Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

I think you all are doing marvelous! I wish I was down 45+ lbs. I had surgery 10/17, and like my Surgery Twin stated it's my own little journey, but I should be down more...only 32lbs since surgery and that fluctuates 😡 My surgeon stated she is good with my progress because slower is better and fewer chances the weight will come back. Her goal was 10lbs a month, I am not terribly off of that goal. I am 5'9 and 278 day of surgery. I believe I am an inch girl due to my height because my pants are extremely loose and tops are trying but I am a 44F so that may take a while, I have not dropped a size yet, really havent tried a smaller size either. I do know I couldn't fit any of my clothes in my closet and now I can....idk, I still want more progress. You guys rock, one day at a time!

Side note, is anyone in the DC area looking for a workout partner.

2 minutes ago, Lolaj said:

I think you all are doing marvelous! I wish I was down 45+ lbs. I had surgery 10/17, and like my Surgery Twin stated it's my own little journey, but I should be down more...only 32lbs since surgery and that fluctuates 😡 My surgeon stated she is good with my progress because slower is better and fewer chances the weight will come back. Her goal was 10lbs a month, I am not terribly off of that goal. I am 5'9 and 278 day of surgery. I believe I am an inch girl due to my height because my pants are extremely loose and tops are trying but I am a 44F so that may take a while, I have not dropped a size yet, really havent tried a smaller size either. I do know I couldn't fit any of my clothes in my closet and now I can....idk, I still want more progress. You guys rock, one day at a time!

Side note, is anyone in the DC area looking for a workout partner.

You are doing fine. It is your personal journey. All the best to you as we all find our way. Just glad you are here to share. What is important is what your surgeon thinks. Don't worry, all things will come in time. Congratulations for taking charge of your life!

You are mine less 2 days. I wish it was quicker. Love that old smaller clothes are new to me and fitting again. Can’t wait to donate them

I feel great and like my surgery was successful and has made my life easier. Just took my first business trip in a few months and needed to buy new, straight size suits and didn't bring a seatbelt extender because I knew I wouldn't need it. Eating on the road went fine, lots of salads and yogurt. I haven't lost any hair and am getting close to Onederland. :)

This past month has been so stressful. I haven't lost a single pound. I have been the same size since Feb 10th. I stopped getting on the scale. I started counting my calories again. I'm only consuming about 500 - 700 per day. I don't snack. I get my Protein but I am struggling with my Water. My doctor wanted me to drop 30 lbs in 3 months. I guess it has to be 2 months now because month 1 was a fail

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9

15 hours ago, ms.sss said:

So how are my fellow October 2018 sleevers doing these days? We are at or nearing our five month post op marks, and hope everyone's doing well!!

I’ll be 5 months post op on October 16. I can’t believe how fast it’s gone by. Overall I’m really happy with my weight loss, 65 pounds! I’m fitting into much smaller clothes and feeling so much better, physically! I was hoping to not kiss my hair but it just recently started. It’s scary and I’m thankful I have thick hair! This past month the scale hasn’t moved much! I’m trying not to get to upset and remember how far I’ve come, but man it sucks to not see it move!

Overall, I feel great and I’m soooo happy that I had this surgery done! I hope all my fellow October peeps are doing well too!

I’ll be 5 months postop on 03/30 and am pretty happy with my results. So far I’ve lost 57 pounds and went down from size 20 to 14!
I am closer and closer to onederland and have been doing great with nutrition and exercise. I do HIIT workouts 6 times a week and have been eating 800-1100 calories, getting in Protein and Water.< br />
Both my surgeon and nutritionist are beyond happy with my results and as they said “I’m doing great, don’t change a thing”

I hope you are all happy and doing well too!

20 hours ago, ms.sss said:

So how are my fellow October 2018 sleevers doing these days? We are at or nearing our five month post op marks, and hope everyone's doing well!!

I will be five months post op on 3/29. While I do feel amazing and have managed to finally hit onederland this month, I still have days I feel discouraged that the progress has been so slow. (I've only lost 48 lbs since surgery - although I have to admit I lost an additional 22lbs in the six weeks before surgery bringing my total to 70 lbs since September). I'm down to a size 14 from a 24 and finally had to breakdown and get a new wardrobe. There are days I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. All in all it's been a positive experience for me but there have been a lot of life changes that have come with the surgery and the weight loss. I still can't seem to find time/ambition to do real exercise like CrossFit or HIIT training but have been meeting up with friends and walking/jogging four times a week. My 90 day follow up with my surgeon resulted in an increase in my daily Protein goals and a Vitamin A supplement but over all he was impressed with my progress (besides encouraging me to start a more intense exercise regime). So far I have 30 lbs to my surgeons goal and 60-70 to reach my PCP goal. It's been a long road but it has taught me I am capable of so much more than I thought I was.

CollageMaker Plus_2019310163036887.png

On 3/9/2019 at 7:03 PM, ms.sss said:

I'm really closer to 4 months (my surgery was 10/29) and, honestly, I wish I hadn't done it. First two months were great - felt good, eating/drinking was going fine, etc. Around month 3, the reflux started and slowly worsened. About a month ago, I started to get nauseated. Now I'm nauseated all the f'ing time. I eat less now than I did two months ago because I'm sick all the time. Sure, I've lost roughly 88 total, 80 since pre-op, and 66 since surgery (52% EWL). And it still is NOT worth it. Upper GI showed a small hernia, but no reflux. And they have no idea why I'm nauseated. On new reflux meds and nausea meds - hope they'll kick in soon. Doc says he wants to convert to bypass, but if they don't really know what is wrong, and they're worried about malnutrition already, and they can't really say if bypass will get rid of the nausea, then why would I do that? And all of this ignores that going to the bathroom is a struggle. Ugh. I am so stupid to have done this to myself.

Edited by notmyname

Doing pretty well. Only lost 3 pounds in the last month and trying not to let that get to me. Only 36.2 lost total since surgery. But all my health issues have resolved. That's the main reason I did this. I've lost 42" (CRAZY) and gone from a size 20 to a 14. And I'm 113 down from my highest weight so that's good too. The next goal: hoping to get off the CPAP! You are all doing great. Let's keep it up! Will be awesome to see where we are all at at one year!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so close to ONEderland that I can taste it! Lol...5 months in, 60 lbs down 🙌
I am so grateful for this surgery m, it really brought me back to life!

P.S. same pair of shorts on both pictures.

Have a great day y’all ❤️

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

22 minutes ago, JessLess said:

I hit Onderland today. I'm thrilled!

Yay!!!! Congrats! You look fantastic!

Me too!