Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery date is coming

I have not gotten emotional about the surgery hence my user name IATTCOM it stands for “It’s about time taking care of me”

The folks in this thread are mostly the week before me (Oct 3!), so I'll be doing my (one week) liquid diet while you're getting your surgeries, BUT, @CRD1981, we're the same age and getting the same procedure! (My BMI is a bit higher, though. 57ish.) Different kind of surgery buddies.

I'll be rooting for you!

On 09/16/2018 at 13:48, CRD1981 said:

How are you feeling?

Sent from my Z855 using BariatricPal mobile app

Umm jury is out. I have a two week liquid diet. I wake up fine but by 2:30/3:00 I’m hungry.

I make sure to have lunch around then and that is when I have my second Protein Shake so that it helps maintain me for the rest of the day. I have my Jello snack between that shake and the dinner shake.

3 hours ago, chuckwalsh said:

October 1st here.. I just started my pre surgery shrink the liver diet today. . And omg I'm so hungry haha.. ugh

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Okay, so I really thought I wouldn't make it through the liquid diet. To be honest, the first 4 days were HELL! The hunger, cravings, and fatigue WAS REAL! I think I am finally in ketosis though (day 5) - no hunger, no cravings, increased energy, etc. (That or I am just delusional now.) My liquid diet consists of 5 Protein Shakes and "unlimited" clear liquids (broth, crystal light, sugar free popsicles, sugar-free Powerade, etc.) Knowing me, I HAD to make a schedule so I would be able to pace myself and just tell myself "you can make it one more hour."

• 8:00 AM, Protein Shake
  • 9:30, Jello
  • 10:30, Protein shake
  • 12:00, 16 oz of some kind of clear liquid
  • 1:00, Protein Shake
  • 2:30, 8 oz of broth
  • 3:30, Protein Shake
  • 5:00, 16 oz of some kind of clear liquid
  • 6:30, Protein Shake
  • 8:00, 8 oz of Broth

Of course I continuously drink Water throughout the day. I am in bed by 9:00. Other than the occasional popsicle thrown in, I have been sticking to this schedule and it works. Lots of sleep has helped too - if you are asleep, you aren't hungry :lol: Just 8 more days to go for me (September 26th surgery).

Okay, so I really thought I wouldn't make it through the liquid diet. To be honest, the first 4 days were HELL! The hunger, cravings, and fatigue WAS REAL! I think I am finally in ketosis though (day 5) - no hunger, no cravings, increased energy, etc. (That or I am just delusional now.) My liquid diet consists of 5 Protein Shakes and "unlimited" Clear Liquids (broth, crystal light, sugar free popsicles, sugar-free Powerade, etc.) Knowing me, I HAD to make a schedule so I would be able to pace myself and just tell myself "you can make it one more hour."
Of course I continuously drink Water throughout the day. I am in bed by 9:00. Other than the occasional popsicle thrown in, I have been sticking to this schedule and it works. Lots of sleep has helped too - if you are asleep, you aren't hungry [emoji38] Just 8 more days to go for me (September 26th surgery).
Time is flying

I am also 9/26. I started my clear liquid diet on 9/12. I had previously started a modified diet 9/1. As of today I have lost 16 pounds. It has actually went better than I thought. My emotions are all over the place. One minute I am fine and the next I am like why am I cutting out a perfectly good organ. But then I just go back to the whys of doing this and I am fine again. It will be here before we know it. I will be getting the vertical gastric sleeve.

I am also 9/26. I started my clear liquid diet on 9/12. I had previously started a modified diet 9/1. As of today I have lost 16 pounds. It has actually went better than I thought. My emotions are all over the place. One minute I am fine and the next I am like why am I cutting out a perfectly good organ. But then I just go back to the whys of doing this and I am fine again. It will be here before we know it. I will be getting the vertical gastric sleeve.

I'm at the end of day 1 of the liquid diet and it has been tough

1 more week to go for me! I only have to do 2 days and of Clear Liquids pre op, but I’ve been trying to ease into it over the next few days.....especially with eliminating caffeine! I think hunger headaches and caffeine headaches together would not be fun! 🤪