitely not getting enough fluids or Protein. Tell me it gets easier. I have to return to school on Tuesday!

See if you can get a few more days off. I was told by my nurse that the Anesthesia can cause us to feel really fatigued after surgery so maybe that’s where our tiredness is coming from.I have not had the back pain that you guys are experiencing but I have been extremely fatigued and I know I’m not getting my Fluid and Protein intake requirements...I’m struggling

So I'm 11 days post op and still feel the stomach cramping at times. Usually as I am waking up..probably dehydration..and then when I start my first shake in the morning, as that is all I can handle in the morning, I have to take it really slow as I will also experience stomach pain. Not the cramping but pain.

We were told on leaving to hospital to keep the main focus on hydration, then Protein. That being said, I haven't been able to get near the 5 or 6 cups of Water a day plus trying to get protein in as well. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to do that right now and I can only sip small amounts of anything at the moment.

Remember, your stomach isn't much bigger than a pencil at the very beginning so treat it ever so special!

But again, hydrate very slowly, maybe at room temperature rather than cold water and just work up as you can.

I still haven't hit my protein goals and I've stopper worrying. I just do what I can and make sure I'm doing my best to stay hydrated.

I will get easier!

Just an update. I had surgery Nov.16th. Had my 2 week follow up yesterday. I have lost 20lbs since surgery and 41lbs since I begin this journey. He also told me that the issue with the stomach pain when drinking liquids should go away in about 2 months. So I got a good check and go back in 30 days. How is all my other Nov, peeps doing? Love reading about every ones journey.

1 hour ago, jesseycakes said:

I don't know how you are going back so early. I couldn't do anything the first week. I was so weak and having lots of trouble taking in fluids and Protein, I was getting any. I passed out thanksgiving day. I learned to take it easy not to push it and rest when I needed to rest. The second week I started to feel better. Today is 2 weeks and one day. I'm still not up to my normal energy level but I feel so much better. It was very hard for me to drink liquids because of the discomfort and pain when it hit my stomach. My Dr told me yesterday that it should stop around 2 months. So yes it gets easier but don't push it. I think we should call the first two weeks HELL weeks. lol. I wish all the luck going back so early. Keep us updated.

2 hours ago, lulu06 said:

I don't know how you are going back so early. I couldn't do anything the first week. I was so weak and having lots of trouble taking in fluids and Protein, I was getting any.

I think I will skip Tuesday and go in on Thursday. I have a project due that day and the following week is Finals. Otherwise I wouldn't go at all! It is definitely hell week! I follow up with dr on Wed.

And proud things are going well for you! Jesseycakes YOU ARE A WINNER!

Hello. I had my surgery on the 29 November went home the next evening. Doing really well. I didn't have any gas like I thought I would. I have been able to get down 8 oz. Of Protein shakes and the Fluid is coming along. I have been doing chicken broth Water and popsicles. I have been peeing a lot. But over all I am feeling good. Good luck to the November sleeves on your journey

Hi ladies. Sleeved 11/29/2018. Currently dealing with the abdominal pain, mainly my right side where my stomach was removed! Nothing seems to help. Feeling weak already as my Water and Protein are low. Seems like every time I take a sip of my water I immediately burp. I don’t think it means I’m full. I’m chalking it up to gas still in my body. Also my throat hurts and I’ve had some mild coughing. That was due to them placing a breathing tube during surgery. But my anxiety is telling me it’s pneumonia.. help!