Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

What is wrong with me!

Had my surgery Nov,16th today is one week, I was never excited about it like everyone else. I was nervous and scared and I still feel that way. The pain of the surgery was not bad at all but the discomfort of drinking liquids is so frustrating. Every sip I take I have to wait 5 mins or more before I can take another because is hurts in my stomach. Thanksgiving I almost passed out from dehydration. I'm not sure what I excepted but not being able to drink when I'm thirsty is not on the list. I have tried thicker Soups like potatoe and cream of chicken and don't have the issue as bad. Now I'm thinking "was this the right thing for me to do. Maybe I should have been fat and happy seems better than the future of thin and miserable." Sorry just ranting and frustrated. Why can't I be happy about this like everyone else.

Even in the best intentioned and most desired surgeries there is a thread of OMG WTF did I just do to ME? Your body is starting it's healing but you're also suffering from a wounded spirit and your world🌏 has been rocked and is quaking on its foundations. THIS IS A SHOCK! Things do get better, says the woman with a 11 week stomal stricture, but TRULY THEY DO, reach out to your bariatric team, there are people there who can help. And come on here, we too had Gloomy Tuesdays, Why did I do This Wednesdays even F*** It Fridays, we've pulled up our bootstraps, gritted our teeth and made it through. Sometimes even bariatric consouling helps.

checking in to see how my 11/6 peeps r doing its been almost 3 weeks im down 24 pounds since the surgery and a total of 65 since June getting about 80-100 oz of Water in a day and about 90 grams of Protein in a day.. Still have no hunger feeling i just eat something when i figure i should, usually its a half a banana with some PB and maybe a couple spoons of re fried Beans later in the day its crazy how thats all I need now. cant wait to get these last 3 weeks of weight restrictions off so i can start playing with my 2 yea old and go to the gym for some workouts....i hope everyone had a good thanksgiving....

19 minutes ago, KentuckySteve said:

checking in to see how my 11/6 peeps r doing its been almost 3 weeks im down 24 pounds since the surgery and a total of 65 since June getting about 80-100 oz of Water in a day and about 90 grams of Protein in a day.. Still have no hunger feeling i just eat something when i figure i should, usually its a half a banana with some PB and maybe a couple spoons of re fried Beans later in the day its crazy how thats all I need now. cant wait to get these last 3 weeks of weight restrictions off so i can start playing with my 2 yea old and go to the gym for some workouts....i hope everyone had a good thanksgiving....

Hey @KentuckySteve Glad youre doing well. I was sleeved on 11/7 and just started my puree diet this Thursday. I'm curious how you're getting so much Protein in, I do a shake daily but I can seem to get enough from foods. Are you adding Protein Powder? I did buy an unflavored one to start mixing into foods but haven't started yet. Water isn't an issue at all but I cant seem to eat more than 2 to 3 ounces at a time and it limits my calories and protein.

4 minutes ago, TomCruzMomShoes said:

Hey @KentuckySteve Glad youre doing well. I was sleeved on 11/7 and just started my puree diet this Thursday. I'm curious how you're getting so much Protein in, I do a shake daily but I can seem to get enough from foods. Are you adding Protein Powder? I did buy an unflavored one to start mixing into foods but haven't started yet. Water isn't an issue at all but I cant seem to eat more than 2 to 3 ounces at a time and it limits my calories and Protein.

hey i am using the unflavored protein genpro and mix it with Water and a crystal light packet i drink 3 bottles of that a day. Anything i get from food right now is just a bonus for me. yeah i cant eat very much either just a coupe bites anf i feel like that is too much sometimes

Sounds as though it is working for you, wise dietician. reminded me on a "blue day" we each fight our own battles, blaze our own trails, each have sorrows but at the end we each achieve a victory our size , our shape and that everyone that tries ultimately becomes a Winner! Sometimes when I see others victories, I get envious, I get blinded to the fact that I too am a Winner in the Bariatric Wars even if I don't win this skirmish. I was built for endurance, not exploding in the sprints, So Chug Chug this 🚝this Choo Chop will make it to the Grand Station of Life Yet!

