Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 9/5/18 Still in hospital

Post op/op details.
Still in hospital. Leak test scheduled for the AM. Gas pain and pressure is no joke! The feeling of needing to burp but not being able
To is annoying. Have walked some and peed some. More details re: intake and actual day of to come. Thanks everyone for your support! I’ll post every retrying on this thread for myself and others. Nothing has been a major surprise thus far due to the generosity of those willing to share on these forums. Dry lips, dry mouth, swollen throat. It’s all real but easier to handle bc I’ve been informed by y’all!

I'm sorry you feel bad. I've heard that it gets better. Hang in there and you will be fine! I am glad your surgery went well. I'm scheduled in four hours. I cannot sleep... {{{hugs}}}

@TX4everLinds it does get sooooo much better. I was sleeved about 7 days ago, no more gas or incision pains, I feel like a new woman. Best decision ever!!

Remember to walk, walk, walk it is KEY to moving the gas which hurts worse than the incisions to me 😆

I wish you a speedy recovery. 🌺

3 hours ago, TX4everLinds said:

Post op/op details.
Still in hospital. Leak test scheduled for the AM. Gas pain and pressure is no joke! The feeling of needing to burp but not being able
To is annoying. Have walked some and peed some. More details re: intake and actual day of to come. Thanks everyone for your support! I’ll post every retrying on this thread for myself and others. Nothing has been a major surprise thus far due to the generosity of those willing to share on these forums. Dry lips, dry mouth, swollen throat. It’s all real but easier to handle bc I’ve been informed by y’all!

Did they give you an incentive spirometer? If they did, **USE IT EVERY HOUR** If they didn't, get them to give you one, it helps get the gas out much faster than walking alone!

I am in less pain today. The walking has helped and I was finally able
To burp! 4 big burps already. Yes I have spirometer and it is difficult but it does help for sure. I just passed my leak test! So they should be giving me clear liquid something soon. Maybe a popsicle? I don’t know. They have been controlling pain with morphein so I slept most of the night unless someone was in my room. Has anyone heard from @frustr8

39 minutes ago, TX4everLinds said:

I am in less pain today. The walking has helped and I was finally able
To burp! 4 big burps already. Yes I have spirometer and it is difficult but it does help for sure. I just passed my leak test! So they should be giving me clear liquid something soon. Maybe a popsicle? I don’t know. They have been controlling pain with morphein so I slept most of the night unless someone was in my room. Has anyone heard from @frustr8

Yes, her surgery went well and she is doing fine so far.

6 hours ago, TX4everLinds said:

Post op/op details.

Glad your surgery is done. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Is there a list of things we should all know before surgery?? I’m scheduled for Monday. Idk the time yet. But I’m getting more worried as it gets closer! I think I wouldn’t be as scared if was informed of all the little things.

@mandy1013 I’d say just follow the rules. Also after my surgery when they brought me Clear Liquids they brought waaaay too much. So remember the rules you’ve already learned about sipping and tiny amounts. They brought me three medium sized
Cups with broth, caffeinated tea and diluted apple juice. I told her to just keep the tea snd I sipped the other’s. You gotta follow the rules you know bc the people at the hospital may or may not get it.
Take your tooth brush!
Walk a lot!
Don’t be nervous. You’ll have plenty of time for that afterwards lol. For instance I’m nervous to drink anything!

I mentioned id give more details about my day of and intake. It was pretty much like any other surgery. I arrived 2 hours early and they gave me Zantac, nausea meds, I also requested the patch for nausea. They put IV in and that took a few tries. Then the nurse anesthetist came in and gave me my first “cocktail.” Almost immediately they were wheeling me back and I was waving to everyone as we rolled past. That’s the last thing I remember!
I woke up in recovery and immediately felt the gas pain and pressure. I had my husband rub my back and kinda pound on it a little like burping a baby. Then I think I slept. I was moved to my private room after a short time in recovery and then I slept most of the rest of my time there except when someone came into my room or when I was walking laps.

On 09/06/2018 at 04:24, macadamia said:

I'm sorry you feel bad. I've heard that it gets better. Hang in there and you will be fine! I am glad your surgery went well. I'm scheduled in four hours. I cannot sleep... {{{hugs}}}

How did it go, mac? I just got home a little bit ago.

I had surgery 8/30 & initially they just gave me Water & had me do 30 ml every 15 minutes before moving to clear liquids. The tray they brought also had way to much but it gave me the option to choose what I preferred.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:31 AM, TX4everLinds said:

Post op/op details.

You are a champ for getting on here and sharing (and thinking of your surgery buddies). Such a big help to the folks that might be going through this in the next few days!