Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

On 11/09/2018 at 20:28, Tom748 said:

That's great to hear I'm on day 4 of the liquid diet my surgery is Nov 13th I'm glad to hear your not hungry that's my struggle feeling like I want to eat all the time I've worked hard to get where I'm at and want to lose more and keep it off thank you for sharing this I needed to hear this right now

We are sleeve twins! Just a few more days!

3 hours ago, paddyski said:

Each day gets a bit better will say I was able to get 60 Fluid ounces in today and was shocked how hard it was... did two Protein Shakes so I got my 60 Protein in but each shake took about and hour and a half to get in but I was grateful I had purchased a wide mouth 10ounce hydro cell cup because it kept the shake cool the entire time... slow sips! Went for a few walks but then the weather turned and laps around the house were not the greatest but still helped! Only taking a pain pill at night which helps me to get comfortable! I was so excited to read how everyone is doing! I love how it really seems to be the gas struggle for us all! Anyone hungry? Just curious I am not at all like even a little I think it is early but I am just surprised before surgery I was hungry I just wanted a piece of chicken lol but now nothing...

I was sleeved on 11/1. I can now drink all of my required Water and Protein Shakes. I am also having chicken broth, Yogurt and sugar free Jello. Talking about hunger, my stomach is not hungry, but I have cravings (head hungry). It gets better if I drink Broth or Tea. Glad to see that you are doing so well !!

On 11/10/2018 at 04:54, prsavvy 2006 said:

I had my sleeve surgery on November 7! A few days past it and I’m starting full liquids. Does anyone know what Protein supplement means? Is it the Meal Replacement shake we drank as part of prep?
That’s one form. There is also Protein Water. Walmart has protein Jello that you can order. There is Protein Powder you can add to your broth or Soup.

Got sleeved on Thursday, hoping to be discharged today. I’ve been able to get a full glass of Water in within an hour, but it’s really hard and I’m not getting enough fluids. I am on Clear Liquids only. So my meals have been about an ounce of broth, some water and a few times a bite of Jello. The hospital jello is really disgusting, I buy sugar free Jell-O brand normally and it’s ok, I’m wondering if this is a taste bud change or if their brand of jello is just awful. I still have both had pain (chest, abdomen, upper back) pain and belly pain. I had single insicion laparoscopic through my belly button. Walking isn’t hard and I’m wandering around the floor with my IV but getting up from a reclining position hurts really bad. They are moving me from IV meds to pills, I had to break each Percocet into 4 pieces last night and I felt like one of them was stuck for a good while. I’m full of bruises from the blood thinner shots. I’m want to go home so badly but I’m also afraid to go home, if that makes sense. I’m still kind of in schock that I finally did it. I’m hungry, but not nearly as hungry as I thought I would be considering I’ve had only broth and water since Tuesday.

One more thing, for those being sleeved soon... when I woke up from the anesthesia I had a lot of chest pain from gas and I got really scared. That was actually what I said first, not it hurts but “I’m so scared!” I wasn’t prepared for feeling pain in my chest.

On 11/10/2018 at 07:09, Linda Cooney said:

That’s one form. There is also Protein Water. Walmart has Protein Jello that you can order. There is Protein Powder you can add to your broth or Soup.
Anyone know a good protein powder that is flavorless? I am only finding chocolate and vanilla. But I start full liquids tomorrow and I want something to be able to add to Soups.
I was sleeved on 11/5 and so far been only on clear liquids, so I haven’t had any protein yet since surgery. Seems like most people start Protein Shakes right away. Anyone else have to wait 5 days before starting shakes?

Someone on a different thread suggested Isopure unflavored Protein powder for Soups, etc. I found some on Amazon. Haven’t tried yet- but it had pretty good reviews.

I got Celebrate u flavored on Amazon. I also got Protein Water on amazon, but watch the price breaks between 10 and 20 grams of protein You can have the protein water immediately and Amazon delivers

Day 2 post op...yay going.home today..those liq Protein really nasty lol I will drink protein Water instead hahha

SW 306.6 CW 283.6 GW 135

I got GENEPRO but I am not even sure I will need it lol the shakes are giving me my 60 grams of Protein so that is not bad, I think I am going to have to try some Smooth Move later today if you know what I mean lol but today everything is going down easy and I have no doubt I will make my full liquids!

Got sleeved on the 8th and I’m still in the hospital trying keep things down. I’m so nauseous and have zero appetite. I’ve thrown up twice from trying to take pills. I was hoping I’d be on the lesser complications side, but here I am. I’m hoping I can go home today. I miss my kids. :(