Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me too. I feel much less restriction than I expected, and I'm hungry all the time. I have definitely not had the no ghrelin=no hunger experience. You're not alone.

I'm in the same boat. Thank you for all the good information.

I remember feeling hungry the first several weeks and being concerned the surgery didn't work for me. Now several weeks later I don't feel the restriction I expected more like I am comfortably full and lose interest.

On 9/27/2018 at 7:33 AM, FluffyChix said:

I stay super hydrated and then 20 mins before I Water load and drink probably a whole 16oz bottle of Water, finishing with sips at the 15 minute mark. Then nothing until after the meal for 2 hours.

I do something similar. I drink right up to my meal. But then I often won't drink for hours after. It helps me keep that full sated feeling.

46 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I do something similar. I drink right up to my meal. But then I often won't drink for hours after. It helps me keep that full sated feeling.

Yep! It's made all the difference for me. If I drink too soon after (and I mean the standard 30min advice), I get hungry much faster.

On 9/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, fluffy562 said:

I’m 2 days shy of being 5 weeks post op. I’m constantly hungry, I eat Proteins all meals and I don’t feel restriction. I just mentally stop at 3-4 oz cause I’m not really sure how far I should take it?

The majority of us still feel hunger at times.

Real food stage : 4 oz of Protein and veggies at each meal. I eat as much veggies as I want. I eat four to six small meals a day. I keep them within my calorie and macro goals.

hope you find what works for you.

Edited by skinnylife

I am almost 6 weeks out and I feel hungry a great deal of the time. I am having the same issues. I am very disappointed that I am not feeling the restriction as I thought I would. I can eat more than I am supposed to be eating at any meal. I stop myself because I know I shouldn't be eating that much. I was told to add vegetables also with my meal to help me feel fuller. I really wanted to feel restricted or nauseous, something that tells my brain to stop besides my own judgement and common sense, which if I had good judgement and common sense I would not have needed the surgery in the first place. My primary care doctor who specializes in weight loss told me he didn't care if I was eating a little bit more as long as I am showing that I am losing weight. My surgeon at my second follow up was surprised that I could eat more than 4 ounces and said that should be impossible that I should be eating less than 2 ounces. It is very difficult and can be a slippery slope. I continue to surprise myself however with mostly good decision making and control. I am also getting bored with the foods I am eating and having trouble finding variety. Good luck.

I am almost 6 weeks out and I feel hungry a great deal of the time. I am having the same issues. I am very disappointed that I am not feeling the restriction as I thought I would. I can eat more than I am supposed to be eating at any meal. I stop myself because I know I shouldn't be eating that much. I was told to add vegetables also with my meal to help me feel fuller. I really wanted to feel restricted or nauseous, something that tells my brain to stop besides my own judgement and common sense, which if I had good judgement and common sense I would not have needed the surgery in the first place. My primary care doctor who specializes in weight loss told me he didn't care if I was eating a little bit more as long as I am showing that I am losing weight. My surgeon at my second follow up was surprised that I could eat more than 4 ounces and said that should be impossible that I should be eating less than 2 ounces. It is very difficult and can be a slippery slope. I continue to surprise myself however with mostly good decision making and control. I am also getting bored with the foods I am eating and having trouble finding variety. Good luck.
Are you eating too fast, drinking too soon before / after meals? What are you eating?
I'm nearly 7 weeks and eating 3-4 oz meals (i.e Breakfast today 2oz LF cottage cheese, 2 oz deli Turkey breasts). I'm also using a bariatric timer... it helped so much that I ended up eating 1.5 oz Turkey and ate all my cottage cheese. I am also drinking more than 64oz of Water. With the timer and water, my hunger is sustained. If I think I'm hungry, I drink. If I'm still hungry I'll wait 30min and reassess. If hungry, I eat. If not... I continue to drink. I also eat 4-6 meals per day 2.5-3 hrs apart to ensure I'm getting all my Protein upwards of 60g per day (yesterday got 83g) without the use if protein powders and shakes.

I definitely feel restriction, I get not only full but if I over do it, I'm nauseated or will vomit.

Girl I am always hungry. Nothing ever satisfies me. It really sucks. I am 7 weeks post op. I miss my old life of eating I really do. I’d do anything for fast food. But it’s nice losing 31lb too. Ugh the struggle.

I’m 6 weeks out and can easily eat a cup of food. I am trying to add Fiber and veggies to get a more noticeable fullness. I use a bowl that holds around a cup of food to keep me on track.

I’m 6 weeks out and can easily eat a cup of food. I am trying to add Fiber and veggies to get a more noticeable fullness. I use a bowl that holds around a cup of food to keep me on track.
Are you drinking enough Water? Are you chewing 30 times and waiting 30 seconds between bites?

I am drinking enough Water. Chewing well but most likely eating too fast. Husband has needed slippery food for health reasons so I don’t think that had been helpful. I am down 35 pounds and post menopausal, so weight loss is OK.

I am drinking enough Water. Chewing well but most likely eating too fast. Husband has needed slippery food for health reasons so I don’t think that had been helpful. I am down 35 pounds and post menopausal, so weight loss is OK.
If you eat too fast, that could cause overeating as well.
I use a meal timer. 30 sec chew, 30 sec break. It has helped me so much, my food intake has decreased 1/2 - 1.5 oz per meal because I'm eating more slowly and consciously.