Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i'm new to this! Came across this site trying to figure out if my hungry self can eat Pasta two weeks post op! (Of course I know this wont be a good idea lol) But Im glad I found it because I for sure need some support from people who are going though the same thing! So i'm two weeks post op and I feel like the first week great! I lost 16 lbs that week....but this week I have only lost 3 pounds! :( What i'm I doing wrong?! And NOOOOO I havent been eating solids....regardless the pasta comment lol Im still on liquids. Hummmmm...TBC

Once you can start eating veggies try spiraled veggies instead of Pasta. Make them very soft so you can tolerate them. You will stall eventually but 16 pounds is a lot in a week. Keep up the great work! If you’ve any questions its best to speak to your nutritionist.

Thank you!!! Im deff looking forward to all new ways I can get veggies!

Losing 3 pounds isn’t a stall; it’s great! You won’t lose 16 pounds a week; it’s just not going to happen. Some weeks you’ll lose more, and some weeks you’ll lose less.

You will be lucky now to lose 2lbs a week. The less your eating the harder it is to lose. Your body is screaming what are you doing to me. Hold on fat hold on. I didn't lose weight for two weeks, I didn't care. I know I am doing what I am supposed to do. Just hold on and it will happen.

So i lost 18 lbs my first week, my doctor advised me not to be surprised if i only loose 5lbs max at my next weigh in. I ended up loosing 8 at my 3rd week appt. I would be fine with loosing 2/3 pounds a week. Just seeing the scale move in the opposite direction is amazing. Long as you are following the plan you will be fine. Good luck

4 hours ago, fmellnick said:

So i'm new to this! Came across this site trying to figure out if my hungry self can eat Pasta two weeks post op! (Of course I know this wont be a good idea lol) But Im glad I found it because I for sure need some support from people who are going though the same thing! So i'm two weeks post op and I feel like the first week great! I lost 16 lbs that week....but this week I have only lost 3 pounds! :( What i'm I doing wrong?! And NOOOOO I havent been eating solids....regardless the Pasta comment lol Im still on liquids. Hummmmm...TBC

No. Cottage cheese, refried Beans and Greek yogurt.