Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OH NO Food Funerals, Ive put on weight pre op.

Really upset with myself, i have put on 5lb in 4 weeks because of food funerals :unsure:. I am really lucky and only need to pre op diet for 1 week, op is on 10/10, but am really upset with myself, i cried to myself (yes I am on meds for that.)

anyone else feeling or felt like this?

We all have done the food funerals. I did mine right up until I had to start the prep diet. I gained too - might have been the large cheese with extra cheese pizza I had!!!! It will come off. Be dedicated to the prep diet, very important to get you in the best shape for your surgery. No more tears, you ARE doing this and not alone.

40 minutes ago, fandangle said:

Really upset with myself, i have put on 5lb in 4 weeks because of food funerals :unsure:. I am really lucky and only need to pre op diet for 1 week, op is on 10/10, but am really upset with myself, i cried to myself (yes I am on meds for that.)

I finished the last bottle of wine in my fridge on the first day of my liquid diet!

I put on 5 pounds in a week with my food funeral. I think most of us do it, we are human. Food is a huge part of our lives, we need to mourn. Don't beat your self up over it.

I had nothing but food funerals the 3 weeks between approval and my surgery date. I have no regrets whatsoever. It has not hindered my weight loss post op.

My food funeral was the day before my preop liquid diet began. My bf cooked all my favorites in moderation so I was able to fully indulge without guilt. I didn't gain that day, but didn't lose either. LOL, could help that the 8 mos leading up to that day I had already cut most bad for me things out.

I keep gaining and losing but have decided that it is time to stick to my weight loss plan. I'm not very good a losing weight but I'm not doing too bad (could do better tho).

The Bible says This too shall pass. I take 💓 in this, doesn't say we are stuck with anything I can't bear!👍😝

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, fandangle said:

I know I have probably have gained a few pounds ( I am not looking until my appointment with the surgeon next month) but I am trying to not give in to the guilt and trying to enjoy the "forbidden stuff" while I can :)

I had food funerals too. Don't panic, after your belly heals you can eat your favorite foods again, just much much less of them.

Before everyone freaks out and questions everything about my lifestyle, diet, and dedication to the process; please keep reading. I follow my post op diet and exercise. I am steadily losing weight. That doesn't mean that I don't occasionally have a few bites of something or wine, just to stay sane.

I think that if I really thought through the fact that I am changing my life, but not giving up everything forever; I wouldn't have had so many food funerals.

4 hours ago, Sleeved36 said:

I had food funerals too. Don't panic, after your belly heals you can eat your favorite foods again, just much much less of them.

Before everyone freaks out and questions everything about my lifestyle, diet, and dedication to the process; please keep reading. I follow my post op diet and exercise. I am steadily losing weight. That doesn't mean that I don't occasionally have a few bites of something or wine, just to stay sane.

I think that if I really thought through the fact that I am changing my life, but not giving up everything forever; I wouldn't have had so many food funerals.

thanks so much, for this, I guess that its all facing the unknowen, Its really babd that I enjoy the felling all these foods give me, but am hoping that this surgery will help me with my emotional eating. Dam you chocolate grrrrrrrr