Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

I was sleeved November 6th. I had way more pain that I was expecting and I’m someone who has had some really painful surgeries in the past! Today was the best day I’ve had so far, though I still had to take pain medication. The hospital sent me home with a stool softener because they said my pain medication may cause Constipation. I don’t know if that’s what has happened or if I’m just not going because I’m on liquids since surgery and had mag citrate before surgery. Either way, the stool softener is bigger than my surgeon will allow me to take. He requires all medication in liquid form if it is bigger than a birth control pill. Anyone else in Camp No Poop and what are you doing about it?

Hey folks, I got sleeved this Thursday 11/8 so today is 3 days post-op. My pain was manageable in the hospital (took pain meds twice), was able to get my fluids in and was released after one day (Friday). I've been home for 2 days and am getting my liquids in pretty consistently, still feel mild discomfort, but it seems to literally get better hour by hour. I do get random nausea, and the hiccups which I've gotten a few times are the bane of my f*cking existence right now, still haven't figured out what causes them but I suspect it has something to do with getting up from laying down too quickly. I am tired though, and all I wanna do is sleep. I've been forcing myself to get up[ and walk around, today I plan to actually go out and walk instead of doing laps instead. I'll keep you all posted if anything changes but things seem to be going according to plan. I have my follow-up with the surgeon this Tuesday.

Getting sleeved on Wednesday (11/14). Found out i'm the first surgery of the day at 7am. I'm finally starting to stress out a bit. I can't wait for it to just be DONE so i can focus on healing and losing weight! I've been over 400 lbs for probably 12-13 years now. It is TIME for change; I want my life back!

Today and tomorrow are my last 2 days of the regular pre-op diet and then liquids only on Tuesday. I still can't believe i'm down 23 lbs! I've never lost that much that fast on any other diet! This is getting real, guys! Anyone else getting sleeved on the 14th??

Had my surgery on 11/5/18. So far no nausea, my biggest worry. Down 6 pounds! Good luck all. I'm excited for you all. A year from now well all be healthier and eating right! I can't wait to be active again.

I’m scheduled for Nov 18, have laid in the last of the immediate supplies at home. Hope to just spend next weekend with last minute preps and getting through the liver reduction diet. I’m expecting that I will be in more than one day because I had my EDG on Thursday and besides missing the iv vein three times, I also have a esophagitis. Such is life.

One thing the doctor did not suggest was what to pack for the hospital. Any veterans out there with suggestions?

Can someone help me please!! I had my sleeve done on the 9th of November but i am suffering from so much gas pain. And struggling to get an adequate amount of fluids in. In the meantime I'll keep sip sip sipping and walk walk walking to get s p me relief.

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:11 AM, CristinHope said:

I was sleeved November 6th. I had way more pain that I was expecting and I’m someone who has had some really painful surgeries in the past! Today was the best day I’ve had so far, though I still had to take pain medication. The hospital sent me home with a stool softener because they said my pain medication may cause Constipation. I don’t know if that’s what has happened or if I’m just not going because I’m on liquids since surgery and had mag citrate before surgery. Either way, the stool softener is bigger than my surgeon will allow me to take. He requires all medication in liquid form if it is bigger than a birth control pill. Anyone else in Camp No Poop and what are you doing about it?

A lot of people on here recommend Smooth Move herbal tea. Supposed to really get the job done when you don't want to or can't take pills. I've seen it at my local store in the health department near the Vitamins.

Getting sleeved next Wednesday the 21st. Feels like it's both taking forever and so close! Started my liquid diet yesterday. Having a mix of different Protein Shakes and some Soups with extra Protein Powder added. Not too bad YET, but it's going to be a long week!

1 minute ago, Foof76 said:

Getting sleeved next Wednesday the 21st. Feels like it's both taking forever and so close! Started my liquid diet yesterday. Having a mix of different Protein Shakes and some Soups with extra Protein Powder added. Not too bad YET, but it's going to be a long week!

I just started my liquid diet today- I feel like the people around me may suffer more than I do 😂

I had my surgery November 6th, today is the last day of my liquid diet. Looking forward to creamed Soups and yogurt! Not much nausea since hours after my surgery. Going well so far...

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:11 AM, CristinHope said:

Hey There! I was the same day as you and let me tell you a TMI, Saturday night I believe there was a need to go... do you feel the need to go at all? My dr. told me to take Colace. Well I did that no joy (pills are not that big and by now you should be able to take in that size. ) Tried some Smooth Move nope no joy, I needed to use the suppository that worked and felt so much better after, and ever since everything has been normal. I wish I would have tried the Colace sooner, I believe you can also use Miralax in your Water. so hopefully that will help.