Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

My 1 year anniversary is Thursday, and I have an appointment with my bariatric team to talk about what's next/how to move to maintenance.

SW: 275

Surgery Date: 265

Doctor's Goal: 165

My Goal: 150

Current Weight: 144

Revised Goal: 130 (ish? Starting to think I may just need skin removal/plastic surgery versus more actual weight loss)

I am so pleased with my progress, and am now focused on strength training. Over the course of the last year, I have started working out again, gotten rid of high blood pressure, diabetes (officially in remission now!), and high cholesterol, regained control of my eating habits (this is ongoing- for life!!) and addressed my emotional and binge eating behaviors. I weigh less than my normal-sized husband for the first time since he's known me (15+ years). I affectionately refer to him as "fat", now that he weighs more than me. (He has always been at a healthy BMI and gets a big kick out of being "the fattest one in the family".)

I have much more confidence in myself and life in general. Throughout this last year I also got a promotion and big raise at work, and by this time next month, I will have my master's degree in the books. My husband and I are working to purchase a local business (fingers, toes, and hair crossed that things pan out!). I have hope for a long, healthy life with my husband and children.

That's great for some reason I'm not too happy with my numbers I started at 278 I'm now 218 went down from an 18 to a 12 that I'm happy with but I seem to can't get out the 200s. I feel I should have lost at least another 20lbs by now its just moving extremely slow it's very frustrating . Is anybody else having this issue just curious 😫

13 minutes ago, Yvonne47 said:

That's great for some reason I'm not too happy with my numbers I started at 278 I'm now 218 went down from an 18 to a 12 that I'm happy with but I seem to can't get out the 200s. I feel I should have lost at least another 20lbs by now its just moving extremely slow it's very frustrating . Is anybody else having this issue just curious 😫

Hi Yvonne! Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary. I’m so happy with my results but I’m stuck at 200! I started at 285 so, again thrilled but so frustrated with not seeing lower than that. I’ve been at this weight for about two months now. I think we’re all doing great!

Hey Yvonne and Georgetown!

Georgetown you were sleeved on my bday! I was sleeved 10/17 and I too am frustrated with the slow progress. I was hoping to be 190 at this point. I started out at 300, sleeved at 278 and currently 229, I went from a size18 to a size 12 also. So it appears we have very similar results, perhaps, I have put too much high expectation on where I should be... after hearing similar results, I am hopeful again. I saw a really good post on FB about realistic results after WLS - at 12 months 70+ lbs, 18 months was 90+ lbs. If I find it I will post it. Had my 1-year follow-up with my Surgeon, he was happy with my results and told me to stop the Snacks in between meals, and I should see some accelerated results. Keep going, you are doing well! Slow is better (I repeat this to myself often) and less likely to come back on. You got this!

8 minutes ago, Lolaj said:

Hey Yvonne and Georgetown!

Georgetown you were sleeved on my bday! I was sleeved 10/17 and I too am frustrated with the slow progress. I was hoping to be 190 at this point. I started out at 300, sleeved at 278 and currently 229, I went from a size18 to a size 12 also. So it appears we have very similar results, perhaps, I have put too much high expectation on where I should be... after hearing similar results, I am hopeful again. I saw a really good post on FB about realistic results after WLS - at 12 months 70+ lbs, 18 months was 90+ lbs. If I find it I will post it. Had my 1-year follow-up with my Surgeon, he was happy with my results and told me to stop the Snacks in between meals, and I should see some accelerated results. Keep going, you are doing well! Slow is better (I repeat this to myself often) and less likely to come back on. You got this!

Thank you for the encouragement lolaj! It’s nice to know I’m not alone in feeling this way. I am so grateful for having the opportunity to have this surgery and I am thrilled with my result but you do get stuck on the number! I told my husband that, when you’ve spent your life starring at that stupid number in the scale, it stays with you! I also need to stop snacking and I know more cardio will help me! Onwards and upwards!

Everyone is doing great. My 1 year will be 10/26/2019. My weight loss has slowed down but that is because of me and stress. My doctor's goal is 140, my goal is 130. Best to all of you!

I'll be hitting the year mark on the 29th. I FINALLY started feeling a bit better about a month ago. I can finally eat more than yogurt without pain/getting sick. So, SO thankful. My first few months, I was creating such good habits - cooking every night, eating healthy stuff. When I started feeling like death in February, all that went out the window because all I could eat was soft foods like yogurt, cheese, or milk. So, here I am, nearly a year out, and I have to start over trying to create the healthy habits. And for some reason it seems harder now than right after surgery, but I'll do it.

Now that I can eat, my loss has slowed. I'm up and down a lot, still about 1-2# down in a month. I'm down 135 total, 114 since surgery. Lost 90% EWL and am down to a 26.7 BMI. I'm now a 12/14 (depending on the brand), down from a 24/26. But I still look super flabby. We'll see how it all shakes out now that I can actually eat.

Edited by notmyname

Oh thank you I feel better now we'll get there I can't lie I like to snack too I need to reset myself especially with the holidays coming. I was more limited last Thanksgiving so I have to be careful this time around. Thanks again. If you can please post that fir me thanks.

15 hours ago, KT1981 said:

My 1 year anniversary is Thursday, and I have an appointment with my bariatric team to talk about what's next/how to move to maintenance.

