Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here is another article you might consider:

Artificial Sweeteners Don't Impact Blood Glucose. And They Never Did

It is a difficult journey but the more manufactured (unnatural) artificial sweetener you can get out of your regular diet, the healthier you will become. The very same goes for processed food.

Science has known about the dangers of artificial sweeteners for decades.

You can find books, articles and medical studies dating back for years and years.

Once again, the naturally based sweeteners like Stevia, (to a large extent) Trivia, chickory (blech) and many others that are now available are NOT considered artificial sweeteners in this discussion. But put them in carbonated beverages and they are very likely not a good choice because there has recently been discussion that carbonation is not good for the human body (bones, etc.).

Please don't ask me to source for you. We all have Google and libraries I'm not trying to be rude but there's always someone who wants me to work overtime.

Edited by Screwballski

53 minutes ago, Screwballski said:

It is a difficult journey but the more manufactured (unnatural) artificial sweetener you can get out of your regular diet, the healthier you will become. The very same goes for processed food.

Science has known about the dangers of artificial sweeteners for decades.

You can find books, articles and medical studies dating back for years and years.

Once again, the naturally based sweeteners like Stevia, (to a large extent) Trivia, chickory (blech) and many others that are now available are NOT considered artificial sweeteners in this discussion. But put them in carbonated beverages and they are very likely not a good choice because there has recently been discussion that carbonation is not good for the human body (bones, etc.).

Please don't ask me to source for you. We all have Google and libraries I'm not trying to be rude but there's always someone who wants me to work overtime.

I politely asked that if anyone had information they add it for others to see because I believe we should back up our claims

But if you don't want to add info that's ok too

Edited by GreenTealael

15 hours ago, allwet said:

We relate blood sugar to insulin cause it is an easy test but they are not the same thing.

This.

when you taste sweet your brain sends signals and you release insulin in anticipation of incoming sugar even if it just fake sweet.

It's not only the sweet and sugary stuff. People avoid all carbohydrates like the plague because of "the insulin spike" and yet ignore the fact that not only carbohydrates raise insulin levels.

A look at the insulin index might be both interesting and eye opening.

47 minutes ago, summerset said:

This.

It's not only the sweet and sugary stuff. People avoid all carbohydrates like the plague because of "the insulin spike" and yet ignore the fact that not only carbohydrates raise insulin levels.

A look at the insulin index might be both interesting and eye opening.

i also eat low carb i was just responding to the fake sugar issue.

i eat less than 10 grams of sugar(most days under 5) and 50 grams of carbs per day and the carbs are from my veggies. i gave up flour and all its products cause for me the issue was and is Carbs. If i consume processed carbs i get hungry not full. with my restriction i can feel full to the point of being sick but be starving in my head if i eat processed carbs.

This is me and others my have no or less issues but i know how i feel when i eat them so i just dont eat them and i an so much happier now when i eat.

39 minutes ago, allwet said:

i also eat low carb i was just responding to the fake sugar issue.

i eat less than 10 grams of sugar(most days under 5) and 50 grams of carbs per day and the carbs are from my veggies. i gave up flour and all its products cause for me the issue was and is Carbs.

And in what way exactly does this detailed information about your daily carbohydrate intake refer to my post about the insulin index? Did you quote it by accident?

On 9/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

If you make a shake with 8 oz Fairlife milk (13g protein) and 1 scoop unflavored Protein Powder (20-30g protein) add some fruit and stevia, you'd be in good shape. Can you handle stevia?

Just to remind everyone: U can only absorb 30gms of Protein in single sitting. Anything more than that and u pee it out. So it literally goes into the toilet.

8 hours ago, James Marusek said:

Here is another article you might consider:

Artificial Sweeteners Don't Impact Blood Glucose. And They Never Did

Thanks for adding the article to the thread!

On 09/21/2018 at 10:02, GreenTealael said:

I politely asked that if anyone had information they add it for others to see because I believe we should back up our claims

But if you don't want to add info that's ok too

I was absolutely not talking about you request! I apologize if you took it as such. That was NOT my intent.
I meant that on another occasion when I posted a similar comment, I was told I HAD to source it.
Again, I was not referencing your request for additional info.

3 minutes ago, Screwballski said:

I was absolutely not talking about you request! I apologize if you took it as such. That was NOT my intent.
I meant that on another occasion when I posted a similar comment, I was told I HAD to source it.
Again, I was not referencing your request for additional info.

✌ No worries ✌

17 hours ago, marfar7 said:

Just to remind everyone: U can only absorb 30gms of Protein in single sitting. Anything more than that and u pee it out. So it literally goes into the toilet.

That is a myth that has been debunked.

Reviving this thread because im getting new google notifications about the same old debate from the web this morning.

Anyone else seeing new research pop up again?

Hmmmm....

Edited by GreenTealael