1 hour ago, KentuckySteve said:

hey i am using the unflavored Protein genpro and mix it with Water and a crystal light packet i drink 3 bottles of that a day. Anything i get from food right now is just a bonus for me. yeah i cant eat very much either just a coupe bites anf i feel like that is too much sometimes

Ah gotcha - yea I bought Unjury unflavored but haven't tried it yet. I've been getting about 50 the past 3 days, but 30 of that is from a premier shake. I can't eat too much either - I guess I'll start putting the protein powder to use. Thanks for the feedback!

@ahunter88

Wow! That is pretty quick! Good luck!

8 hours ago, lulu06 said:

What is wrong with me!

Had my surgery Nov,16th today is one week, I was never excited about it like everyone else. I was nervous and scared and I still feel that way. The pain of the surgery was not bad at all but the discomfort of drinking liquids is so frustrating. Every sip I take I have to wait 5 mins or more before I can take another because is hurts in my stomach. Thanksgiving I almost passed out from dehydration. I'm not sure what I excepted but not being able to drink when I'm thirsty is not on the list. I have tried thicker Soups like potatoe and cream of chicken and don't have the issue as bad. Now I'm thinking "was this the right thing for me to do. Maybe I should have been fat and happy seems better than the future of thin and miserable." Sorry just ranting and frustrated. Why can't I be happy about this like everyone else.

My surgery isn't for one two days from today and I am excited but like you I'm very scared and nervous. Don't be discouraged hun we all want this and have to remember that the liquid is just temporary. You have come this far going through all the preop so just hang in there you got this.

Surgery was the 19th- and today is the first day I was able to drink Water with no pain 🙌🏻🙌🏻 I got in more water this morning that In the last 4 days combined! Still scared to try new things- I am terrified of getting sick (I do NOT want to throw up- still sore on one side ) but feeling much much better!! Only problem- I forgot to eat today.....yeah....that has never in my 36 years of being alive happened . So I was really weak and had the shakes for a bit ! Hope everybody’s Thanksgiving was wonderful !

I had my first shower today after surgery on the 20th and it was heaven! Removed the bandages, left the steri strips and am letting those air dry for a while. So wonderful to feel really clean!

I too am having trouble getting as many fluids in as I would like as it really does hurt. Yesterday I only managed 2 of the 6 small meals we're supposed to have as I was still focusing on hydration. But I think each day will get better. Started today with a premier shake, wait 1/2 hour then start sipping Water for 1 hour..wait 1/2 hour then work on next meal and planning to try to bring the Protein level of that meal up a bit as I try to get closer to my daily protein goal. Quite the challenge.

I'm also dealing with nausea, though mainly in the mornings, so taking gravol for that..it's supplements, sip, meals, sip, medications, sip...and on.

But, down 6 lbs since surgery..don't plan to check it that often for the first month as we are healing..but was curious..nice surprise.

We will get there and life outside 6 weeks will be much more interesting..give it time!

Thanks for being honest about your feelings. I’m having my Surgery this coming Wednesday 28th . I know this is going to be hard . Please keep me updated on how you are doing . And I will do the same. I have no family to encourage me . They are totally against me doing this. It is so great to have this forum to vent our feelings. 🥰

SkinnyMiki you do have us, make us your honorary family. We will cheer your victories, sympathize with your sorrows and believe in you even when you don't believe in yourself. And if that isn't what a family does, its pretty clise!

Hello everyone, I am 18 days post op and I am doing extremely well. My scars are healing nicely and I’m already eating normally for the most part. Surgeon said I can eat things at my own pace so I’ve been eating ground meats, fish, riced vegetables, Soups, and other recipes. I have no issue keeping liquid down and drink about 60-70oz. I am happy thus far with the results I’m having already. My start weight is 342.2, Current weight is 309.9 and I’ve lost a total of 20in so far.
One of the many things I’m already loving about this is I fill up so quickly with so little and I’m almost never hungry.

BEST.DECISION.EVER

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg