Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

Wishing you a fast recovery and a wonderful journey. I am 63 and have my vs Wednesday morning.
Thanx. Long live healthy babyboomers!

Thanx. Long live healthy babyboomers!
I wish you successful surgery and quick recovery!

Best of luck to a fellow senior. Proud of you,taking control. You got this!

Hi all.. just wanted to let you know that dehydration is no joke.. and does cause issues with the pancreas... it’s extremely painful and will cause you to be in full clear liquids.. aka.. Water for an extra week. I just left the hospital because I was having serious pain on my left side- I’m very glad I went to the ER and didn’t try to wait it out much longer (12 hrs was a long enough wait). Please please please for the love of all things holy, sip sip sip and sip some more.. even during the night! Lesson learned!

Surgery day today. He was running almost two hours late but got me in and out and to room within about 3.5 hours. “Hello, darkness, my old friend”. Morphine was my drug of choice and I slept comfortably for 3 hours. Assuring everyone I did not die on messages after a 15 minute walk. Tender but NO PAIN. Am sure when the gas rolls in, I’ll be sweating bullets, but that too will pass. Let’s do this.

9 hours ago, SkinnyMiki said:

Thank you so much . I just needed to hear your kind words . And you are right. The pain I face on a daily basis is unbelievable. I have knee problems and back problems as well. I’m also a senior. So it is so nice to hear from someone one else who is in my generation 😂 It has been a long 51/2 months of not having anyone to talk too . Thank you again Linda 🥰

I am also a senior. I am 74 and was sleeved on November 1st. I was afraid that the doctors would say that I was too old, but that was not the case. All of my doctors wholeheartedly supported me. My husband is my biggest supporter since he has had to be my caretaker during all of my surgeries. I have had a left hip replacement, a left knee replacement and numerous foot surgeries as well as chronic back problems. My Orthopedic doctor said I should have my right knee replaced. I do not want another surgery. I wanted to be proactive and lose the weight so I can avoid more surgery and make all the pain go away (well, a lot of it). Also, I really want to walk my dog again. As it is now, I become short of breath after walking just a short distance. Once I lose the weight, I am confident that I will be able to be active again. I think you have made the right decision and the rewards will definitely outweigh the negative stuff. You are the master of your body and you should ignore those people who try to dissuade you from making a brave decision for your own health.

Good Luck to you, I know you'll be fine and happy that you decided to have the surgery! By the way, today was my 18th day since surgery and doing great! I feel good and looking forward to starting phase 4 (soft foods) on Thursday. (I was afraid I would have to have pureed Turkey...Yuck!).

And Hi from a almost 73 (December 26th) bypasser in Central Ohio. Doggone right We Are Not Too Old, Honey we are Prime and Fine! Finally someone Older to look up to And Admire! Welcom Welcome Welcome!

And I have had 2 knee replacements, a surgical repair of a right humeral Fx, a plate and 12 screws there, asthmatic, arthritis since 25, widowed 6 and half years. Bypassed September 5th after fighting over 3 years to receive it, now Stricture of my stomal opening, 5 post-surgical ulcers, still on my liquid diet. My surgeons partner will try for the 4th time to dialate me back out on November 28th, 8 am, rough to find transport THAT EARLY to Columbus, I am a non' driver. Oh shazbut, got a phone call coming in , back to finish a little later!

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm more worried that something is going to mess up and push my date back than I am about having the surgery. I'm second case, which is a bummer because I wanted to get in there first and have time to wake up and see my husband before he has to leave for work. Poor guy will be waiting around for hours only to have to leave right before they get me in my room. Oh well, that's all manageable. I'm more worried about waking up properly, because the last time I had general anesthesia I had some freak reaction with my lungs and I didn't wake up right. Routine gallbladder removal had me in the ICU for three days. I've had a pulmonary consult, they couldn't find anything wrong on my end that should cause that to happen again, they said sometimes there is just a bad timing for when and how they try to remove the tube and it can make the lungs freak out. So my fingers are crossed that everything is going to go on time and as planned.

Hello, hope everybody is doing great. Today is day 4 post op of my gastric sleeve and I’m feeling great.

I’d like to know how I can reply to a comment, I can only like. I’m using the mobile app. Does someone know please?

Wish you all a great day.

One step at a time...... “Beautiful things come together one stitch at a time.” ~Donna Goddard (no pun intended. 😉

On 9/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, Sealeafi said:

Hi all. I’m a new approved sleever set for November 13th ... I’m a teacher and in the Houston area.. so, this is the best date for me- right before thanksgiving!

November 14th I had mine

I hope everyone is doing well, and feeling good! I have been doing ok, I spoke to nutrition yesterday and they said I should be eating more... so I need some Protein help everyone, I was told to go to one shake a day.... ok and then I was told to try and get protein elsewhere, and also to try and get some other things in, so yesterday I made ricotta bake that was fine, but how much is everyone eating of that and how is that a puree? What else are people doing? love any and all help! Side note my husband broke his leg and we have a toddler who is special needs and I am hoping I am healed enough to take care of everything! At least he doesn't have to have it operated on.

On 11/20/2018 at 10:33, paddyski said:

I hope everyone is doing well, and feeling good! I have been doing ok, I spoke to nutrition yesterday and they said I should be eating more... so I need some Protein help everyone, I was told to go to one shake a day.... ok and then I was told to try and get Protein elsewhere, and also to try and get some other things in, so yesterday I made ricotta bake that was fine, but how much is everyone eating of that and how is that a puree? What else are people doing? love any and all help! Side note my husband broke his leg and we have a toddler who is special needs and I am hoping I am healed enough to take care of everything! At least he doesn't have to have it operated on.

Hi honey... gosh, I sure wish the two of you a speedy recovery. You’re both in my thoughts and prayers! So ideas for extra protein: Fairfield milk, yogurt, powdered milk, ricotta, bone broth.. I also YouTubed some ideas and there are several recipes for the full liquid diet, I can only imagine there will be tons for the purée diet. ( I’m just not there, yet)
You’re doing great and keep up the amazing work!