Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

20 minutes ago, brittmarr1 said:

My surgery was 10/15. I never thought I’d have so much discomfort 4 months out. It’s actually worse that earlier and I follow the recommended diet. But I’m down 45 lbs on my scale. Which is new-the scale.

Is your discomfort when you eat?

2 hours ago, brittmarr1 said:

I’m stuck ! The dietician at my last visit wants me to increase Protein and stay under 1000 calories. I am miserable with nausea at time and constipated most of the time.
But on the flip side I’ve dropped two sizes and acquired new wrinkles.

The nausea is of some concern. Have you called your surgeon? I can do 100 of Protein if I add a shake, Protein Drinks like Isopure, and protein chips I buy on here.

For the Constipation I take Colace 1-3x a day and just added Fleet liquid Glycerin Suppositories and Benefiber Fiber Supplement powder to my regimen. I hate stimulant laxatives because they give me stomach cramps, so this is my plan to avoid them entirely.

Good morning all! Just took some progress pics to compare to the ones I took prior surgery. 3.5 months in. Down from size 20 to 14. Down almost 50 pounds. Let’s do this image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.40a93173230df32cabb10c5826aa94e9.jpg
You are looking FANTASTIC!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm trying to wean myself off the scales - I am on them every day and because of all the fluctuations which I'm hoping is Water weight! - it's driving me nuts! I can't work out what's causing the changes every day but it's so depressing... I checked with my NUT and psych support and both have told me to continue to weigh every day as they say it will help me keep focused and accountable...! But, it feels like a constant struggle...
I've started asking naturally thin people what their weight fluctuations are like and they have them too!
My surgeon actually made me promise to only weigh once a MONTH! I have so much less stress. I concentrate on what it is I'm doing and it seems to work for me. Strange that doctors are so different, just like with the pre-op and post-op diets I guess. Hang in there!

I’m a little curious as to how many calories are you guys consuming daily.
I’m staying between 900-1300 and found that if I have less than 900 I hit stalls! I am thinking is because of the high intensity workouts I ak doing now and need more calories to burn more? 🤷‍♀️
My doctor recommends between 400-600 a day at the stage we are at. He says 800-1000 a day at one year out, and forever. I cannot stay that low. I end up getting about 700-800 a day. I am losing like always. Slow and steady. No big drops, but no stalls really either.

I was eating under 800 and since I've gone up to 1,000-1,200 I've been losing faster. I jumped from a size 18 plus to a size 16 regular VERY quickly.
Hmm. I wonder if I should try this to see if my loss speeds up at all.

1 hour ago, Hrsnjs said:

Hmm. I wonder if I should try this to see if my loss speeds up at all.

It wouldn't hurt for a couple of days, but hard to track if you are only weighing monthly.

Jessless. Thanks for your take on my issue. I have an appointment soon. I’ll bring it up.

No discomfort when I eat But I’ll wake up in the morning to nausea and off and on thru the day. I know when to stop eating. It’s a nice feeling that I’m full. I can eat between 1/2-3/4 cups of food that it and I’ve found that I can not eat pork I think it takes too long to digest.

Venting Post:

I am having a rough month the scale hasn’t moved... i have been fluctuating 5lbs for a little over a month now and i talked to the nutritionist and she said what i am eating is good i’m around 900-1000 calories a day, at least 90oz of Water if not more, i haven’t really had a workout routine yet but i make sure i get in a minimum of 10000 steps a day( just until i can get my work schedule set)

Every single day i try to make the healthiest choice!! I plan ahead most of the time but there is always that occasional cheat food i might eat if i am not prepared for the day.

I went to see my surgeon for my post op visit and i have lost about 50lbs but he said i should have lost at least another 20lbs by now... So i am really discouraged and I can feel myself slipping into old habits !!!

I think the. Surgeons are tough. I’m stuck and I know I should be loosing more but it’s been miserably cold here and I just don’t want to spend for gym membership. I know I won’t go. We walk when weather is good but not now.
My clothes are getting looser so I’m not getting upset. I see my dieticians on Thursday. Nervous to see how they scold me. They are both skinny

1 hour ago, amanda-xo said:

Venting Post:

I am having a rough month the scale hasn’t moved... i have been fluctuating 5lbs for a little over a month now and i talked to the nutritionist and she said what i am eating is good i’m around 900-1000 calories a day, at least 90oz of Water if not more, i haven’t really had a workout routine yet but i make sure i get in a minimum of 10000 steps a day( just until i can get my work schedule set)

Every single day i try to make the healthiest choice!! I plan ahead most of the time but there is always that occasional cheat food i might eat if i am not prepared for the day.

I went to see my surgeon for my post op visit and i have lost about 50lbs but he said i should have lost at least another 20lbs by now... So i am really discouraged and I can feel myself slipping into old habits !!!

You got sleeved after me and we have lost about the same. My surgeon says I'm doing great. I have noticed I lose more when I up my calories a little, like to 1,000 - 1,200 and that's what my dietician has recommended as well. Good luck!

1 hour ago, amanda-xo said:

Venting Post:

When did you have the surgery. O had mine October 26th and I've lost 40lbs I've have numerous stalls that lasted a month to six weeks sometimes but my Dr said I was still on track bcuz its only been 4 months that's 10 pounds a month on an average day we would never lose that much. My Dr also told me not to get discouraged because I was during my stalls she said its perfectly normal and slow weight loss is better than fast weight losd

Add me. @brittmarr1. I had surgery on 10/15/19. Thanks