Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking in at 18 months.

Looking to see if anyone else got offered Naltrexone at their 18 month appointment.

I have been steady at 175 for a long time. My lowest was 167. something. I expressed a desire to lose the last 20 pounds and was offered Naltrexone, due to the fact that I have been on Wellbutrin for 17 years already. Surprisingly enough I jumped at it.

I feel like this is a magic pill. My add symptoms are completely gone. (completely) been struggling for years off and on Adderall and achieved my degree going back to school huge struggle but did it.

I am lucky that I never got my hunger back. Still get full really quick. Where last year I could eat only 4 ounces maybe now 6. But my craving for something remained. Not sugar or flour or any one thing, But just the knee jerk response to life of getting up and getting something. As a new Accountant I have struggled with Attention to detail. which is really bad for an accountant.

This Naltrexone has changed all that in a few short days. I am baffled. Really baffled. Ive dropped about 3 pounds this week. I am not looking for lunch at 12:00 oclock anymore. Its like 1:45 when I look up from my work that has been completely done flawlessly amazed.

Just reaching out to see if anyone else has been offered the drug and had any experience good bad or ugly with it.

I should note I went back on my Adderall and upped my Wellbutrin back to the normal level , I had let it slip to a low dose.

Anyway I hope you are all doing well.

sincere regards

Dawn Marie

13 hours ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

Checking in at 18 months.

Looking to see if anyone else got offered Naltrexone at their 18 month appointment.

I have been steady at 175 for a long time. My lowest was 167. something. I expressed a desire to lose the last 20 pounds and was offered Naltrexone, due to the fact that I have been on Wellbutrin for 17 years already. Surprisingly enough I jumped at it.

I feel like this is a magic pill. My add symptoms are completely gone. (completely) been struggling for years off and on Adderall and achieved my degree going back to school huge struggle but did it.

I am lucky that I never got my hunger back. Still get full really quick. Where last year I could eat only 4 ounces maybe now 6. But my craving for something remained. Not sugar or flour or any one thing, But just the knee jerk response to life of getting up and getting something. As a new Accountant I have struggled with Attention to detail. which is really bad for an accountant.

This Naltrexone has changed all that in a few short days. I am baffled. Really baffled. Ive dropped about 3 pounds this week. I am not looking for lunch at 12:00 oclock anymore. Its like 1:45 when I look up from my work that has been completely done flawlessly amazed.

Just reaching out to see if anyone else has been offered the drug and had any experience good bad or ugly with it.

I should note I went back on my Adderall and upped my Wellbutrin back to the normal level , I had let it slip to a low dose.

Anyway I hope you are all doing well.

sincere regards

Dawn Marie

That does sound like your magic bullet! Hope it helps you kill off those last few pounds!

I totally get you about the accountant attention-to-detail thing! I quit my job in June because I had been ill (to the point that I couldn't focus or remember stuff) and my managers were totall asses about my FMLA leave, so I said "screw it" and left. Sounds like your job is going well - congrats!

On 9/20/2019 at 6:34 PM, Orchids&Dragons said:

That does sound like your magic bullet! Hope it helps you kill off those last few pounds!

I totally get you about the accountant attention-to-detail thing! I quit my job in June because I had been ill (to the point that I couldn't focus or remember stuff) and my managers were totall asses about my FMLA leave, so I said "screw it" and left. Sounds like your job is going well - congrats!

FMLA is a right not an option. You have surpassed your goal? that's amazing.

I really am happy about The Naltrexone it is working wonders for my add and my weight-loss is steady in the downward direction.

I am happily at my lowest of 167. hoping to ride it right to my goal of 153.7. than if all is well, my goal of 137 which is the high end of those dreadful charts used back in the day.

So have you been sick due in any way from the surgery?

On 9/20/2019 at 6:34 PM, Orchids&Dragons said:

FMLA is a right not an option. You have surpassed your goal? that's amazing.

