Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

1 hour ago, aapb79Gmail.com said:

I was 227 before I started my prep diet 10 days before surgery...On the date of my surgery I was 213 I am now 166...Some of the weight I lost it was very quick but there are numbers like I was stuck at 194 for a month, I was stuck at 186 for a month, and I have been stuck at 166 for about 2 1/2 weeks.....So don't be so hard on yourself it will come off, some months are easier than others!

you are doing well too!

25 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Im sorry you are having a crappy time. Did you consider maybe seeing another Dr/getting a second, third, fourth opinion?

I've thought about it, but not sure who to go to. I saw 3 surgeons before I chose mine, and really didn't like the others. If I don't start feeling better soon, I'll have to see someone else.

2 hours ago, kathy060464 said:

Since starting this journey last April I have lost a total of 90 pounds

AAAAwesome.

I have 23 lbs to goal weight. My procedure was done on Oct 29 starting weight 217 highest weight was 227. I've loss 50 lbs. My current weight is 168. I had a stall for a little over a month. I finally loss 5 lbs at the end of March. I haven't loss any hair. Just normal shedding. I started taking collagen peptides and Biotin drops at 3 months out. Thanks to someone in the group for posting.

You all. We all are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Okay, October sleevers, its April 1st tomorrow and that means we will all be hitting our 6 month marks over the next 30-31 days. Would love to hear/read about everyone's progress and updates as we all reach our 6-month-surgiverssaries (yes, i know that's not a real word, so I don't know how to spell it!).

Hope to hear from everyone :) (even its its just to say hey whats up...)

Sounds like everyone is doing well for the most part! We are all on our own journeys and its hard not to compare. I will be 6 months post op on April 16. Hard to believe! I haven't had blood work done yet but will for my next apt so I don't know what those numbers will say, however, what I can say is I have lost almost 70 pounds, 53 since surgery, and I have lost a lot of inches.

My hair started to fall out about a month ago and I added the Biotin, which I think is starting to help. I've been at the same weight for the past two months. It's frustrating but I did weigh myself this morning and lost about 3 pounds so I am happy to have left the 220's behind! My old, small clothes, fit me again, which I am thrilled about!

My husband and I recently went to Mexico to an all-inclusive resort and I was proud of how I was able to not overindulge like I would have in the past. I did indulge a little but I came home the same weight that I left! I saw a picture of myself and couldn't believe it was me!

I've had really bad back/hip pain for the past few months which has really stopped me from exercising the way I need to. I am still exercising, just not enough to make the weight come off. I think my body is just getting used to this new way of living. I am going for acupuncture tomorrow, and I am really hoping it will help with the pain!

Everyone keep up the good work! Slow and steady wins the race!

The restriction is still so real. I went yo chick fil a with my daughter tonight and ate two chicken strips, slowly. With sipping sauce. I was full. But I ate two of her (large) waffle fries. This is the first time I've felt so bad after eating. Like aching pain like I just had four plates of food on Thanksgiving. I'm almost six months out and was being careless. It's been about three hours and it still aches. All I can think is I stretched my pouch. Ugh why did I do this? I'm fine with having a couple fries once in a while. But I really should have listened to my body when it said "hey, all full down here. Don't send any more food!". Annoyed and uncomfortable. No vomiting thank goodness. But I'm so mad at myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

The restriction is still so real. I went yo chick fil a with my daughter tonight and ate two chicken strips, slowly. With sipping sauce. I was full. But I ate two of her (large) waffle fries. This is the first time I've felt so bad after eating. Like aching pain like I just had four plates of food on Thanksgiving. I'm almost six months out and was being careless. It's been about three hours and it still aches. All I can think is I stretched my pouch. Ugh why did I do this? I'm fine with having a couple fries once in a while. But I really should have listened to my body when it said "hey, all full down here. Don't send any more food!". Annoyed and uncomfortable. No vomiting thank goodness. But I'm so mad at myself.

Wow I really cannot type. Sorry! Lol

15 minutes ago, Hrsnjs said:

Yes I had chic fa le once I could only eat 2 tenders no fries that was enough so I could imagine how you felt. 2 to 3 hours later I ate the other 2 it was just enough

27 minutes ago, Hrsnjs said:

Try not to be so hard on yourself...everyone steps off plan at some point or another. Chalk it up as a mistake and go back on track :) Hope you feel better soon

7 hours ago, Hrsnjs said:

I really doubt you stretched it. Forgive yourself and move forward.

Hi there, well its been 6 months exactly for me, what a ride its been! I've lost 111 lbs as of today and 38" over all lost too...I've given away a ton of clothes, buying new ones is a minefield now as the sizes are so messed up in stores and online. I hope you guys have all been doing great, I love hearing about everyone's losses (that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean) Heres to another 6 months!

1 hour ago, Suesloosinit said:

Hi there, well its been 6 months exactly for me, what a ride its been! I've lost 111 lbs as of today and 38" over all lost too...I've given away a ton of clothes, buying new ones is a minefield now as the sizes are so messed up in stores and online. I hope you guys have all been doing great, I love hearing about everyone's losses (that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean) Heres to another 6 months!

Wow wow wow. 111 lbs is 6 months is AWESOME. Congratulations!!!

I hear you about sizing...its so inconsistent among stores. But its fun to shop now, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Suesloosinit said:

Wow! That’s amazing! Keep up the good work!!

2 hours ago, Suesloosinit said:

That is fantastic!

8 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Wow wow wow. 111 lbs is 6 months is AWESOME. Congratulations!!!

I hear you about sizing...its so inconsistent among stores. But its fun to shop now, isn't it?

Thanks so much

Im getting in to shopping, I have to stop myself tho, I could go hog wild lol