Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

On 3/20/2019 at 11:17 AM, ms.sss said:

Wow, you look great! The bra you are wearing in your "after" picture looks looks like its doing you wonders :) What brand is it?

Sorry for the delay, didn't see it till now...I got the bra at Walmart the Hanes brand. Pretty comfy.

Okay, October sleevers, its April 1st tomorrow and that means we will all be hitting our 6 month marks over the next 30-31 days. Would love to hear/read about everyone's progress and updates as we all reach our 6-month-surgiverssaries (yes, i know that's not a real word, so I don't know how to spell it!).

Hope to hear from everyone :) (even its its just to say hey whats up...)

Tomorrow is 6 months for me! I’m really happy overall but my hair has started to fall out 😫 anyone have any recommendations on making it stop? I’ve added Biotin to my daily Vitamins.

Other than that, I started at 256 and am down to 180! I haven’t had as much time to exercise lately so I’m stalled, but I’m motivated to start up again!

On 04/01/2019 at 02:35, JennieJuniper said:

Tomorrow is 6 months for me! I’m really happy overall but my hair has started to fall out 😫 anyone have any recommendations on making it stop? I’ve added Biotin to my daily Vitamins.

Other than that, I started at 256 and am down to 180! I haven’t had as much time to exercise lately so I’m stalled, but I’m motivated to start up again!
Congrats 🎉🎊🎈

I hit my 5-month mark on the 30th and my hair too is falling out...I went to see a dermatologist and she told me to try a supplement called “Viviscal Professional”. Now it has to be the Professional one. So I was able to find it online for $60 and started taking it...I noticed my Hair loss has diminished so it might be worth a try for you.
She also said that if the Viviscal didn’t work, to try Minoxidil Shampoo. Hope it helps.

Wow, 70+ down since surgery is great! What are you all doing that I'm not?!! I get my protien(90oz) and water(100+oz). Eating 900-1200 calories a day. I even stop my 2 Snacks per day. I just started working out about a month ago that I increase my weight loss...a little disappointed because I'm only down 35lbs since surgery, went from 18 to 14.🤔😔 but I'm still glad I got my sleeve done, however, often think if it was done correctly. My husband and surgeon encourage me that slow is better less likely it will come back...on the other hand my nutrition states I should be at least 50 lbs down. I have to kick ass before my 6mths check up on the 17th.

Nonetheless, I'm looking and fitting into to clothes is a plus, just wish a little but quicker.

Also, try Neocell collagen for Hair loss works wonders!! I get the tasteless powdered and sprinkle it on everything. The new orange flavor is good is coffee too. I've only seen that one at GNC. I've been taking since month 2 and it stop my shedding in its tracks. But I'm also not losing lbs at quicker rate so it could be that as well.

NeoCell Orange flavor from GNC.

15541227259597269320029205605614.jpg

15541228895689182236267330269080.jpg

Traditional one, you can get these anywhere. Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Amazon etc. Come in pill and powder tasteless. I get better result from this one!

1554123150641609970773847433760.jpg

I will be 6 months on 4/18. I have been at a stall for 2 months but it finally broke over this weekend. I was sleeved at 295 and this morning I am 230. I am super happy with the 65 pound weight loss since the surgery and 91 pounds all together.
I was on 4 blood pressure meds before surgery, I am down to 2 and they are weaning me off of one them so I soon will be down to 1 and I am no longer pre-diabetic and my cholesterol is 140 now. It was 260 before surgery.
Yes the Hair loss sucks but it’s better than the alternative if I didn’t get the surgery.

I am exactly 6 months out and I have lost 61lbs from when I started my pre op diet and I have lost 47 since surgery. Overall very happy with the 61lb weight loss. I am currently 166 and my goal is 155, so 11 more lbs to go! I just scheduled a Tummy Tuck and breast lift for July so that is motivating me to lose the last 11lbs. I definitely am at a stall with this weight, It it interesting the numbers I get stuck at. I find my biggest challenge is motivating to work out, I still and have always suffered from depression and anxiety and the weight loss hasn't helped much. I do work out just not as much as I would like so working on that. The other challenge I find is going out to eat. I have always loved to do this with friends, family, hubby etc. It is so hard for me not to drink Water at a restaurant! There isn't enough time between drinking the water to when your food comes and that sucks for me! Otherwise I haven't lost any hair and labs are perfect so doing well! Congrats to all

Thanks for the suggestions for preventing my hair loss!! I’ll def try anything I can!

6 hours ago, JennieJuniper said:

You are only 5 lbs to goal!! (at least what's stated on the sidebar)...that must feel amazing 😁 My hair had started to shed around month 3...so I chopped it all off and it looks less thin now...hopefully it starts to come back soon...

2 hours ago, Freiabr said:

“Viviscal Professional.

Will check this out, thx for the tip...

18 minutes ago, Lolaj said:

Traditional one, you can get these anywhere. Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Amazon etc. Come in pill and powder tasteless. I get better result from this one!

1554123150641609970773847433760.jpg

...oooh and I guess will this one too...🥴

12 minutes ago, aapb79Gmail.com said:

so 11 more lbs to go!  I just scheduled a Tummy Tuck and breast lift for July so that is motivating me to lose the last 11lbs. 

So exciting! 11 lbs is not far to go. I'm about 26lbs to goal and and started looking at PS options...I can't decide what to do first...how did you decide?

My 6 month is 4/25 and I’m down 76 pounds since surgery almost ONEDERLAND. I’m averaging about 12-13 per month and I not been exercising sometimes my energy level is next to nothing. I know because I’m not getting my Water or meeting calories. I will start exercising this week to meet my 6 month goal at end of month to be low 190s. I’ve lost 10 pounds since last photo

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg