Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

One day post op- and just wondering what everyone else’s abdomen pain is like!? Gas pain was rough yesterday - but pretty much gone. Now I at just so sore- I feel like I’m whining- but here I am doing it!

29 minutes ago, JB29 said:

One day post op- and just wondering what everyone else’s abdomen pain is like!? Gas pain was rough yesterday - but pretty much gone. Now I at just so sore- I feel like I’m whining- but here I am doing it!

It took me until the end of the 1st week to really feel pretty great, really walking every hour and sipping every hour really got me through. I set goals for each hour and then followed through because in my head it was the only way to get to the next level and that is what worked. it is ok to be sore I took my pain meds as needed took what they gave me in the hospital and then I used the pain med at bed for two days more and then nothing was needed. Don't worry you got this! small steps forward every day!

1 hour ago, Sealeafi said:

Hi honey... gosh, I sure wish the two of you a speedy recovery. You’re both in my thoughts and prayers! So ideas for extra protein: Fairfield milk, yogurt, powdered milk, ricotta, bone broth.. I also YouTubed some ideas and there are several recipes for the full liquid diet, I can only imagine there will be tons for the purée diet. ( I’m just not there, yet)
You’re doing great and keep up the amazing work!

Thanks you tube will prob have great ideas will go google that next. I know we will make it through we always do it is just timing and I don't want to sabotage myself.

How are you doing?

On 11/20/2018 at 11:56, JB29 said:

Hang in there! The first 3-4 days are the absolute worst and you’re half way there! Just keep sipping as silly and redundant as it sounds. I had to go back to the ER because it caused such an awful pain... I live by my phone timer now! So, whine away, we are all in this together! Hugs!

I went to my 2 week post op today.. a few days early .. I am actually 12 days post op and i am down just about 30 pounds in total and 10 since surgery. My stitches were removed and i was cleared for Puree.. and i may be able to take my ballroom dancing classes in 2 more weeks. He said it depends on if i can hold down the puree or not.. Here is to new challenges :)

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Happy Thanksgiving as well. Tomorrow will be one week for me. I don’t have any pain but definitely weak I couldn’t imagine doing ball room dancing lol. I’m on liquids strained Soups yogurt until day 16 then cottage cheese tuna etc. so far so good. 15,000 well spent! I’ll save that first 3 months of not eating lol

My first day too. I feel pain in the largest inscision where my stomach was pulled out. Pain is tolerable but I asked for oxy

I am new here too. I am set for the 26th of November. I just want to be able to walk without pain more than anything. At nearly 300 lbs and plantar fasciitis in my heel, it hurts to walk around the house, let alone spend time walking with super skinny, super active kids and grandkids.

1 hour ago, Bari_KS said:
21 hours ago, JB29 said:

My first day too. I feel pain in the largest inscision where my stomach was pulled out. Pain is tolerable but I asked for oxy

I had a lot of gas and abdomen pain. It will get better..

Hello! I am brand new to this site and am glad I found it. All of your stories are very inspiring. I'm being sleeved this coming Monday 11/26! It is actually a revision surgery - I got a lap band about 11 yrs ago. In short, I got pregnant about 2 months later and then was too petrified to go back to the surgeon after that - so dumb, I know. My 2 BFFs had this surgery and are doing fabulously!

I'm feeling pretty clear-headed about all of the lifestyle changes I'll be making, but the one thing that's freaking me out is the anesthesia. In short, I'm afraid something crazy will happen and I'll never wake up! I literally want to get all of my affairs in order before Monday, like make sure my husband has all of the bank passwords and such. The nurse made a note during my pre-op call and said they'll put a little something special in my pre-op IV ;), but has anyone else felt this fear??

No you will NOT DIE! I have had anesthesia probably 10 times in 5 years, I'm 72, if it was going to "do somebody in", I'm a much stronger candidate than you'll ever be. And it's so much nicer, easier and doesn't leave you sick enough to pray for death like the Bad Old Days did! Been there, done that and had it done to ME.My RNY anesthesia was SMOOTH, first I had the coolest A, his name was Dave, my surgeon brought all the main players to my room for an introduction, real benefit to being 1st surgery of the Day. Think before I was taken back, while he was patting my hand he might have slipped some Happy juice in my IV. At any rate I rode like Queen ElIzabethII IN her Golden State Carriage up to the O.R. Super warm, super comfy. Now I had heard horror stories about how the room is cold-Nope, how they make you transfer to the table, stretch your arms out like you're being crucified before you go to sleep-Nope, treat you like you're a piece of meat-Nope. Let me share how it was for me, okay? First I felt totally like I was a Rock 🌟 star, everybody was there for ME. My surgeon had joked he would wave at me, see I was operated upon at Ohio State University, a teaching hospital , many people fear they will end up in the quaking hands of a student. So Dr Needleman😷 waved from his position maybe 8 feet away. I was not abandoned in that big room with all strangers! I slid myself over on the table, they offered their help but this was something. Frustr8 could DO. And this was the 1st operating table I fit on, always feared falling off into the floor. Dave made sure I was nicely tucked in, didn't feel claustrophobic, just incredibly comforted. Then Dave, gosh he had the prettiest 👀 eyes, even with a 😷mask! He said. OK,Are you comfortable? I said, "why yes I believe I am", next thing I knew I was in my patient room, feeling so good I had to lift my gown and make sure they HAD DONE SURGERY ON ME!
And I bet yours wIll be just as fine. So no panic, fears or tears, You gonna be Just Fine!😝😎😝

Hello! I am brand new to this site and am glad I found it. All of your stories are very inspiring. I'm being sleeved this coming Monday 11/26! It is actually a revision surgery - I got a lap band about 11 yrs ago. In short, I got pregnant about 2 months later and then was too petrified to go back to the surgeon after that - so dumb, I know. My 2 BFFs had this surgery and are doing fabulously!
I'm feeling pretty clear-headed about all of the lifestyle changes I'll be making, but the one thing that's freaking me out is the anesthesia. In short, I'm afraid something crazy will happen and I'll never wake up! I literally want to get all of my affairs in order before Monday, like make sure my husband has all of the bank passwords and such. The nurse made a note during my pre-op call and said they'll put a little something special in my pre-op IV ;), but has anyone else felt this fear??
I am the day after you and I have all of the same feelings.. We can do this together and pull through and hopefully a speedy recovery for us both.. fingers are crossed ..

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had surgery yesterday(11/20/18)!!! I was discharged this afternoon, but last night was rough. The gas was terrible and I was having a hard time breathing because of it, plus I had a terrible headache and a panic attack from waking up in pain and feeling like I couldn’t breathe. I was given Ativan and pain meds which helped. Today I’m still experiencing gas between my ribs and lungs which sucks. However I’m not having issues drinking and keeping things down. I found a Protein this really good for Clear Liquids “Profuse Wild berry” I enjoyed it plus they made me a milk based shake this morning “Chocolate covered strawberries “ (which was 2 powdered shake mixes by Nectar) it was super delicious... just too much right now, I need to be doing clear protein for now. Well Happy Thanksgiving sleevers!

I had my two week post-op appointment with my surgeon today. I’m down 15lbs since surgery and am cleared to start puréed foods! I’ve just had my first couple of bites of a puréed Soup, here’s hoping I tolerate it as well as I have everything else!