Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

3 hours ago, marnellepaul said:

Hi peaches you are the closest to my date. I am 9/29/18. I only lost 40 lb and it’s 5 months. I am very upset

Hi Marnellepaul- I have 4 months post surgery and have lost pounds so far as well. I am the slower side as well and have been feeling frustrated. I recently had my 4 month follow up appt and my Dr thinks I'm losing just the right amount of weight. There is no right or wrong. She also thinks that losing weight on the slower end is better for the body and we are less likely to loss our hair as quick or as much. So those are some pluses at least! One thing that i started doing recently is intermittent fasting- 8 hours eating and 16 hours fasting. This has helped a lot bc I realIze now I was grazing a lot at night.

OK, so I called my doc nearly in tears today because of the nausea and reflux. Talked to the nurse. After my last appt, she'd already talked to the doc about what to do if I called in. I now have an upper GI scheduled (if I can get permission from the Court to miss part of grand jury service), they're going to try to get my insurance to approve a different PPI, and I'll likely have to do an upper endoscopy at some point. They're already priming me for a possible conversion to bypass - which I DO NOT want. Here's hoping I can get off for the jury service for the morning and that they find something they can fix without converting. At this point, I'm at a devil you know kind of position - I know the problems I'm having with the sleeve, and am concerned about those I'd get with bypass (I actually have one friend who got the bypass who also has reflux - ugh).

Since I've been Debbie Downer lately, I thought I'd post something good. I hit a weight where I am now below 35 BMI. So, I am now considered Obese Class 1 - low risk. Considering I started out well into the high risk/morbidly obese category, that is a good thing to focus on.

23 minutes ago, notmyname said:

Since I've been Debbie Downer lately, I thought I'd post something good. I hit a weight where I am now below 35 BMI. So, I am now considered Obese Class 1 - low risk. Considering I started out well into the high risk/morbidly obese category, that is a good thing to focus on.

Woohoo!!!!!

Sleeved 10/2/18
HW -354
SW - 321
CW - 255
GW - 180
Had to buy new pants this weekend. Was amazed to be down 4 pant sizes! So happy with my decision to have this surgery!!

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

56 minutes ago, SleevedGal said:

Sleeved 10/2/18
HW -354
SW - 321
CW - 255
GW - 180
Had to buy new pants this weekend. Was amazed to be down 4 pant sizes! So happy with my decision to have this surgery!!

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Wow that’s fantastic!!!! You look amazing!!!!

@ Georgetown thank you! I have no idea to comment like you did and show the post you are commenting on. How do you do that?

9 hours ago, SleevedGal said:

@ Georgetown thank you! I have no idea to comment like you did and show the post you are commenting on. How do you do that?

If you look at the post, just underneath it you’ll see the word quote. Click on that and then you can write under that. Then hit submit reply in the blue box. 😃

Ive found that I used to only be able to eat half a chicken breast at one sitting now I can almost eat a whole one. I’m worried that my stomach is stretching out too much. Anyone else had experience with this?
Yes! I had my surgery on 10/17 and i can eat anything, including bread. I still cant eat like i did pre-op, but its not as restrictive as i had hoped. The inly thing that helps is drinking enough Water. I slack off on water, but then i can eat way too much. I find that if im full of water, or Protein Shake, i can't overeat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m stuck ! The dietician at my last visit wants me to increase Protein and stay under 1000 calories. I am miserable with nausea at time and constipated most of the time.
But on the flip side I’ve dropped two sizes and acquired new wrinkles.

My surgery was 10/15. I never thought I’d have so much discomfort 4 months out. It’s actually worse that earlier and I follow the recommended diet. But I’m down 45 lbs on my scale. Which is new-the scale.

24 minutes ago, brittmarr1 said:

I’m stuck ! The dietician at my last visit wants me to increase Protein and stay under 1000 calories. I am miserable with nausea at time and constipated most of the time.
But on the flip side I’ve dropped two sizes and acquired new wrinkles.

The Constipation is real! I try to eat three prunes a day and that seems to help. When it gets really bad I use milk of magnesia. I’m sorry to hear about the nausea! Hard to eat when you feel sick!