Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling resentful, missing my favorite foods

26 minutes ago, xiomara said:

Had my sleeve on 8/29 n today I was admitted for dehydration worst thing ever

Oh No! I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure you've heard this already but there is nothing more important than getting your fluids in no matter how hard it is. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

3.5 weeks post surgery. Went to our state fair tonight and was really sad that I couldn't eat any of the food I love having at fairs. I really wanted a corn dog, and cotton candy, and funnel cake, and alcohol, and, and, and.... We didn't stay long because I was sad plus I still haven't returned to full energy levels since the surgery. Just feeling down and wanted to share.

Those things arent necessarily off the menu for forever. My dietician told me that there is no reason why I couldn't still enjoy the foods I did before just in moderation. I'm 9 months out from RNY..I eat all the same foods that the rest of the family does I just eat smaller portions. I went to the fair here where I live for the first time in like 8 years this summer (I was 7 months post op when I went). I had a corn dog. Well a bite of one because it doesn't take me much for me to get full. I also had Ice cream and pie a bite or two. I had some funnel cake..I went with my mom, bestfriend and her son. What I didn't eat I gave to them. I've also had alcohol..3 months post op I went out to Celebrate my birthday. I was told that I could have alcohol 3 weeks post op. But to be careful how much I drink because alcohol will effect me differently now because its processed faster. I've had no problems at all.. it just takes time to adjust to all the new changes. You've got this!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Those things arent necessarily off the menu for forever. My dietician told me that there is no reason why I couldn't still enjoy the foods I did before just in moderation. I'm 9 months out from RNY..I eat all the same foods that the rest of the family does I just eat smaller portions. I went to the fair here where I live for the first time in like 8 years this summer (I was 7 months post op when I went). I had a corn dog. Well a bite of one because it doesn't take me much for me to get full. I also had Ice cream and pie a bite or two. I had some funnel cake..I went with my mom, bestfriend and her son. What I didn't eat I gave to them. I've also had alcohol..3 months post op I went out to Celebrate my birthday. I was told that I could have alcohol 3 weeks post op. But to be careful how much I drink because alcohol will effect me differently now because its processed faster. I've had no problems at all.. it just takes time to adjust to all the new changes. You've got this!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

@lyndi84 thank you!!

I have tried so hard but I am unable to keep anything down I am so stuff even with just a popsicle

I can’t go out to eat or anything like a fair. I would be miserable. The worst thing for me is at work. It seems like food is all people talk about all day.

Forgot to add, I am only 6 weeks out, though. So I know it will get better.

29 minutes ago, jaksmommy said:

I can’t go out to eat or anything like a fair. I would be miserable. The worst thing for me is at work. It seems like food is all people talk about all day.

I am pre-op but I have struggled with this on diets. When you are trying to be mindful about food you realize how everything seems to revolve around it.

Don’t sweat it. I’m a year and 4 months out and I can eat whatever I want, just significantly less than before.

Drink your Water and do the work and slowly you’ll be able to eat something besides the bland first few stages.

But it does suck for the first three months.

I feel the same way. I was sleeved on August 17th. I miss food very much. I miss McDonald's and pizza and sweets and Snacks and chips and Pasta. I miss it all!!! Sometimes I wonder why I did this. It does suck. But I lost 20lb since the surgery. It’s been 3.5 weeks. I just keep going. The problem is that I want these foods, but I know my belly will not like it! Just eating turkey, my belly is gurgling and it feels heavy in my belly. At least I can drink my milk! I love milk 😍 it’s like my dessert

I’m almost five weeks out and I’m having the first ‘down’ moments. I made a bariatric recipe for dinner and had the smallest portion and yet I puked it right up 🤮 I’m tired of not eating. I’m tired of chest pain. I’m tired of throwing up. I want coffee ☕️ I’m tired of not being able to chug Water for heavens sake‼️ agh .... I think I’m pushing myself and just need to go back to the basics. I just want to be on the other side of this, but I know I have to do the work. 😭😭😭

I am 3 months post op and I too was upset that I could no longer eat my fave foods. I went through a period about 6 -9 weeks post op where I ate a lot of sugar, ice cream, chocolate, cake, Cookies etc. and then gradually I settled down. I no longer crave the sugar and what used to be my fave foods. I now have new fave foods and I’m developing healthy eating habits. Your taste buds change but I think it’s more a mental thing rather than a physiological thing. I don’t know what the science is behind it. Hang in there. You’ll find a happy place soon.

Don’t sweat it. I’m a year and 4 months out and I can eat whatever I want, just significantly less than before.
Drink your Water and do the work and slowly you’ll be able to eat something besides the bland first few stages.
But it does suck for the first three months.
@jaminator thank you!!

@jaksmommy work is tough for me too. Everyone brings in goodies nearly every day and the table they put it on is right by my desk!

I’m almost five weeks out and I’m having the first ‘down’ moments. I made a bariatric recipe for dinner and had the smallest portion and yet I puked it right up 🤮 I’m tired of not eating. I’m tired of chest pain. I’m tired of throwing up. I want coffee [emoji477]️ I’m tired of not being able to chug Water for heavens sake[emoji844] agh .... I think I’m pushing myself and just need to go back to the basics. I just want to be on the other side of this, but I know I have to do the work. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
I am 4 weeks post op today...I hear your pain on chugging water....however I have coffee (caffeinated) every morning since 2 weeks post op!!!! I have had no problems...hope it gets better for you

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app