Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

I seem to have a lot of gas pain.every time I take a sip of Water I have a pain in my upper chest

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Jimmy Keller said:

I seem to have a lot of gas pain.every time I take a sip of Water I have a pain in my upper chest

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sip slower. Or maybe try a different temperature (warm broth vs. cold water)? I had the same thing for 4-5 days and then it got better. I can pretty much drink regularly now (my surgery was a week ago today). The gas pains lasted 3 days for me. Taking the mirolax they had me start day after surgery helped. Walking helped! Couldn't tell if the gas-x helped or not.

Hang in there! You can do this!!

Has anyone been told to use lemon juice to help with nausea? I’ve been using meds prescribed by doctor- but a friend that had this done a couple of years ago said that he was told by a nurse that lemon juice would help tremendously. He said that most of the nausea was caused by mucus - and it makes a plug in your throat (which strangely enough I feel like that is going on) and the lemon juice helped. I’m just super scared to try new things right now 😬😬

Yikes.. I would be scared to use lemon juice too.. but maybe seep ginger in some water.. that would be a little more soothing. But, this phase should not last much longer! Hang in there!

Nov 26th and I am in Houston as well!!
We are on the same day. Its so close [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

And may you both be 5exas Proud, not Texas Toast, upon That Day! We're all cheering YOU on!

I’m two days post surgery and am thankful for my blessings. I had no pain and very manageable gas. Have not been on opioid painmeds since the early am the day after. I had some nausea but manageable. I’ve not thrown up. Getting more Water in day by day. Had a shake, a Jello, 8 oz and am working on a 24oz Protein Water. Do not like giving myself shots. I’m home today as smell of food nauseates me. Going to my sons house when the start broadcasting their YouTube show. My daughter is The Art Sherpa on Facebook and YouTube and I love watching the broadcasts. Happy thanksgiving all

Btw, I’m in beautiful Texas too.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I officially started my puree stage today (I'm 2 weeks post op) so I get to kind of enjoy Thanksgiving a bit, and I'm grateful for that. I hope everyone, no matter what stage/phase/status you are, enjoy your family, friends, pets, whatever!

Omg me tooo!!!!! November 26th 4 days!!!!!

6 hours ago, Reinalee said:

We are on the same day. Its so close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Me tooc four days for our big day

On 11/21/2018 at 12:11 PM, Frustr8 said:

No you will NOT DIE! I have had anesthesia probably 10 times in 5 years, I'm 72, if it was going to "do somebody in", I'm a much stronger candidate than you'll ever be. And it's so much nicer, easier and doesn't leave you sick enough to pray for death like the Bad Old Days did! Been there, done that and had it done to ME.My RNY anesthesia was SMOOTH, first I had the coolest A, his name was Dave, my surgeon brought all the main players to my room for an introduction, real benefit to being 1st surgery of the Day. Think before I was taken back, while he was patting my hand he might have slipped some Happy juice in my IV. At any rate I rode like Queen ElIzabethII IN her Golden State Carriage up to the O.R. Super warm, super comfy. Now I had heard horror stories about how the room is cold-Nope, how they make you transfer to the table, stretch your arms out like you're being crucified before you go to sleep-Nope, treat you like you're a piece of meat-Nope. Let me share how it was for me, okay? First I felt totally like I was a Rock 🌟 star, everybody was there for ME. My surgeon had joked he would wave at me, see I was operated upon at Ohio State University, a teaching hospital , many people fear they will end up in the quaking hands of a student. So Dr Needleman😷 waved from his position maybe 8 feet away. I was not abandoned in that big room with all strangers! I slid myself over on the table, they offered their help but this was something. Frustr8 could DO. And this was the 1st operating table I fit on, always feared falling off into the floor. Dave made sure I was nicely tucked in, didn't feel claustrophobic, just incredibly comforted. Then Dave, gosh he had the prettiest 👀 eyes, even with a 😷mask! He said. OK,Are you comfortable? I said, "why yes I believe I am", next thing I knew I was in my patient room, feeling so good I had to lift my gown and make sure they HAD DONE SURGERY ON ME!
And I bet yours wIll be just as fine. So no panic, fears or tears, You gonna be Just Fine!😝😎😝

Wow you have a way with words lol, can you tell me how pain was for u?

On 9/27/2018 at 4:30 PM, paddyski said:

So I think we all know we are here to lose weight and begin this journey... for me I need to be healthy again, but what are you looking forward to the most... I keep talking about being active again with my husband and things I look forward to doing with my daughter but really deep down no joke, I will be excited to tie my shoes without feeling like I am going to roll forward and pass out... how about you guys what is that one thing that really keeps you determined? I know the hard work we have been doing to get to this point it is with in reach and I am so so so excited and ready!

Putting a seatbelt on comfortably in my husbands ancient truck. I guess there wasn't allowance for big girls back in the day when they started making seat belts. Yes the one in my car fits thankgod but I still habg over the clasp which is uncomfortable so that's one of the little things I'm looking forward to. What keeps me going though is being able to shop for clothes and or undergarments without having to find the absolute biggest size

Pain, almost non-existent. Tomkitten , my son and heir to my minute fortune, who stayed with me states they did put it in my IV, they kept ahead of it so well I didn't have to ask for it. He says it was a blessing we didn't have visitors, I kept lifting my gown and. gazing at my tum-tum. Not blown up, if I had been they pumped it off before I left,the OR. No gas to walk off, although they kept me on IVs and EKG monitors and I basically,on "room arrest". maybe to lessen the likelihood of falling?,I had to ask for very little. Never did have what consitutes a meal, no Jello, no broth, they kept me well supplied with liquids. And although I did take my cpap, I forgot one piece,of tubing, try as they may respiratory couldn't fing a matching piece so that might be why I stayed on 02 as well. But never uncomfortable, had 7 incisions, all criss-crossed with Sheri-strips except the one in my navel. 2 small, one a little bigger on the right, bypassers big one on right, that's where the staplers and equipment that counts goes in, deeper, if anyone is sorer that's it, last to heal. 1 at the bottom of my sternum , between my boobs. 2 on the left and the 1 in my navel. I had a tubal ligation scar in the bottom,of my navel so Dr Needleman put his in the top. While it was still swollen it looked like they were missing. And if you are a sleever, your big deep incision is on the left, it's where they pull your stomach remnant across and out to throw it away. In theory, bypaaers can be reconnected although they seldom are . Only one,i know of currently is @ronnysgal, she had much complications and it was done to restore her health, she was a very very special case. So yes, it is possible just not probable. Takes super super-skill to rejoin it all, few surgeons will attempt it.
Actually I have much more pain now with my 5 ulcers and stomal stricture than I ever did in early recovery, but Dr Noria swears it is repairable. Getting tired of going every 2 weeks for my EGJ endoscopy but each time I hope it will be the last. Dates so far 10/12.10/26.11/09 and next Wednesday 11/28. because Dr Noria took a little Thanksgiving holiday. So if you have prayers or Good Wishes to spare, send them my way!

not missing, missing each,other, a novelty in the navel.