Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After 4 month Surgery

Hello everyone I am new in this site, and just found it and I hope it help me because I am so stress because I just lost 50 pounds after 4 month I not doing to much exercise it’s hard for me because I am a full time student and also a mom of three kids I know is not excuse but at the end of the day what I want is to rest I try to eat every three hour but also it’s hard for me so I not loosing the weight u supposed to so I don’t know what to do now I am trying to eat my Breakfast snack lunch snack and dinner I am walking 3 times a week for 30 minute 2 miles but is the same not loosing any pound so one of my biggest fear is that not meet my goal so I don’t know if someone has experience the same hope you can help me.

It may just be a normal plateau, but believe me, I know how frustrating they can be. I was 355.5 on my surgery date, and only lost 10 pounds in several weeks, but thankfully, have noticed that the pounds are starting to come off again, which I hope continues, as I am VERY eager to get under 300! I also don't exercise as much, having severe arthritis in my knees, and degenerative changes in my hips and back, but find the pool helps a lot. Once it closes in 2 weeks however, I will only have the treadmill left, so I would just say if your diet is going well, just continue your walking and you should start losing again. Also, talk to your nutritionist for pointers.

11 hours ago, anaosejo said:

Hello everyone I am new in this site, and just found it and I hope it help me because I am so stress because I just lost 50 pounds after 4 month I not doing to much exercise it’s hard for me because I am a full time student and also a mom of three kids I know is not excuse but at the end of the day what I want is to rest I try to eat every three hour but also it’s hard for me so I not loosing the weight u supposed to so I don’t know what to do now I am trying to eat my Breakfast snack lunch snack and dinner I am walking 3 times a week for 30 minute 2 miles but is the same not loosing any pound so one of my biggest fear is that not meet my goal so I don’t know if someone has experience the same hope you can help me.

You neglected one of the most important parts of this. Water. Are you getting upwards of 128oz of water a day? The human body needs water to break down fat. So if you aren't giving your body enough water to meet it's typically daily needs, fat loss is going to suffer.

You've got 3 kids, you can exercise with them as a game. Not only will you be getting your work out in, but so will they, and they will be happier and healthier for it.

Edited by Matt Z

Are you logging what you eat?

I assure you, you are way more active than I am at 4 months just with your children and school! That's not a great thing but it is the truth right now.

Probably the most important thing you can do, at this point is follow your food plan (meet your Protein goals first...always), drink, drink, drink, take your supplements and LOG EVERYTHING. If you are preserving muscle and are not 100% sedentary, you'll have something to work with when things slow down and you are ready to tackle fitness. Just don't wait too long. If you do the key elements, even without a full fitness program, you will lose weight. you just can't let the others slip.

I'm still losing daily and I can't do much of anything except sit and sleep from an unrelated, elective surgery I had 2.5 weeks ago.

By the way, You really should be proud of yourself for taking this on with all of your other responsibilities. You're amazing!

On 09/07/2018 at 08:21, Matt Z said:

You neglected one of the most important parts of this. Water. Are you getting upwards of 128oz of Water a day? The human body needs water to break down fat. So if you aren't giving your body enough water to meet it's typically daily needs, fat loss is going to suffer.

You've got 3 kids, you can exercise with them as a game. Not only will you be getting your work out in, but so will they, and they will be happier and healthier for it.

Yea maybe your right I need more water, I just notice that because I am very constipated. Thanks

1 minute ago, anaosejo said:
4 hours ago, Matt Z said:

You neglected one of the most important parts of this. Water. Are you getting upwards of 128oz of Water a day? The human body needs Water to break down fat. So if you aren't giving your body enough water to meet it's typically daily needs, fat loss is going to suffer.

Yea maybe your right I need more water, I just notice that because I am very constipated. Thanks

Almost everyone neglects the importance of proper hydration. Also, make sure you are getting enough Fiber, if not, supplement! I take fiber supplements every morning because a Protein heavy diet isn't great with the required amounts of fiber.

On 09/07/2018 at 12:54, Matt Z said:

Yea maybe your right I need more Water, I just notice that because I am very constipated. Thanks

Almost everyone neglects the importance of proper hydration. Also, make sure you are getting enough Fiber, if not, supplement! I take fiber supplements every morning because a Protein heavy diet isn't great with the required amounts of fiber.

You know what is funny that at the beginning the Protein Shake gave me stomachache and diarrhea that I was a fried to have an accident, and now I am constipated. Lol. But definitely I will increase my water intake.

On 09/07/2018 at 09:13, sillykitty said:

Are you logging what you eat?

I try but sometime I forgot do you have any app to recommend to use to track my intake?