Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve scheduled 12/17. Start full liquid diet tomorrow. Anxious!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 4.5 weeks out from a sleeve... I’m 63... I’m still feeling apprehensive that something may go wrong but so far I’ve had no problems! I’m stalled right now for the past week ... this forum has prepared me for stalls so I am relaxed... 😊

How are you doing post-op? Any issues?

I'm doing very good, thanks for asking. Spent less than 24hrs in hospital, very little pain. No issues with swallowing. I'm on full liquids now. I saw my surgeon on 9th day, she's happy with my progress.

• I am 61 years old and will be having gastric bypass Dec. 10th. I am so nervous.

Anyone here over the age of 60 considering gastric sleeve? Had surgery?
I'm 56 and scheduled to go under on the 26th of this month!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

I am a few days away from 70 and I had gastric bypass 5 years ago and I am please with the results.
Awesome!

BABY BOOMERS UNITE! I had an RnY September 5th at the age of 72, in fact G Slevve after Fifty YOU ARE HAVING SURGERY ON MY 73rd Birthday🎁📦What a nice gift to give me!

BABY BOOMERS UNITE! I had an RnY September 5th at the age of 72, in fact G Slevve after Fifty YOU ARE HAVING SURGERY ON MY 73rd Birthday[emoji320][emoji403]What a nice gift to give me!
I will think of you and send happy birthday wishes as I go under.. [emoji322] A quick question: Does the physical pain of obesity go away? I'm 56 and can barely walk. I have to use a cane when first starting my day until my legs feel strong enough. There is even constant pain when in bed at night. I know we experience more aches and pains as we age, but I'm wondering if a lot of my pain will go away with the weight loss. What was your pain experience before and after?

• I am 61 years old and will be having gastric bypass Dec. 10th. I am so nervous.
Gastric sleeve scheduled the 17th. Am on that nervous page with you!

Yes truly it does, every day I do move easier. Oh just like someone who was badly scalded and burned you will always have some scarring. As an example prior to surgery I was very prone to leg cramping , so much that my PCP had me on additional Magnesium and Flexeril and at that time if all else failed aspirin 4 at a time. Now since a better Vitamin level and a reduction in weight I have not had one episode of them. And they were Evil, once they were so bad , since my legs were so cramped I slithered across my floor like a fishworm because my legs wouldn't hold me, skinned the tops of every toe. Had a way I could make it to certain piece of furniture and using arms only drag my body up on it. Looking back, don't know how I could do it, at that time well over 300 pounds. Now I am 260 and dropping pretty fast, and I will never regain as long as I can draw breath, and speaking of that, don't get so out of breath and I bet 5ai have a fair chance of deleting my c pap pretty soon. In the ways that count my 73rd is going to be a nicer and I hope healthier day. And I can say that from my Hospital bed, I have now a PICC line in my arm, my ulcers needed more Protein to heal than my limited diet could grant and what I was getting not,utilizing. Less than 5% have it this rocky, but it can and will be repairable. My surgeons believe it and I also am convinced. I am turning the corner so well I may be going home tomorrow, off chance it could even be today! Instead of feeling regrets I am thankful they have the knowledge to repair ME. And Darlin' I am going to be Fine, I'll look back to this as a minor blip on my Recovery Road!😷👌👼😛

G Sleeve... I’m definitely noticing I’m experiencing less pain and starting to be more mobile... I’m walking for a little longer and just feel more able which, in turn, makes me feel less vulnerable and more confident... and it’s only early days for me so I’m feeling very encouraged! 😊

And, my blood pressure is pretty much back to normal!! 👍🏻

And Alpaca55 a good BP is to be desired, less pain, more mobility, those are very good reasons at our point in life to have surgery. And doggone it, WE ARE WELL WORTH IT, AREN'T WE?

I now respect the woman I am, for I know the struggles I have had to become me. And I need no one to prop me up for I now stand on my. own !

Happy Groundhog Day! May the shadow you see today be much smaller than yours in 2017 and 2018!😝