Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

I’ve had a wonderful result from this journey.... I can shop in a regular store now!!! I don’t always have to get my clothes from Lane Bryant.
It’s just such a weird feeling.

43 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Ive found that I used to only be able to eat half a chicken breast at one sitting now I can almost eat a whole one. I’m worried that my stomach is stretching out too much. Anyone else had experience with this?

Maybe only put half a chicken breast in your plate so you’re not tempted to eat the whole thing? Once you’ve eaten half get up and leave the table.

4 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Ive found that I used to only be able to eat half a chicken breast at one sitting now I can almost eat a whole one. I’m worried that my stomach is stretching out too much. Anyone else had experience with this?

I have. Been trying to eat what I think is a reasonable amount of Protein (the half chicken breast, for example), then add fruits or vegetables. That's what my nutrition program says to do, anyway.

Ok, that’s probably about the same portion size then. I haven’t been adding veggies to my meals yet.

Isn't a chicken breast about 3 oz that seams ok to eat of you ate the whole tho g I don't know when you had the surgery but eventually my Dr said we are supposed to eat up to 6 oz plus a while chicken breast is all Protein so that's great within itself and I was told to eat my protein before my veggies. I think it's always gonna feel like were eating too much if we compare it to what we started with which was 1 to 2 OZ.

Ugh. Been having a rough couple weeks. I had a great first couple months. Now it seems to be going off the rails. I am nauseated every day - about 90% of my day. My reflux is not under control - even with 2 types of meds. And I seem to be able to eat less now than I could a month ago, and so I have to supplement more to get my Protein. And the Protein Shakes just make me more nauseated. At least all the nausea/reflux means I'm eating 100% on plan and still very few calories.

I'm going to call my doctor next week, but in reality I have jury duty for the next month and a half and I have to be there every day, so I won't be able to go in until the end of March. If this is how I'm going to feel, I'd really rather be fat. Lost about 80lbs (58 post surgery) and am really, really close to being Obese Class I (so low risk obese) - and if this doesn't all resolve itself soon, it will absolutely not have been worth it.

OK, pity party over. I'm going back to my regularly scheduled programming of deciding this is a thing I did, it isn't reversible, so I need to look at the good side. I just needed to get the whining out.

You may be getting gallbladder symptoms. Are you on meds for that.

On 02/18/2019 at 16:39, Nick11 said:

You may be getting gallbladder symptoms. Are you on meds for that.
I am and take them religiously. Will have to look up gallbladder issues. I’ve been thinking it’s just the reflux making me nauseous

I’m a little curious as to how many calories are you guys consuming daily.
I’m staying between 900-1300 and found that if I have less than 900 I hit stalls! I am thinking is because of the high intensity workouts I ak doing now and need more calories to burn more? 🤷‍♀️

4 minutes ago, Freiabr said:

I’m a little curious as to how many calories are you guys consuming daily.
I’m staying between 900-1300 and found that if I have less than 900 I hit stalls! I am thinking is because of the high intensity workouts I ak doing now and need more calories to burn more? 🤷‍♀️

I'm at between 600-700 (but my NUT says I should be at more like 700-800 or more and getting a bit higher every week). But see my post above - I have been pretty nauseated and am eating less than I was able to about a month ago. I do Pilates 1-2x/week, do 30mn weight training with my trainer once a week, and do 30-40 mn on the treadmill or bike 3-4 times a week.

3 minutes ago, notmyname said:

I'm at between 600-700 (but my NUT says I should be at more like 700-800 or more and getting a bit higher every week). But see my post above - I have been pretty nauseated and am eating less than I was able to about a month ago. I do Pilates 1-2x/week, do 30mn weight training with my trainer once a week, and do 30-40 mn on the treadmill or bike 3-4 times a week.

I was getting 700-800 a month ago and hit a 3-week stall. I started a Beachbody program by trainer Shaun T and had to increase my intake to keep energy up for workouts. Is 6 days a week of high intensity 30-min workouts plus yoga on Sundays. I've lost 4 lbs last week consuming 1100-1200 calories. My NUT said not to go over 1450 though, I've been following that and losing...I get a little anxious with the amount of calories although everything is pretty lean and high Protein.

I was eating under 800 and since I've gone up to 1,000-1,200 I've been losing faster. I jumped from a size 18 plus to a size 16 regular VERY quickly.

I honestly wish I could eat a little more. I'd love to be able to get my Protein without shakes, but there is no way for me to do it on most days without a shake and a glass of fairlife milk. And, frankly, my NUT would like me to be getting more like 90g protein instead of the 70g I'm getting now.