Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Good morning everyone

I just took my 6-month pics (although I’ll be 6 months on the 30th) and wanted to share my results with you all.
I lost a total of 71 lbs and 69” overall. Down from size 20 to 12 and pretty damn happy I had this surgery! I still have 47 lbs to lose and intend on reaching my goal weight by October. Even if I don’t reach my goal I am still happy with my results.

Have a great day y’all

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

22 minutes ago, Freiabr said:

Good morning everyone

I just took my 6-month pics (although I’ll be 6 months on the 30th) and wanted to share my results with you all.
I lost a total of 71 lbs and 69” overall. Down from size 20 to 12 and pretty damn happy I had this surgery! I still have 47 lbs to lose and intend on reaching my goal weight by October. Even if I don’t reach my goal I am still happy with my results.

Have a great day y’all

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

Amazing!!!!!

Wow.. I’ve been MIA for awhile and just logged into check on my fellow sleeve members and have to say.. I am amazed!!

You’re all doing so 👏🏽

Personally, I’ve been struggling last couple months and have gained(not too much) but enough to make me sit back and re-evaluate why I did this to begin with.

So, I dug up some old pics and posted them in front of my treadmill as a reminder of where I DONT want to be.

I needed some outside motivation as well which is why I logged on to see how the rest of you guys were doing... definitely re-inspired me to get back on track.

..Keep up the great work !!!

Update from me: I still feel pretty cruddy all the time, but better than I was a couple months ago. I’m traveling right now and (for better or worse) have figured out that I can eat more types of food than I thought i could. Pretty much only rice and fluffy bread make me feel worse than other things). The good thing (and, frankly, the bad thing) is that I’ve been able to enjoy the food in Portugal. Mostly eggs for Breakfast and seafood for dinner, with a coffee break during the day. I’ve had a couple half glasses of wine (basically one a week) and a couple mini-pastries (OK, more than a couple, but at least they make them small). I’ve still eaten far less than I would normally on vacation. I haven’t been on a scale in two weeks, but I feel like I might have gained (I’ve NEVER gained traveling, I always lose). I’ll have to see if its all in my head when I get home. Overall, I don’t regret the things I shouldn’t have eaten, but I have no desire to continue to eat like this at home. so, that’s good. It was also nice having some time off logging everything I ate (since I have no idea what I was eating half the time) - again, happy to get back to it once I’m home. I have another few days over here visiting friends, then back to the grind.

. It is nice to fit better in airplane seats and have no problem walking up and down (and up and down and up and down....) the MANY STEEP hills in Portugal, but it still isn’t worth feeling like crud every day. I still have a vain hope that one day I wont feel like total crap every day, but after 6 months, that hope is kind of fading. But, the more I think about it all, the more I realize I’m not converting to bypass. It would have been far too hard to get around and eat over here if I was in danger of having dumping - and that’s even if I’d skipped the pastries. And travel is far too important to me to make it any harder to do.

Hope everyone else is doing well 6 months out ( I suppose some of you are closer to 7 months now - I had my surgery in late October).

The scale has really slowed lately but today I managed a non scale victory that helped make me smile....my first carnival ride....my son in law convinced me to try (since I still tend to see myself larger than I am) and not only did I fit but all safety belts and restraints latched without additional "help" from ride attendants and not once did I have to ask for a belt extension. Its a small victory but one that I will enjoy this summer. (My husband's employer sends us to cedar point every year....not the most enjoyable experience when you can't fit on a roller coaster. Not this year!!!! 😊)

IMG_4864.jpg

7 hours ago, Bmanns01 said:

The scale has really slowed lately but today I managed a non scale victory that helped make me smile....my first carnival ride....my son in law convinced me to try (since I still tend to see myself larger than I am) and not only did I fit but all safety belts and restraints latched without additional "help" from ride attendants and not once did I have to ask for a belt extension. Its a small victory but one that I will enjoy this summer. (My husband's employer sends us to cedar point every year....not the most enjoyable experience when you can't fit on a roller coaster. Not this year!!!! 😊)

IMG_4864.jpg

That’s a huge victory! You look so happy! Congrats!!!!

On 4/30/2019 at 7:29 AM, notmyname said:

I still feel pretty cruddy all the time, but better than I was a couple months ago.

Are you taking any meds to alleviate the crudiness?

8 hours ago, Bmanns01 said:

IMG_4864.jpg

Yay you!!

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

Are you taking any meds to alleviate the crudiness?

They put me on a stronger PPI, nausea meds, and some new specific Vitamins. I think that's what is helping. I'm on far more meds now than I was when I was 100# heavier. Maybe I'll keep feeling better and better and one day won't long for the days when I was obese and healthier.

My before and after 60 lbs down. My health is better and my legs don't hurt anymore when I walk. The weight is coming off slowly but its going. I went for my 6 month check and the doctor is happy with my results. He would like for me to drop another 20 lbs by August. I'm happy I got the procedure done.

Wow You look So Happy, just the newest in a line of Good Things Coming Your way!

Hello all! I weighted myself this morning and I was happy to see that I am -65kilos from when I started, that is 143lbs less !
Still have about 40 kilos more to lose (88-90lbs) but I am already so happy, reaching the weight I had in my university years (and that was like 20 years ago)
Congrats to all of us for taking the decision and doing the best we can for ourselves !!

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

oh RoRo Kitty, it is so good to hear from you again! 65 Kilos down, that is wonderful in any measurement, a couple of my doctors use metric, being weighed, 90+ kilo , never thought I would see that , like you, it has been years. And also I weigh less than my son, I'm thrilled, I'm proud, he's peeved and now says " I need to see your surgeon" I am. Morbidly,Obese, BMI,is 38, mine is 33, which,entitles me to be simply" obese" and it gives me hope I will acheive"overweight" ,instead.

57 minutes ago, RoRoKitty said:

Hello all! I weighted myself this morning and I was happy to see that I am -65kilos from when I started, that is 143lbs less !
Still have about 40 kilos more to lose (88-90lbs) but I am already so happy, reaching the weight I had in my university years (and that was like 20 years ago)
Congrats to all of us for taking the decision and doing the best we can for ourselves !!

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

You look fantastic! Congrats!

On 05/23/2019 at 11:47, Frustr8 said:

oh RoRo Kitty, it is so good to hear from you again! 65 Kilos down, that is wonderful in any measurement, a couple of my doctors use metric, being weighed, 90+ kilo , never thought I would see that , like you, it has been years. And also I weigh less than my son, I'm thrilled, I'm proud, he's peeved and now says " I need to see your surgeon" I am. Morbidly,Obese, BMI,is 38, mine is 33, which,entitles me to be simply" obese" and it gives me hope I will acheive"overweight" ,instead.
That is amazing! I would be so thrilled if I ever get to reach 90kilos!! I am 140 at the moment and my goal is to first reach 110. Then I will decide if I want to go down to just 100 or reach 90! I am so happy already though and continuing to the beat of my abilities :)