Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I’m new to support group I had my gastric sleeve done Dec26, 2017 I started at 319 and I’m down to 257 I haven’t lost much weight and feeling a little depressed because of it any recommendations

If you could provide details about yourself you'll get a lot of help. Type of surgery, are you tracking your meals/drinks. calorie intake, are you sticking to your suggested plan, if not what are you eating that is not recommended, how many ounces of Water are you taking in per day, starting weight, current weight, age. You don't have to give all the info mentioned but some type of info might will help. There are a bunch of great folks here that will gladly give you the best info they can.

21 minutes ago, J San said:

If you could provide details about yourself you'll get a lot of help. Type of surgery, are you tracking your meals/drinks. calorie intake, are you sticking to your suggested plan, if not what are you eating that is not recommended, how many ounces of Water are you taking in per day, starting weight, current weight, age. You don't have to give all the info mentioned but some type of info might will help. There are a bunch of great folks here that will gladly give you the best info they can.

Hi My name is Tiffany I got the gastric sleeve Dec26, 2017... My current weight is 257 and my weight the day before surgery was 319 I have been taking in a little under 64oz of Water I DO NOT DRINK soda at all not even before the surgery maybe I have been stressing lately because I haven’t been losing the weight I thought I even maybe stretched my sleeve I don’t know so I’m thinking maybe I should go back to square one and do the liquids for the next two days and go from there

But what are you eating? Are you hesitant to post? If you truly feel you are getting off track but do not want to post, be honest with yourself. Track your intake on a app like MyFitnessPal and I mean track every bite that passes your lips.

Are you letting some snacking creep back in? Are some slider foods finding their way back into your diet? Are you drinking with meals now or have you followed the no drinking before and after eating rule? Are you exercising at all?

If you feel you have stretched your sleeve it’s normally a concern of someone that has been overeating. Reach out to your bariatric nutritionist if possible. You are not yet a year out from surgery so you can definitely recover if you seek the proper help ASAP.

Best of luck.

I have not been exercising I have been snacking yet no eating and drinking at the same time and DEFINITELY some slider foods have been sliding in...I’m just so down that I have let this happen after all I prayed to get this surgery and to think I might have messed it up I’m feeling so disgusted in myself

1 hour ago, Dupie said:

I have not been exercising I have been snacking yet no eating and drinking at the same time and DEFINITELY some slider foods have been sliding in...I’m just so down that I have let this happen after all I prayed to get this surgery and to think I might have messed it up I’m feeling so disgusted in myself

This is a super easy fix.
Stop it.

Get back on your diet and start tracking EVERYTHING.
Put the pity back in the cabinet with those slider foods and pull yourself up and get moving. Clearly it's bothering you... so do something about it.

No one but you is making you eat those foods you know you shouldn't.
No one but you is keeping you in that chair, on that couch or in that bed when you could be out hiking, walking, enjoying the outdoors somewhere.
No one but you is holding you back!

You feel upset and depressed and disgusted. So then make the changes that'll make you feel better!

Only you can work with the surgery. Only you can change your habits. Only you can make you feel better!

SO DO IT!
No more excuses.
No more "tomorrows".
No more self pity or self loathing.
NO MORE WAITING

NO MORE INACTION

You got this... you just have to get it.

You got your sleeve on my Birthday, honor our special. day by getting your act back together. I believe you can do it, you were given a renewed lease on life with,your surgery, and instead of ignoring it I believe you are going to have a renewed sense of working with it for YOU. And each thing that turned around you are going to say I AM TIFFANY TERRIFIC AND I can & will do this ALL. And I think you Can!

You're beating yourself up. Instead of acting like your own worst enemy, consider being your own best friend.

Another way to think of it is you've got an angel on one shoulder & a devil on the other. Both of them are talking to you at the same time. The devil tells you some slider foods & Snacks would taste so good. The angel says, "Tiffany, you know what to do. You got this!" Listen to that angel & tell that devil to go back to hell!

Good luck to you! You are not alone.

You are going to be just fine. Don't beat yourself up. Remember, no one is perfect and you are fabulous! Track everything you eat in MyFitnessPal or some other app, not matter what you eat. That way you will be able to tell if you are getting enough Protein, Water, etc. Follow the guidelines your surgeon and nutritionist gave you. You can do this!

It hasn't been as fast for me as I thought it would be. But, when I'm on plan the scale keeps moving down. When l get off track it stops going down or gets incredibly s...l...o...w. So, I know it is me and what I eat.
Gastric sleeve stats are losing 60% of excess weight at 2 years post op. For me that is about 137 lbs. Well at 15 months I'm at 128lbs. So, I will for sure beat that 60 % figure. I didn't get to almost 400 lbs in one year. I'm not going to lose all my weight in one year either.
Find success in how you feel better walking around without that extra weight on. If you forgot, go to the gym and try picking up a 60lb barbell and walk around for a bit. It is heavy!
Pick one place and start making those changes...are you getting 60 or more oz of Protein? Are you taking your Vitamins? Then add another good thing in next week and the week after.
You can get back to the zone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app