SW: 275

Surgery Date: 265

Doctor's Goal: 165

My Goal: 150

Current Weight: 144

Revised Goal: 130 (ish? Starting to think I may just need skin removal/plastic surgery versus more actual weight loss)

I am so pleased with my progress, and am now focused on strength training. Over the course of the last year, I have started working out again, gotten rid of high blood pressure, diabetes (officially in remission now!), and high cholesterol, regained control of my eating habits (this is ongoing- for life!!) and addressed my emotional and binge eating behaviors. I weigh less than my normal-sized husband for the first time since he's known me (15+ years). I affectionately refer to him as "fat", now that he weighs more than me. (He has always been at a healthy BMI and gets a big kick out of being "the fattest one in the family".)

I have much more confidence in myself and life in general. Throughout this last year I also got a promotion and big raise at work, and by this time next month, I will have my master's degree in the books. My husband and I are working to purchase a local business (fingers, toes, and hair crossed that things pan out!). I have hope for a long, healthy life with my husband and children.

Awesome!!!!!

Hi everyone. I posted a few things yesterday but felt I needed to today since is one year for me today! I’m totally I've lost 85 pounds, 72 since the surgery. I’ve also lost 47 inches! I’m so happy with the loss but had wished for more. I just have to stay on track and not lose sight of my goals!

This past year has been an emotional roller coaster for me not because of the surgery but because my dad was very sick. I found myself traveling back and forth to Florida a lot to be with him and he passed away in August. The last thing he said to me was how great he thought I looked! I try to remember that as I move forward into year two.

Besides this sadness, so many great things happened for me this year. I fit comfortably into an airplane seat with lots of room left in the seatbelt! I went from a size 18/20 to a size 12/14 and size large tops! My feet don’t hurt anymore when I walk long distances and I’m no longer on blood pressure meds! Yay! I have so much more confidence in myself and I finally feel healthy!

The next year will be challenging to reach my goal but I’ve come this far and I’m not going to stop now!

I wish you all good health and continued success on your journey! You’re all doing fabulous!

2 hours ago, Georgetown said:

Hi everyone. I posted a few things yesterday but felt I needed to today since is one year for me today! I’m totally I've lost 85 pounds, 72 since the surgery. I’ve also lost 47 inches! I’m so happy with the loss but had wished for more. I just have to stay on track and not lose sight of my goals!

This past year has been an emotional roller coaster for me not because of the surgery but because my dad was very sick. I found myself traveling back and forth to Florida a lot to be with him and he passed away in August. The last thing he said to me was how great he thought I looked! I try to remember that as I move forward into year two.

Besides this sadness, so many great things happened for me this year. I fit comfortably into an airplane seat with lots of room left in the seatbelt! I went from a size 18/20 to a size 12/14 and size large tops! My feet don’t hurt anymore when I walk long distances and I’m no longer on blood pressure meds! Yay! I have so much more confidence in myself and I finally feel healthy!

The next year will be challenging to reach my goal but I’ve come this far and I’m not going to stop now!

I wish you all good health and continued success on your journey! You’re all doing fabulous!

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. On a good note...CONGRATULATIONS on losing the weight and continued success.

Friday will be my 1 year anniversary. I'm down to 157 lbs. from 248 lbs. back in June 2018. Waist size went from 50" to 38". I was considering the surgery for a few years and the final straw was two hernias that need to be addressed. I'll be going to the same surgeon for that. I look at the whole process as a second chance to get things right with my health, and was glad to get off diabetic medication. Another reason was a desire to get my daughter active in scouting, and I wanted to particpate with her. We are definitely eating a whole lot better as a family and we're doing a lot more activities. Now the challenge is maintenance but I think I've developed some good habits. Tracking weight and food intake on the Baritastic app has been very helpful for me.

22 hours ago, JessLess said:

Hey everyone! My 1-year appointment is tomorrow. I've logged in here almost every day and the support has really helped me stay on track.

My start weight was 250 and my original goal was 175. I'm now at 169 with a revised goal of 150. I'm very, very happy with how everything has gone and I think I can keep the habits I've established for the foreseeable future and hope to lose more.

Congrats on surpassing GOOOAAAAALLLL!!

22 hours ago, KT1981 said:

I have much more confidence in myself and life in general.

This is probably the best benefit from this surgery ❤️

18 hours ago, notmyname said:

I'll be hitting the year mark on the 29th. I FINALLY started feeling a bit better about a month ago. I can finally eat more than yogurt without pain/getting sick. So, SO thankful. My first few months, I was creating such good habits - cooking every night, eating healthy stuff. When I started feeling like death in February, all that went out the window because all I could eat was soft foods like yogurt, cheese, or milk. So, here I am, nearly a year out, and I have to start over trying to create the healthy habits. And for some reason it seems harder now than right after surgery, but I'll do it.

Now that I can eat, my loss has slowed. I'm up and down a lot, still about 1-2# down in a month. I'm down 135 total, 114 since surgery. Lost 90% EWL and am down to a 26.7 BMI. I'm now a 12/14 (depending on the brand), down from a 24/26. But I still look super flabby. We'll see how it all shakes out now that I can actually eat.

Glad you are feeling better. I know it was tough for you for a while ❤️