Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing too fast?

Hey everyone! So I’m a little over 3 months out from my sleeve - so far, aside from some reflux issues, it’s been incredible. I’m feeling better, not using my CPAP anymore, able to keep up with my kid and nieces and nephews, and I’m shopping in the regular section of stores! 🙌🏼🙌🏼. So this might come across kind of like a silly worry but I know we have to worry a lot more about our nutrition and doing things a lot more healthful than someone with a regular size stomach. So I was hoping to just get some reassurance.

So my starting weight was 222.8. I started the pre-op diet and lost 15 lbs on that, surgery on 6/12/18, and I’m just under 50 lbs lost post surgery - as of this morning, I was at 158.2 (which is awesome, don’t get me wrong. 😂. I haven’t seen that number in about 14 years). My goal weight is 125 (I’m short at 5’1 and have a medium frame). I’ve been pretty proud of my progress but I feel like my weight loss has sped up in the last couple of weeks. I just started my period yesterday, and typically, I gain 3-5 lbs in the week before I start (less since surgery because I assume I’ve still been losing even with my period). I’ve actually lost 2 1/2 lbs over the weekend and have lost about 6 lbs over the last week. I have goals set up and typically, it takes about a week and a half to two weeks or more to hit my partial goal (they’ve been about 9 lbs each) but I just hit my 164 goal last week and I’m already really close to my next one.

I am following my doc’s plan (at this point, I eat 3 meals and a snack if needed, 400-500 calories a day, 1/4 cup of food at each meal - this goes up every 2 months) and taking my Vitamins and Calcium. I hate exercise so I’m not doing much of that but plan to start soon 😂. I can’t eat more than what I’ve got on my menu for each day - I’m too full.

So is it normal to still be losing this rapidly at 3 months out? I’m only 34 lbs away from goal and if I keep losing at this rate, I’ll be there by 6 months out. I feel like it should be slowing down by now but is this just normal or just how everyone loses differently?

Thanks for your help!

As long as you are healthy you have no Hung to worry about just keep following your Dr plan and do exercise

i was a fast loser too I lost 121 pounds in 6 months I already hit my goal now my dr change the plan so I don’t keep losing more weight started to change my gym rutine les cardio more weight lifting

Congrats btw keep going at it

Thank you, Milton! I like to worry a lot so this is one more thing to worry about. 😂

I lost weight very fast, 49 pounds first month and a steady 8-10 pounds every month after till i hit 160 then my body just slowed the weight loss way down and i am working towards increasing calories to reach maintenance calories.

Don't worry you will eat more as you get further out and your body will settle in to a good weight with time.

If your labs are good and your doctor is not saying anything don't worry and enjoy.

some of your fear is you have never been here before and it all feels like too much but you will get used to new image and it will feel and look normal with time. Body image can mess with your perception of what is too much so use your doctor and there staff to judge that not your own self image till you have time to get used to the new you.