Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

Hi Newbie Girl I am writing to say hello, what told you you are starting maintenance. Was it a feeling or slower weight loss? I think that band to sleeve is said to be slower, but I think that we can defy that and lose as much weight as we want. I think being in wonderland is an amazing thing. Myself I am wanting to get to my first goal of 154 so 100 pounds. Not sure if it will happen, I want to just stay the course and see where it goes. I am so comfortable at this weight or size I should say. Being a size 12 is comfortable.

Dawn Marie

I intentionally started my maintenance because I am comfortable where I am, I look a lot smaller than the number on the scale.

Hi everyone -

Now that we’re all past our 8 month surgiversary I was just curious how many calories are you all getting a day? I’m trying really hard to stay at 1000 but most days I’m at 1100 or 1200.

I do about 1400 because I'm maintaining where I am now.

I am so glad to see this post. I am ever so aware of my ability to eat a heck of a lot more than before and my weight loss has seemed to stop. At 80 pounds down I can't help wanting to loose that 20 more pounds or even 40 more and be that magical number the ideal body weight charts say.

I am coming in around 1200 calories Loose estimate. I am hoping to start some disciplined tracking to see what the real numbers are.

I cant help but wonder is this maintenance or a plateau and If I double down I will get the engine going again.

any body have any thoughts.

Dawn Marie

13 minutes ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

I am so glad to see this post. I am ever so aware of my ability to eat a heck of a lot more than before and my weight loss has seemed to stop. At 80 pounds down I can't help wanting to loose that 20 more pounds or even 40 more and be that magical number the ideal body weight charts say.

I am coming in around 1200 calories Loose estimate. I am hoping to start some disciplined tracking to see what the real numbers are.

I cant help but wonder is this maintenance or a plateau and If I double down I will get the engine going again.

any body have any thoughts.

Dawn Marie

Now that you're able to eat decent sized meals, you might want to check out this thread on Intermittent Fasting:

Those who have been giving it a try seem to be liking their results.

anyone else stalling? I am trying to figure out if this is maintenance.

I really want to say I lost 100 pounds. So I may have to start dieting. Ha probably wont happen.

I am happy at 80 ish pounds size 12.

I am a christian and my prayer for the last three years was God get me to the end of this bachelors degree and at a healthy weight. I am four weeks away from graduating. I am guessing God was listening.

Hope all are well.

3 hours ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

anyone else stalling? I am trying to figure out if this is maintenance.

I really want to say I lost 100 pounds. So I may have to start dieting. Ha probably wont happen.

I am happy at 80 ish pounds size 12.

I am a christian and my prayer for the last three years was God get me to the end of this bachelors degree and at a healthy weight. I am four weeks away from graduating. I am guessing God was listening.

Hope all are well.

Congratulations on both successes! Size 12 is awesome! What did you major in?

I too am afraid that this current stall is the end and I won’t lose more. I’m eating no more than 1200 calories a day, so how can I not be losing??

15 hours ago, Dawn Marie Silvestro said:

Accounting. So boring but so many well paying jobs. How are you doing?

Actually, I'm a CPA. it doesn't have to be boring if you work for a company that does things that have meaning for you.

And that's a very important point , If you ❤the task you're doing , it's not a job but a ministry for others.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:24 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

Actually, I'm a CPA. it doesn't have to be boring if you work for a company that does things that have meaning for you.

O&D,

Haha, that is so awesome. I will start the process of studying for the CPA Exam. I will be taking a graduate level class in the spring in order to even sit. Where are you located. I thought you were from England or Ireland for some reason.

Dawn Marie

4 hours ago, Dawn Marie Silvestro said:

O&D,

Haha, that is so awesome. I will start the process of studying for the CPA Exam. I will be taking a graduate level class in the spring in order to even sit. Where are you located. I thought you were from England or Ireland for some reason.

Dawn Marie

I'm in Texas, about as far from England/Ireland as you can get. I may have posted someplace that I'm 100% Irish, though. That's the reason that I'm about the only person in Texas who doesn't tan!

On 9/25/2018 at 12:02 PM, Orchids&Dragons said:

Dawn, good to see you! Your progress is awesome! Congrats!

Like you, my 7-month surgiversary is tomorrow. I am down 90 lbs. and just yesterday, weighed the exact same as my husband!!! That has never-ever-never happened in our 29-year marriage. In a few days, I may be the lightest person in my house! I would have been happy with this at 1 year; I'd never have imagined that it could happen this quickly.

Can you believe we are almost at a Year.

I haven't checked in in so long. I have been stalled out for months, and fine with it. My Weight starting to move a little.

How are you doing?

Amazing weight loss you must be so happy. I am patiently awaiting 100.00 lb goal but will be fine where I am.

I forget how to use this app trying to post to the whole group of Feb 18 surgery people

3 hours ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

Can you believe we are almost at a Year.

I haven't checked in in so long. I have been stalled out for months, and fine with it. My Weight starting to move a little.

How are you doing?

Amazing weight loss you must be so happy. I am patiently awaiting 100.00 lb goal but will be fine where I am.

I forget how to use this app trying to post to the whole group of Feb 18 surgery people

Everyone who was following the original thread will see this post. If you want to post to everyone, just enter something in the "Reply to this topic" box.

January was my first stall month, so I can't complain at all. I've been allowing some carb-creep, so I deserve what I get. I'd like to buckle back down though. I'm fluttering right on the cusp of normal BMI (hit it one day only) and I'd really like to get about a 5 lb. cushion into a normal BMI and try to maintain there. But, if I stay here, I'm still sooo much better off than I was!