Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Bra Size

My band size has shrunk, but my breasts have remained an E, despite them looking much smaller. I was browsing the underwear section in Kmart this morning. Before surgery I'd grumble about them having all the small E cup sizes but not the plus ones in stock. It was the exact reverse today! All the bras were big sizes, and in the smaller bras they had my band size, but no E cups! I felt like I was being punked!

I've gone from 40J to 36 H. Doesn't seem as dramatic a shift as some others here! Almost at goal, so I think I'll be here or hereabouts moving forward. Have been buying less expensive bras during my weight loss phase but really need some proper scaffolding moving forwards.

Absolutely, I was determined I was not going to buy new clothes but then it got really bad trying hold up my pants an walk bras were a problem it took me a couple of tries to find the perfect ones an underwear oh my gracious!! It is a great problem to have though isn’t it? I’m down 166lbs an still working on it 10 months out

On 7/22/2022 at 10:53 AM, pintsizedmallrat said:

I SWORE the girls had shrunk. I went to a bra boutique and got professionally fitted, and I have gone from a 44DD to a 32F. I do NOT feel like an F cup but it fits, so who knows

I would bet you weren't wearing the right size before hand. My friend swore she was a DD till I took her to get fitted and she was a G...lol

I went through that too at a younger age.

I was wondering about those bra extenders. Purchasing an even smaller band size than you need and using an extender knowing that you will most likely be able to get rid of the extender and wear it for another little while still? Unless you still go down in cup size but eventually you stop losing in the cup.

42E -> 32B 🥹 officially part of the itty bitty titty committee

I just kept wearing my bras until they looked ridiculous under my clothes and then got new ones.. have been wearing more bralette types of bra since COVID and they are way more forgiving when you shrink 😆

I found puma sports bras at costco. 2 for $12 is an amazing deal for bras you are going to shrink out of. (I would not recommend them for actual exercise, though. Not enough support if you are jumping around or running. Perfect for day to day, though.)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been wearing nothing but comfy sports bras for the past 2 years. I dont even know my size rn & I kind of like it that way. I'll figure it out if I have to wear something nice somewhere haha

9 hours ago, bbykitty said:

I've been wearing nothing but comfy sports bras for the past 2 years. I dont even know my size rn & I kind of like it that way. I'll figure it out if I have to wear something nice somewhere haha

9 hours ago, bbykitty said:

You may want to be fitted and find at least one to have on hand if your weight has settled cause the price of bras has gone WAY up but if you can get them during a sale it will be far more reasonable. Victoria Secret has their sale twice a year I believe and if you are a larger cup size, lane Bryant has smaller and larger band sizes and they have different sales but every few months they have a good one. If you wait for an event you likely will end up paying twice the price for it. Not sure what your budget is like but it’s just food for thought.