Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

10 hours ago, junesturm said:

Orgain Protein Shakes have no dairy and I love their chocolate I bought it at Whole Foods
Also ensure has a lactose free shake that tastes good.

Thanks I will check out the options that all you posted to see what works

You guys, I’m in heaven. Went to a play tonight, so had a Protein Shake for dinner before I left work. Got home late and was a little hungry. Since I am well over my Protein for the day due to the shake, I was able to eat 80g of green Beans. I’ve missed being able to eat more than two bites of veg (because I normally have to focus on protein). Mmmmmm. I’m a reluctant pescatarian and have been eating way more seafood than I normally would. My taste buds are happy campers with the extra veg tonight. :)

So I got together with a friend this evening for dinner at Olive Garden and honestly have no idea why 🤷‍♀️

I started with an iced coffee and forgot to tell the waiter no sugar or whole milk and drank the whole thing because it was good and I totally forgot about the no fat and no sugar thing...I ended up packing my dinner to go because I was full just with the coffee and my tummy was acting up...as soon as I got home I had the worst bowel movement ever! I’m in and out of the bathroom since I got home 3 hours ago 😖 don’t know what to do to make this stop.
Lesson learned...

For starters let me say, wow on your weight loss! You’re doing great!
I know for me, I’ve been so stuck on that number on the scale for so long it’s hard to sometimes realize the other fantastic changes going on. For example, dropping clothing sizes, being able to walk upstairs without being totally out of breath and losing inches. Everyone stalls, especially when you start eating solid food again. Put the scale away and focus on all of the other positive things!
Ya another month passed..was worried about this weigh In..the holidays were filled with different foods.. but ya.. was still a really good month.. down 16 from december. 412 as of yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm up a lb. for the first time since surgery. I also have my period. Has this happened to others? It's "just a pound" but I am not happy.

I'm up a lb. for the first time since surgery. I also have my period. Has this happened to others? It's "just a pound" but I am not happy.
This happens to me every month when I start my period. No getting around it. It comes off plus more the following week...or at least it has so far..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgeon says gallbladder comes out tomorrow. Praying that this will put an end to the painful episodes and trips to the ER that I’ve been having recently. Hope everyone is doing well.

You and Mousecat are both having gallbladder removal this weekend, both had your 1st surgeries about the same time and now your second also . Kinda freaky, isn't it?

Almost 10 weeks post-op and exactly 30 pounds down from surgery day and 40 down from pre-op.

I am really grateful to every single person that was a part of this process and couldn’t be happier with my progress.

I lnow some of us lose faster than others but we all must be very proud of how far we’ve come and how far we’ll get!

Enjoy your weekend 😊

Almost 10 weeks post-op and exactly 30 pounds down from surgery day and 40 down from pre-op.

I am really grateful to every single person that was a part of this process and couldn’t be happier with my progress.

I lnow some of us lose faster than others but we all must be very proud of how far we’ve come and how far we’ll get!

Enjoy your weekend [emoji4]
Congrats! You're doing so well! [emoji122]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/4/2019 at 6:59 PM, recreating_courtney said:

Surgeon says gallbladder comes out tomorrow. Praying that this will put an end to the painful episodes and trips to the ER that I’ve been having recently. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hope your gallbladder surgery goes well. I had mine out 10 years ago, and haven't missed it a day since. I was in soooo much pain before it was removed, and it made a huge difference for me. I hope your experience is similar.

Got a Facebook memory today of me at my highest weight. It just happened to be a year ago today. I can't believe in one year I have lost 50 lbs! Y'all that's the equivalent of my dog! Of course 40 of that has been since surgery but I don't care! That's 50 lbs gone forever! Hopefully before 2020 it'll be 100 lbs! I just wanted to share, thanks for reading [emoji1] IMG_20190110_004058_121.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 month surgiversary yesterday (10/8) and I'm down 40lbs since surgery day, 70lbs overall! I've been really frustrated with being in my second stall for the past 2 weeks, but I have to keep telling myself to just stick to the program. I'll admit I haven't eaten the best, but I have my head back in the game and I remind myself that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. I started working out again, so itll be interesting to see what my body needs in terms of consumption as it adjusts. Most of my Protein comes in the form of gene pro unflavored Protein Powder in diet tea (57 calories/ 30 grams protein)

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well, my Hair loss started this week. I have curly hair and so far I’ve lost several of my nicest curls. This too shall pass.
Are you getting all your Protein? My surgeon said my hair would start to fall out if I don't get the required amount of protein every day. So far I'm getting around 80 - 90 grams per day

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9