Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here over the age of 60 considering gastric sleeve? Had surgery?

I am a few days away from 70 and I had gastric bypass 5 years ago and I am please with the results.

5 hours ago, resobers said:

Hi I am a 58 years old and just had the gastric sleeve done August 21st so far so good down 25 plus pounds feeling really good

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you; I am new to this journey. Trying to reach out for insight/experiences from those in the "mature" sphere. So far, it appears age doesn't matter! 😀

59 minutes ago, James Marusek said:

I am a few days away from 70 and I had gastric bypass 5 years ago and I am please with the results.

Good to hear. I am beginning the journey and still a little apprehensive!

And if you want someone to talk to , someone that knows maturity at sometimes sucks. Here I be, 72 and 3/4ths years old, just had my RNY September 5th, and I am happily healing. And age is no barrier, I am healing just as good as people half my age. I had a wonderful surgeon, creme de la creme.His name is Bradley J Needleman MD, I would recommend him to one and all. He is at OSU in Columbus Ohio.
Let me share something, my son accomplied me to this appointment, we usually,go to each others. After much discussion of things he came over to my son, now he is supportive of me and my surgery plan . But inside I bet there was a lttle voice saying "Are you sure this is good for Mom?" At any rate he came over shook my son's hand and said "I prom u we I will take very good care of your Mom" and I just melted inside. How often do you find a doctor that carting? Most of the ones I have met are
Mr To goto
Don't speak to me I am incredibly busy.
And my,unfavorite one that sad to say my PCP used. Stare at your laptop screen instead of speaking more the minimal words necessary. I would wonder if I told him I had a prickly purple rash where the sun don't shine. Would he look up and admit,I'm seven there is

I'm 68, had bypass 8/6 and doing awesome❤️❤️❤️

I was 56 when I had my surgery. I'm 2 years out. From my highest (which was not officially recorded) I was probably over 300 pounds in August 2015. I flop between 152-160 right now and am working on getting my body fat down under 28 percent. I've gone from barely fitting into 24s to buying a pair of size 6 Levis this past weekend. I'm a nationally ranked fencer in my age group now and just this weekend won Bronze (all women over 50) and Silver (women 50-59) medals in fencing at the NJ Senior Olympics this weekend. I can dead lift 200 pounds and squat 215.

The only regret I have is not having done this 20 years ago.

16 hours ago, Kcoley said:

I'm 68, had bypass 8/6 and doing awesome❤️❤️❤️

15 hours ago, Diana_in_Philly said:

I was 56 when I had my surgery. I'm 2 years out. From my highest (which was not officially recorded) I was probably over 300 pounds in August 2015. I flop between 152-160 right now and am working on getting my body fat down under 28 percent. I've gone from barely fitting into 24s to buying a pair of size 6 Levis this past weekend. I'm a nationally ranked fencer in my age group now and just this weekend won Bronze (all women over 50) and Silver (women 50-59) medals in fencing at the NJ Senior Olympics this weekend. I can dead lift 200 pounds and squat 215.

The only regret I have is not having done this 20 years ago.

That's awesome!!

72 RnY surgery 9/05/2018. IT COULD BE DONE- IT WAS DONE- Now a Brighter Future Starts!😛🍀❤😛

And if you look close there are more over 60s coming along! And everyone I have heard on here is doing pretty fine.

And as the Year continues there will be even more over60 success stories. Keep reading, the BEST MAY YET TO BE, happy days ahead!

I'm 62yr and my gastric sleeve surgery will be on November 20th

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

How are you doing post-op? Any issues?

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app