Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost weight now family embarrassed

Long story short ---went from 265 to 147. Wife and daughters now say I carry myself different (like a little man) and my wife no longer finds me attractive WTH

I’m sorry they feel that way! How big is your wife? Is she jealous? Are you smaller then her now?

She’s not a big woman. 150ish 5’7 I do weigh less than her now

I know I carry myself different. I find myself hunching over

don't hunch over, carry yourself proud and tall, you've fought the Weight Dragon and from that you made a commitment to better health. I find it hard to understand,why you are not appealing anymore, surely she didnt,want a cuddle bear,that,was close to a heart or stroke.

At 5ft8 it is not as though you were a 'big' man, but perhaps to her you were.

Some women are attracted to bigger guys as they feel the guys are a 'protector' to them. It's not right or wrong, it is what it is, and this may not be issue with your wife. Does she feel you have lost muscle/lean body mass?

Do you know why you are hunching over? Is it that she doesn't like the fact that you would appear smallter/shorter than her when you are both out and about? Did you weight train while losing weight?

Edited by 2shea

Get thee to a gym. Start some muscle building program. Get them to work with you on building core strength and muscles that will help you stand taller. Start adding back Protein and fats to up your cals so you can build muscle when you're working out! Sorry you're going through this, but you know, it's an evolution. We don't magically know how to live in a thin body. Right? ((hugs))

Thanks guys for the advise. Each of u are right and gave good direction. Yeah 5’9 has always been what I was at but Dr had me at 5’8. Big deal right, ( wife took that as shrinking 😑) I was a big guy ( muscle and bulky until like the age of 42-45 then BAAM. The hunching ( i believe ) is because of back pain I’ve had for the last couple months under/between my shoulder blades. I’ve done every test/lab possible with no neg results. I’m going to start back at the gym and stop walking a lot ( I’m up to 8 miles a day, Mostly in the teens and 20’s when I get all butthurt about the crap shes laying on me, ( last night was consintration camp survivor comment) so again because of ur thoughts and direction I’ll change course. Thank you so much

I guess some people are just never happy! She should be thrilled to know that you will be on the early longer with less medical problems. Hang in there. Maybe some counseling for both of you would be helpful???

Her name calling is mean and toxic to your marriage. I recommend you seek couple’s therapy to work through what’s bothering her. The worst is that she has your daughters behaving the same. That’s horrible and is not what a good mother does. It is not ok for her to also sabotage your relationship with your children.

Sorry she is treating you this way. That isn't acceptable. Hugs.

Man that stinks. It's hard to predict how people are going to react. I've been told by women that it was passed on to them from generation to generation to remember how the guy looks now, and then feed him until he's heavy so nobody else would want to have an affair with him. I'm serious, I was floored when I heard that.

Is that a possibility? It doesn't sound like it, but even though I haven't reached my goal weight, I can say for me, and from people on My 600 Pound Life, that losing weight makes me/them look older. With a hunched back, you probably exacerbate it. I have a bad back as well (L4-L5 and L5-S1 like to give my spinal cord "hugs" all the time :( ) and I'm developing a hunchback myself. I'm in front of computers all day and I sleep on my side, both of which have a tendency to roll the shoulders and add to the hump.

I get embarrassed when people tell me I look good or how much weight I've lost. I like to keep things "normal" and I don't like to have the light shined on me...for good or for bad. If your circle of friends/family are always complementing you (And you don't care one way or another) but you think it embarrasses your wife, then maybe ask everyone not to do it so much. Yes, you are accommodating her, but if you don't care either way, I'm just throwing it out there.