Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There is so much more about me than just weight-loss surgery... Very Long!

23 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

So glad you shared your story! Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking about you and your surgeons!

Thank you for saying so! You have been such an inspiration to me since I came here. Your posts are always informative and well written. I appreciate what you bring to this forum. (-:

25 minutes ago, FLHappyGirl said:

Thanks for sharing your story! You have had a difficult journey. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wish you much success in this next step. You've got this! :)

Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

14 minutes ago, iluvbears42@yahoo.com said:

I hope both surgeries work for you. Good luck.

Thank you! I am confident they will and I will be much better off for going through with them.

2 minutes ago, macadamia said:

Thank you for saying so! You have been such an inspiration to me since I came here. Your posts are always informative and well written. I appreciate what you bring to this forum. (-:

Well, thank you... making a girl blush over here. But seriously, keep us posted on how it goes!

1 minute ago, Christabelle said:

Thank you for sharing your story! I'll be be praying for you and that your surgeon is able to it laparoscopically tommorow!

Thank you! If the bariatric surgeon can do it laparoscopically, great! However, if he cannot, at least the skin he will be cutting through has never been cut through before. My upper abdomen is virgin when it comes to surgery. This will make for an easier recovery than the lower abdomen, where I have been opened three times prior and have a lot of scar tissue.

And, the bariatric surgeon really does not want to do it open. He says it makes his job much more difficult. They have perfected the surgery to be done laparoscopically and the tools work much better when used that way. They do not work as well when they are not locked within a trocar

4 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Well, thank you... making a girl blush over here. But seriously, keep us posted on how it goes!

Oh, if only... :P

you know I will...

Edited by macadamia

Wow! Am I rooting for your success with this all!!!! Prednisone is a cruel cruel (and miraculous) drug! And so is digestive diseases. I'm so sorry you've suffered and felt like you had to do this alone without a life partner. I pray this is the answer for final relief!!!

I know you've probably tried all things, but what happens when you go to a really pure diet of only protein/fat and very select veggies. NO gluten or things that cross-react with gluten (including dairy). Do you see any improvement at this point?

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Wow! Am I rooting for your success with this all!!!! Prednisone is a cruel cruel (and miraculous) drug! And so is digestive diseases. I'm so sorry you've suffered and felt like you had to do this alone without a life partner. I pray this is the answer for final relief!!!

I know you've probably tried all things, but what happens when you go to a really pure diet of only protein/fat and very select veggies. NO gluten or things that cross-react with gluten (including dairy). Do you see any improvement at this point?

Thank you! Prednisone is the worst drug I've ever had the misfortune of taking. If you look at the photos, all of the stretch marks are because of Prednisone. When it was first prescribed, I was on an ultra-high dose. I gained over 75 pounds in about three weeks. My skin never recovered. A couple of years later when the doctor said I needed to take it again, I said no way. That was when I opted for the first surgery back in 1995. It is the only drug that has ever made me rage. I was a mess when I was on it. Aside from the weight gain, I was so short-fused no one could stand to be around me. Once I stopped taking it, that all went away. IMHO, Prednisone is evil, plain and simple...

As for the Keto diet, I've tried it and the high fat made me ill and gave me acne really bad. I'm basically doing a modified keto, modified Atkins, which is high Protein and low carb. It has helped so far.

Edited by macadamia

Yeah, I was on prednisone for most of my first 11 years of life due to a blood disease that is very similar to leukemia. By 13 I had full-blown PCOS and was already starting to express some Cushing's Syndrome features. When I was in my 30s my asthma went out of control when I moved back to Houston and I was again on large dose of it both oral and inhaled. Instant 130lb gain within 1 year. Oh boy, such stretchies on my tums. But good news is they have mostly gone away with weight loss. So maybe you will experience the same?

((hugs)) and thanks for sharing your story and journey! You are inspirational.

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yeah, I was on prednisone for most of my first 11 years of life due to a blood disease that is very similar to leukemia. By 13 I had full-blown PCOS and was already starting to express some Cushing's Syndrome features. When I was in my 30s my asthma went out of control when I moved back to Houston and I was again on large dose of it both oral and inhaled. Instant 130lb gain within 1 year. Oh boy, such stretchies on my tums. But good news is they have mostly gone away with weight loss. So maybe you will experience the same?

((hugs)) and thanks for sharing your story and journey! You are inspirational.

Wow, you've had a tough road too! It would be nice if my stretch marks went away, but I doubt they will. I've lost weight in the past and they never did. We'll see about this time, but I think they are here to stay.

Thank you for saying so! {{{hugs}}}

3 minutes ago, macadamia said:

Wow, you've had a tough road too! It would be nice if my stretch marks went away, but I doubt they will. I've lost weight in the past and they never did. We'll see about this time, but I think they are here to stay.

Thank you for saying so! {{{hugs}}}

After carrying twins full-term, I can tell you that they will shrink and get pale, which is far less noticeable!

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

After carrying twins full-term, I can tell you that they will shrink and get pale, which is far less noticeable!

Ok, I'll remain optimistic. It will be interesting to see what I look like when I meet my goal. The last time I weighed close to 200 pounds was when I joined the Navy. I entered boot camp at 196 pounds with a size 37" waist and left boot camp 10-weeks later at 196 pounds, but with a 34" waist.