Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

I really doubt you stretched it. Forgive yourself and move forward.
Thanks for all the support you guys

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I was waiting for my doctor's appointment to post my update. This is what my doctor put in my notes.

"Jessica is 6 months following laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. She has lost 57 pounds or 58 % of her initial excess weight. This is ahead of schedule for typical weight loss at this time following surgery.

She denies any nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain and is working to maintain a healthy balanced diet. She should continue to focus on Protein intake and hydration."
I am very, very happy with how things are going. My doctor has a higher goal (175) than I do because once I saw I could do it, I thought I could lose more. So we will see.
😁:286_four_leaf_clover:

I’m over half way there!!! Yes!!!! Had to take progress pictures because I was getting super frustrated with the scale! image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.f7ba0449cd3490c7525d4d772ea89225.jpg
You look awesome!

I was waiting for my doctor's appointment to post my update. This is what my doctor put in my notes.
"Jessica is 6 months following laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. She has lost 57 pounds or 58 % of her initial excess weight. This is ahead of schedule for typical weight loss at this time following surgery.
She denies any nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain and is working to maintain a healthy balanced diet. She should continue to focus on Protein intake and hydration." I am very, very happy with how things are going. My doctor has a higher goal (175) than I do because once I saw I could do it, I thought I could lose more. So we will see. :286_four_leaf_clover:
Woohoo, that's great!! Keep it up!

2 hours ago, JulieL123 said:

I’m over half way there!!! Yes!!!! Had to take progress pictures because I was getting super frustrated with the scale!

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

you are looking great, what a transformation! congratulations!!!!

p.s. your shoulders are very nice...you must be doing arm raises :99_muscle:

2 hours ago, JessLess said:

She denies any nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain and is working to maintain a healthy balanced diet. She should continue to focus on Protein intake and hydration."
I am very, very happy with how things are going. My doctor has a higher goal (175) than I do because once I saw I could do it, I thought I could lose more. So we will see.
😁:286_four_leaf_clover:

YEESSSSSS! Good job, lady :)

So today is my 6th month anniversary day!

96.9 lbs lost since my 2-wk pre-op liquid diet. My BMI in October was 43.2, this morning, I clocked in at 25.4, I,m sooooo close to the top end of the "normal" BMI range for my height. Yay me!

I wrote a longer-ish update here as I didn't want to double post 😉 :

btw, I also have a (beloved) spreadsheet that details inches and lbs lost by post-op week, post-op month, and calendar month. I was going to post it, but I'm not sure if its very interesting to anyone, lol. but I can post it/dm it if anyone is interested.

Just had my 6 month follow up on Monday (actual six month date will be 4/29). The surgeon says he is pleased with my current progress as I have already lost 47.7% of my excess weight. This seems low to me but the scale seems to have stalled out since I started exercising at the beginning of the year. (TO be fair i should clarify it is not a complete stall but just a drastic slow down. ) I am still on the graduated intake and in the process of expanding to 4-6oz of food per meal. I have found that some of the meats and heavier foods are harder to get in the additional amounts without feeling uncomfortable or bloated. But I am determined to keep pushing forward with the plan and see how far I can get. I am almost certain at this point and the current rate of loss that my goal (125lbs) will not be achieved by 11/1 but if it isn't I don't want it to be because I gave up or didn't try. I have discovered that getting slimmer doesn't always mean getting healthier as I seem to have developed a low blood pressure issue that is being monitored and the exercise is causing some chaffing/rash issues under my arms and on my legs that I am learning to manage. Its hard not to get frustrated with everything happening (and the scale not moving) but I just keep telling myself that this WILL be better for me in the long run and when this is all said and done I will be better off than I was before.

Ive also taken to doing comparison shots from different periods of my weight loss to remind myself that even if the scale isn't moving there are still positive changes happening. It also helps to read everyone else's experiences and updates and to know that even though i am frustrated, we are all on our own journey and we are all progressing at our own pace. I cant let myself get drug down without pulling myself back up and getting back to work. It is going to take time and effort but I can do this.

CollageMaker Plus_201941318412729.png

CollageMaker Plus_2019413182748920.png

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

96.9 lbs lost since my 2-wk pre-op liquid diet. My BMI in October was 43.2, this morning, I clocked in at 25.4, I,m sooooo close to the top end of the "normal" BMI range for my height. Yay me!

I wrote a longer-ish update here as I didn't want to double post 😉 :

btw, I also have a (beloved) spreadsheet that details inches and lbs lost by post-op week, post-op month, and calendar month. I was going to post it, but I'm not sure if its very interesting to anyone, lol. but I can post it/dm it if anyone is interested.

Wow, so exciting and such a wonderful journey for you. I need to step it up. LOL!

Can you share your meals?

18 minutes ago, llhill said:

Can you share your meals?

On a normal day, each meal consists of 1-2 oz of some sort of protien & 1/4 to 1/2 cup of some sort of veggie OR a Protein Powder smoothie (protein powder + instant coffee crystals + Benefibre).

Here is what I ate yesterday (wasn't a good veggie day though...).

image.thumb.png.2fc2e4a7482dd9283b838d5d686f64b7.png

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

On a normal day, each meal consists of 1-2 oz of some sort of protien & 1/4 to 1/2 cup of some sort of veggie OR a Protein Powder smoothie (protein powder + instant coffee crystals + Benefibre).

Here is what I ate yesterday (wasn't a good veggie day though...).

image.thumb.png.2fc2e4a7482dd9283b838d5d686f64b7.png

This is great. Thanks so much. I will start to track as well because it seems I haven't been doing that well on Protein. I haven't been so mindful about it. Now calculating, I'm about 15-25g short.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:21 AM, ms.sss said:

I meant to post a before and after/progress pic earlier but I just got around to taking a picture this morning. Here it is...same dress, different bod:

1620643F-B0EA-42AA-9261-AFC6D3FA3CC2.jpeg

58 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I meant to post a before and after/progress pic earlier but I just got around to taking a picture this morning. Here it is...same dress, different bod:

1620643F-B0EA-42AA-9261-AFC6D3FA3CC2.jpeg

Awesome! Great job!