Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Afternoon everyone! I need help/advise. I got the Gastric Sleeve on 08/16/18 and definitely found myself with the same cravings as before and worrying whether they took another body part out and not half my stomach. I was losing weight though so i was pretty happy. This past Thursday was my one month surgaversary. I had lost about 15 lbs on the two week diet before and was loosing 10 lbs a week the first two weeks after surgery. I am now down 5 additional pounds since then but within the last two weeks the scale is at a stand still. I feel like it is to early to stall! Can someone give me any advice, I am starting to be incredibly hard on myself.

Hello! I had my sleeve on 8/21/18 and I am finding myself in the same boat. I was told that this is normal because our bodies are going into "starvation mood." I was told to add some calories back into my day and that it will trigger my body to start losing weight again. I have noticed the scale move a little. I hope that this helps. :)

Great thank you so much! I was worried I was overeating

I have the same situation! Sleeved 19 Jul, have lost 30 lbs. Had almost 3 weeks where I didn't lose anything, lost about 5, now stall again. It is very frustrating. I know I'm not exercising enough, so that is probably it.

Stalls can happen at any time. There is no such thing as too early.

It will really help to keep your sanity through this process, if you focus on the big picture. Thinks in terms of, "I've lost 25 lbs in the last month" That is an incredible amount of weight to lose.

And head hunger is just as real and just as powerful as physical hunger. So learning to manage that is critical to success (I still struggle). Taking out our stomach's does nothing to stop us from wanting to eat.

This chart really helps me and puts things into perspective when I see a stall (aside from listening to the pros like @sillykitty). Hope it helps you too

Average-Rate-Weight-Loss-Bariatric-Surgery-683x1024.png

On 9/17/2018 at 1:49 PM, Samiam1130 said:

Good Afternoon everyone! I need help/advise. I got the Gastric Sleeve on 08/16/18 and definitely found myself with the same cravings as before and worrying whether they took another body part out and not half my stomach. I was losing weight though so i was pretty happy. This past Thursday was my one month surgaversary. I had lost about 15 lbs on the two week diet before and was loosing 10 lbs a week the first two weeks after surgery. I am now down 5 additional pounds since then but within the last two weeks the scale is at a stand still. I feel like it is to early to stall! Can someone give me any advice, I am starting to be incredibly hard on myself.

From what I have seen, just about all of us August surgeries have lost between 35-40 lbs. I am also incredibly hard on myself. I think we like that instant gratification of seeing the scale move.

From what I have seen, just about all of us August surgeries have lost between 35-40 lbs. I am also incredibly hard on myself. I think we like that instant gratification of seeing the scale move.
Expect a stall anytime. Nothing a good round of pooping will get going again. Im a firm believer in its all about the digestive tract.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

Well it is Saturday, see if anything generates on its own or if I need MoM? God I do hope for the days we do Precious Pouch's difficulties. to a finish. One lady said after they redialed her stoma things were rosy. MAY IT BE SO FOR ME!

On 9/20/2018 at 4:56 AM, MargoCL said:

This chart really helps me and puts things into perspective when I see a stall (aside from listening to the pros like @sillykitty). Hope it helps you too

Average-Rate-Weight-Loss-Bariatric-Surgery-683x1024.png

Thank you so much for this.

On 10/25/2018 at 12:26 PM, GB in CA said:

Thank you so much for this.

Thanks it does help, I thought something was wrong, I am right on track according to the chart!

@Samiam1130 How things going? I am in the same boat as you just 2 months later. I was sleeved on 10/15 and everything you mentioned is the same with me. Any tips or tricks?

On 09/17/2018 at 13:49, Samiam1130 said:

How are things going? I am in the same boat as you just 2 months later. I was sleeved on 10/15 and everything you mentioned is the same with me. Any tips or tricks?

On 9/17/2018 at 3:49 PM, Samiam1130 said:

I just had my surgery 10/29. I lost 24 pounds on the liquid diet, and then 17 my first week after surgery. Then nothing. lol, I thought I was gonna be the one this didnt work for, that my stomach was too big, that I was just not able to lose weight. Stayed that way for almost 2 weeks, now blammo, 3 days 6 pounds gone. I am breathing again lol. The weirdest part is that what appears to have triggered the new weight loss is that I have been able to eat about an oz more than I had and it feels perfect and comfortable and honestly really good to eat what feels like a normal amount lol. So basically I feel fabulous eating 3-4oz a meal (about 1/2 cup). My head and mouth seem satisfied along with my stomach! My calories increased by about 75 to 100 (25 to 35 a meal). My fatigue is way better and honestly, I feel amazing!

Now that I had my first period of not losing anything for almost 2 weeks, then watching it come off again, I am way less worried. I just needed to come out the other side of it and lose again to be sure I wasn't just gonna already stop losing forever lol!

You will really get there and I understand. Its hard to be patient but just keep doing what's recommended and it continues to work! Thank goodness!