Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

On 05/23/2019 at 12:32, Georgetown said:

You look fantastic! Congrats!

Still long way to go but thank you! I am so proud of me hehe

As you should be!!!!

I’ve lost almost 80lbs but weight loss has seriously slowed down. My hair is still falling out and my cholesterol went up!! Not happy... :(

2 hours ago, JennieJuniper said:

and my cholesterol went up!

So did mine. My PCP was was so surprised that he ordered another round of blood tests to re-check. Hopefully it was a mistake of some kind because I don't want to go back to taking meds :(

Edited by ms.sss

On 05/25/2019 at 18:34, ms.sss said:

So did mine. My PCP was was so surprised that he ordered another round of blood tests to re-check. Hopefully it was a mistake of some kind because I don't want to go back to taking meds :(

I can’t believe I’m now taking meds for cholesterol. I was so sure it would go down after losing weight.

I haven’t lost any weight in weeks. Is anyone else struggling past the 6 month mark? Did I just lose all I’m going to? I need to exercise more but I moved and had to put my elliptical in storage :-(

On 06/01/2019 at 09:01, JennieJuniper said:

I can’t believe I’m now taking meds for cholesterol. I was so sure it would go down after losing weight.

I haven’t lost any weight in weeks. Is anyone else struggling past the 6 month mark? Did I just lose all I’m going to? I need to exercise more but I moved and had to put my elliptical in storage :-(
I had a stop too, and I was quite sad , but I started intermittent fasting and it is really helping me. Helped with snacking, cravings and moved the scale down ! Cholesterol though is not purely weight related... my mother’s side family they all have high cholesterol (I mean extremely high numbers not just above the limit) but it’s hereditary...

My scale stopped too. I’ve been stalled for at least a month and a half. I’ve been running a lot more so I suspect if has something to do with not taking in enough calories. I also started some intermittent fasting so we’ll see if that helps any! My clothes have felt better during the stall, so that’s something!

4 hours ago, RoRoKitty said:

I had a stop too, and I was quite sad , but I started intermittent fasting and it is really helping me. Helped with snacking, cravings and moved the scale down ! Cholesterol though is not purely weight related... my mother’s side family they all have high cholesterol (I mean extremely high numbers not just above the limit) but it’s hereditary...

Yeah...my PCP told me last week that I have to go back on cholesterol meds. I guess I have the hereditary kind *sigh*.

Also, yay @RoRoKitty, you sound/read really happy and content, congrats!

Hi everyone...how are you all doing?

I am in Brazil since 04/30 because my mother had a heart attack followed by kidney failure, pneumonia and pulmonary edema ☹️ she was only able to have heart surgery (triple bypass) on 06/25 and is still in the hospital...I’ve been with her in the hospital since I arrived and will stay here until August to help her through recovery...needless to say, I haven’t really paid attention to what I eat and stopped exercising. Still, I managed to lose 16 lbs and am now 83 lbs down with another 35 to go! I started exercising this week and eating better so I can be at my goal weight by the obe year mark! It’s a daunting task but I’ll try my best to get there by 10/30 🤞

Best if luck to you all!

@freiabr I’m so sorry to hear about your mother! I hope it all works out for you. You must be doing something right out there if you’re still losing! Sometimes other things are just more important.

So my scale moved for the first time in 2 months - I gained 7 pounds!!!! In a week and a half. I’m livid. I started a new anti depressant and I knew it was making me hungry but I never expected that huge increase. Needless to say, we are switching me to a different medication lol

Has anyone tried intermittent fasting? Can someone explain how it works and if you’ve seen results?
I see my surgeon and NUT next week because I’m so upset about the weight gain and hope they can get me back on track.

@freiabr - I'm so sorry about your mother. I hope she recovers soon!

As for me, I'm doing much better than I was in months 3-4, but still feel like warmed over poo most of the time. I'm starting to finally be able to eat more types of food and more than a TBL or so at a time, but I feel a little like I lost the months right after surgery creating healthy patterns. Instead, I was just eating to survive since all I could eat at a time was two cracker cuts of cheese or a Tablespoon of hummus (this was around month 4-5). So now that I can eat a bit more, I just need to stop eating like a toddler and go back to what I was doing in months 2-3 where I was actually cooking. I still desperately miss veggies - even now the only way to get all my Protein is to ONLY eat protein. And, frankly, I'm still on the lower end of protein for what my NUT would like me to have. Sometimes (well, fairly often), I wish I could waive a wand, take back the 120 lbs I've lost since pre-op, and feel better again. The only reason I did this was to avoid having complications of weight and feeling bad in the future, when my reality is that I just made myself more physically ill now and will have to live with it longer. But that's not how life works - you can't undo certain choices, so I'm working with a therapist on how to mentally move forward given the decisions I made.

And may @freiabr and You Yourself receive the healings you both need. And please continue to update us as your journey unfolds.

@Freiabr like the rest, I'm sorry about your mom. She is lucky to have you around ♥️.

16 lbs in roughly 2 months! At this rate, getting to your goal by October is totally doable...keep doing what you are doing. Sounds like you have found a groove, stay in it!

As for me, I reached my modified goal at the end of May. I originally had a goal of 120, but changed it to 127 cuz I wanted to stop losing weight. But....I kept losing anyway. Though just recently, the weight loss seems to have stopped-ish as I have been hovering around 118-120 for the past week and a bit. We'll see...

Hope things continue to get better with your Mom!

10 hours ago, JennieJuniper said:

Has anyone tried intermittent fasting? Can someone explain how it works and if you’ve seen results?
I see my surgeon and NUT next week because I’m so upset about the weight gain and hope they can get me back on track

Check out this long running thread on IF, lots of good resources and discussions:

@notmyname, glad to hear thing are getting better (if even just a little bit :) )...is your team still recommending a revision for you?