I really am happy about The Naltrexone it is working wonders for my add and my weight-loss is steady in the downward direction.

I am happily at my lowest of 167. hoping to ride it right to my goal of 153.7. than if all is well, my goal of 137 which is the high end of those dreadful charts used back in the day.

Checking in!

I am feeling fantastic and loving my VSG. I am below goal and float between 127 & 130. My next big adventure is plastic in December. I'm getting a lower body lift & breast augmentation.

My surgery was 2/7/19. I am down 55 pounds. I am 3 pounds away from my original goal weight of 160. I may aim for a goal of 150.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:22 AM, Dawn Hanaphy said:

You know me, the complication queen. 😋 But the final straw, when I quit work, was not wls related.

Hi all I wanted to compare notes with you guys as we are coming g up on 2 years. So lately almost everytime I eat I get nausea and end up vomiting, no matter what it is. Along with that vh the amount I normally eat has been reduced I'm full a lot sooner than usual. Now I must mention I did just recover from the flu on pack and Tamiflu and I maybe a little dehydrated, looking for any advice or similar stories to help me out.

Hi everyone! I'm interested to hear how you're faring!

I've been doing pretty well. Had been maintaining at about 148 for several months, but then in October, the docs removed half of my thyroid. My weight went up steadily 2-3 pounds a week for about a month. Now I'm steady at about 159. The endocrinologist says it wasn't the surgery, but I have my doubts. It was either the world's biggest coincidence that my honeymoon period and malabsorption ended the same week as that surgery, or my 1/2 thyroid isn't as effective as my full thyroid was. I won't have a follow up with him for labs until next month, but at least the weight-gain has stopped. I was really panicked that month when it was going up steadily. I had actually gotten into the 160s, but I was carrying a lot of Fluid (to the point that my legs were "weeping"), so the cardiologist increased my diuretics. Other than that, enjoying life with my new, smaller bod!

8 hours ago, Njgurl said:

Hi all I wanted to compare notes with you guys as we are coming g up on 2 years. So lately almost everytime I eat I get nausea and end up vomiting, no matter what it is. Along with that vh the amount I normally eat has been reduced I'm full a lot sooner than usual. Now I must mention I did just recover from the flu on pack and Tamiflu and I maybe a little dehydrated, looking for any advice or similar stories to help me out.

Sorry you've been ill. Hope you feel better soon.

Hello All,

Can anyone believe for one minute its been nearly 2 years.

I want to go back and read every ones responses. and comment.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:32 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

Hi everyone! I'm interested to hear how you're faring!

I've been doing pretty well. Had been maintaining at about 148 for several months, but then in October, the docs removed half of my thyroid. My weight went up steadily 2-3 pounds a week for about a month. Now I'm steady at about 159. The endocrinologist says it wasn't the surgery, but I have my doubts. It was either the world's biggest coincidence that my honeymoon period and malabsorption ended the same week as that surgery, or my 1/2 thyroid isn't as effective as my full thyroid was. I won't have a follow up with him for labs until next month, but at least the weight-gain has stopped. I was really panicked that month when it was going up steadily. I had actually gotten into the 160s, but I was carrying a lot of Fluid (to the point that my legs were "weeping"), so the cardiologist increased my diuretics. Other than that, enjoying life with my new, smaller bod!

That must have freaked you out? I am glad it has settled down. I think there is usually the take a few pounds back after the loss period ends anyway. Any Extreme fatigue?

Hello everyone, I am new to the group and was sleeved on 2/6/2020.So far the best thing I could have done for myself!

again hello to all

On 1/7/2020 at 6:30 AM, Njgurl said:

Hope you are feeling better.

Just now, Too many dogs said:

Hello everyone, I am new to the group and was sleeved on 2/6/2020.So far the best thing I could have done for myself!

again hello to all

HI welcome to being a february sleever, we all had ours 2 years ago february. But would love to hear about your journey and support you along the way.

You are ten days out how are you feeling.