Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new to this forum just found it by googling. I am scheduled for surgery 9/11/2018. I am excited and also nervous, I am currently on the liquid diet and it really sucks. I am hungry...oh so hungry. It seems like this week has been taking forever to go by and I am not sure if I can make it:( . I also worry about returning to my bad habits and/or poor food choices after I have the surgery. I don't want all this to be for naught. I am also concerned with how my skin will look after I start dropping the weight, if my knees and back will stop hurting....oh so many worries...

Am I wrong for having these thoughts? Does this mean I am not ready?

1 minute ago, JuliaC110918 said:

I am new to this forum just found it by googling. I am scheduled for surgery 9/11/2018. I am excited and also nervous, I am currently on the liquid diet and it really sucks. I am hungry...oh so hungry. It seems like this week has been taking forever to go by and I am not sure if I can make it:( . I also worry about returning to my bad habits and/or poor food choices after I have the surgery. I don't want all this to be for naught. I am also concerned with how my skin will look after I start dropping the weight, if my knees and back will stop hurting....oh so many worries...

Seems like you are very ready. Fear/worry/anxiety about the surgery is normal. Your concerns about your eating habits mean you've accepted that you have eating habit issues, that's positive step forward.

Every time you feel you can't make it or are unsure if the choice, just remember all the reasons you wanted the surgery in the first place.

24 minutes ago, JuliaC110918 said:

No, it means you are normal! You will find that loads of us on the forums have struggled with the same issues. You can accomplish anything that you put first on your priority list.

Welcome to the forums! You'll find this to be a very friendly, supportive place to share and learn. I think the more you learn ahead of time, the more successful you're likely to be. Don't think you have to do this alone. Best wishes on your surgery.

As for your hunger - are you allowed Jello on your liquid diet? (They're all different) If so, sf jello helps to give a bit of feeling of "fullness" that you won't get from regular liquids.

all sounds normal to me. Felt the same. I'm 14 days post op. take it day by day.

Pre-op liquids and post-op liquids...oh they're the debil! :D

Good luck. You're totes norm. :)

Welcome!

My surgery is also on 9/11 and I am in the pre-op liquid only week. My mind has been VERY pre-occupied with my surgery this week and I'm sort of swinging back and forth between excitement and anxiety. I was terrified of the liquid diet. And while I don't love it, I am carrying on better than I thought I'd be able to. My surgeon is incredibly strict with advancing diet. So, I won't be having even purees until 8 weeks post op. It's hard to believe I won't be chewing anything until November. I am already anticipating a tiny bit of mashed potatoes at thanksgiving dinner. Perhaps not the healthiest fantasy, but.... I'm trying to just take one day at a time and keep my head in the game. Remember why I wanted this surgery to start and that one day, I will get to eat food again. Just less of it. :) And I'm eager for all the benefits that will come with weight loss. I have only been on the liquid diet since Tuesday morning and I've lost 9 pounds. It's wild! I wish you all the best this week and on your surgery date!

Welcome to the site. You guys got this!! Best of luck to you on your big day.

My surgery is also on 9/11 and I am in the pre-op liquid only week. My mind has been VERY pre-occupied with my surgery this week and I'm sort of swinging back and forth between excitement and anxiety. I was terrified of the liquid diet. And while I don't love it, I am carrying on better than I thought I'd be able to. My surgeon is incredibly strict with advancing diet. So, I won't be having even purees until 8 weeks post op. It's hard to believe I won't be chewing anything until November. I am already anticipating a tiny bit of mashed potatoes at thanksgiving dinner. Perhaps not the healthiest fantasy, but.... I'm trying to just take one day at a time and keep my head in the game. Remember why I wanted this surgery to start and that one day, I will get to eat food again. Just less of it. [emoji4] And I'm eager for all the benefits that will come with weight loss. I have only been on the liquid diet since Tuesday morning and I've lost 9 pounds. It's wild! I wish you all the best this week and on your surgery date!
I have the same surgery date! I'm feeling the same way. The liquid diet isn't as bad as I thought. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

Still in my 6 month process. Hope to get a date in November. Jus wanna wish you guys the best of luck. Prayers for strength at this time. There is a brighter, healthier and better life waiting for you. At your weakest you are tested to search for that strength within you. You gotta search deep but you will find that strength and be successful. Can’t wait to hear about your success later.

So, how are our 9/11-er’s doing?

On 09/11/2018 at 19:38, Screwballski said:

So, how are our 9/11-er’s doing?
My sleeve was on 9/10. Right now I’m having serious buyers remorse. At this point it feels like I’ll never feel halfway normal again. Has anyone else experienced a wierd almost ringing in their ears and a heightened sense of hearing? Like everything is extra loud.

Got released earlier today. Working on the gas pain. Walking and sipping like my life depends on it.

On 09/13/2018 at 07:48, Mandy1013 said:

My sleeve was on 9/10. Right now I’m having serious buyers remorse. At this point it feels like I’ll never feel halfway normal again. Has anyone else experienced a wierd almost ringing in their ears and a heightened sense of hearing? Like everything is extra loud.
That is odd! Has it gotten better?!

On 09/15/2018 at 21:45, Screwballski said:

That is odd! Has it gotten better?!
No, it hasn’t. I barely get any fluids in and no Protein. I’m supposed to see my dr on Wednesday, if I make it that long before i have to go get IV fluids. As soon as i wake up in the mornings, I usually feel pretty good and hope for a good day but by the time I sit up, i can feel the nausea and miserableness set in.